[f] y u n g i

type : fluff

prompt : "gonna fuck my way through college"
inspired by the song "take a slice" by glass animals, but a softer meaning is meant in this version than the actual song. it's about yunho and mingi dating in college, reuniting in a dance company years after abruptly ending contact.
[the italic paragraphs in the story are mingi's flashbacks to college as it's set in the present day where they have reunited and begin to remember one another!]

MINGI POV

rumours had been surfacing around kq that a new dancer was being employed for my dance team since the beginning of the week. to me, it was strange because it was halfway through training for the final performance and we only had roughly three weeks before it too. concluding it was probably false or the person might just be really talented to the point it amazed our manager into hiring them, i shrugged off the thoughts and continued to make my way to the studio. tying half of my red wavy hair into a small ponytail to get the strands out of my face whilst i practice, i kicked the door open gently with the heel of my foot and entered walking backwards.

one of my friends, san, laughed at me doing this which earned a scowl from me as straight after i finished tying up my hair i shot him the middle finger. love my friends and all but they can be right assholes sometimes. san merely smirked and shrugged it off before walking over to his boyfriend seonghwa, latching onto his arm whilst he began to whine about something stupid and pointless probably. rolling my eyes, i turned away from them - "way to make me the third fucking wheel again san" i muttered under my breath before walking to the back of the room as i took my phone out, readying it to be put into the aux. who needed friends when you could just dance and ignore them instead? noticing san and seonghwa leaving, i just rolled my eyes once more, completely focused on music now.

though, once i had made my way to the aux cord, i noticed a phone was already connected. frowning slightly , i didn't recognise the phone, it wasn't san or seonghwa's. i realised a song was actually playing very quietly through the speakers now that i payed attention. too intrigued and basically nosy, i turned the phone on and glanced down at the home screen.

'take a slice' by a band called 'glass animals' was playing. almost instantly my head went flashing back to memories from college, there was one specific person the song would always remind me of, no matter how other memories became associated with the song, it would only remind me of them..

listening to the lyrics, i began to zone out , smiling fondly as i listened to the lyrics and think back to that person once more.

i'm the treasure, baby, i'm the prize
cut me rails of that fresh cherry pie
shitty old pistola
shot a bullet through my wallet
gonna go to pensacola

"gonna fuck my way through college" they sung, walking down the corridor of the apartment, jamming along to the song as they went. with a bright smile on their face ; they looked up at me, making my heartbeat rapidly increase due to the way i saw their smirk morph into something more alluring and smug. winking at me, they walked closer so they were standing just in front of where i was sitting on the stool in the kitchen. their hands found their way to my waist, caressing my side which shot ticklish sensations throughout my body, i felt as though i was melting into their touch.

they continued to sing the lyrics, smiling with half lidded eyes down at me, lifting me up from the chair and instead held me in their arms, my legs wrapped around their waist as my arms snaked around their neck too. tilting my head to the side, i blushed and felt my cheeks burn as they brought their face closer to my own, continuing to mutter the lyrics, returning to the same one just as their own lips ghosted mine.