[o/a] w o o s a n p t 1

type : fantasy / fluff / angst

prompt : "you're a liar, i know what you are san."
a new gardener boy is acquainted when bumping into the prince of the pixie realm. jung wooyoung and his best friend choi yeonjun find themselves meeting this confident and friendly boy : san. they'd never seen him before, realising he was new which made the prince interested. slowly wooyoung finds himself falling for the older boy but yeonjun sees right through san and intends on exposing him for who he really is.

3RD POV

motivation. that's a funny word. it's what the lilac hair boy had none of. motivation. every day felt the same, his life was draining, following a cyclical and precise schedule. he had nothing fun to do, nothing to look forward to. it was all the same: sit and look pretty, sit and smile for everyone, sit and be quiet, sit and don't talk back, sit and promote the royal family. how tiring it was. and if he were being honest, he'd fallen into a depression.

whether wooyoung or anyone else wanted to acknowledge it or even skim over the surface of why he felt like it was another story. to be very to the point: no one cared. he was just another piece of propaganda for the family to flaunt about and show off.

what was worse for the boy was that he had one friend, a servant boy named yeonjun. the only reason it was made worse is because their friendship was illegal, forbidden and more than secretive. yeonjun had met wooyoung when they were both 12 , one living a life of "luxury" whilst the other was forced to work from a young age to earn money to keep his family alive and stable. the contrast of their lives was evident but it brought them closer together. they understood each other, the loneliness, the despair, the inability to even feel free. what a lovely foundation for a friendship.

with that information, perfectly leading into wooyoung's focus and thoughts, he lay in bed and stared blankly at the painted ceiling. lifting a small hand to his hair, he brushed a stray strand of his straight lilac hair out of his face and tucked it behind his pixie ear. pursing his lips he just lay there, in exactly two minutes and forty seven seconds the maid who cleaned his bedroom every morning would come through the doors with an awfully plastic, bright grin plastered onto her face; singing and humming whilst she made the bed.

everything around him felt so fake, he felt so numb. what was normal? what was reality?

he didn't know that.

he never would.

it was a never ending cycle, remember? nothing changes.

sitting up, too numbly frustrated to deal with the maid in the morning, wooyoung slid out of bed; his linen covers slinking off the bed and with a quick rustle fell onto the floor in a crinkly pile.

"who gives a shit." wooyoung muttered tiredly, staring at the pile: why couldn't his room be messy? did everything always have to be perfect? it was stupid. turning away from his bed, the pixie walked towards his closet and opened it. searching for the comfiest thing he could wear, he chose a pair of trousers and a white blouse; they were the least forma things he had so he put up with that at least because he was just grateful he had somewhat comfortable clothes.

adjusting the top button on his blouse, he tied the ribbons on it too and then combed through his hair. once he found himself looking presentable enough, he stepped back and looked into the mirror. he felt pretty for once, it made the smallest smile appear on his face. his hair was falling gracefully and effortlessly onto his face, the lilac contrasting his honey toned skin. his dark, hazel eyes glistened in the natural morning sunlight, his blouse hugged his body perfectly and his trousers weren't tight, they had a form of airy space instead, keeping him cool in the summer heat too. he wore small silver rings on his fingers, his nails were painted lilac too and he had a small lilac lock on his trouser hook where a belt was supposed to loop through. it was his and yeonjun's promise lock; yeonjun had a red one. it resembled their friendship and how they were always there for each other.