[f] w o o s a n g

( quick plug i'm not sorry go check out my new seongjoong novel : devil !! :D )

type : fluff

prompt : "stop being so ethereal, it's unfair!"
the two soulmates/best friends go to a field to have a picnic, resulting in beautiful memories and multiple daisy chains.

• listen to aurora (ateez) for
somewhat relaxingly sweet,
nostalgic and calming vibes
throughout whilst reading . :)

————— YEOSANG POV —————

i carried the woven tweed basket, swinging it with my hand , smiling as i listened to my friend natter on about what had happened recently in his life and how he loved his new job as a dance teacher in a highly commended company. it was interesting to say the least and i enjoyed listening to him , i'd missed wooyoung and it was relieving to be with him for some alone time once more. we continued to walk through the woods, weaving amongst various foliage and trees, the crisp, autumn leaves were crunching under our feet as we trudged through , unable to walk delicately because the leaves were too fragile to make it able to walk softly on. wooyoung commented on how all the different autumnal shades were almost similar to all the variety of colours our friend hongjoong had dyed his hair, i let out a laugh, agreeing with him as the many colours of reds, oranges, browns, yellows and greens did indeed resemble the hair of the petit male.

neither of us had our phones with us, the woods were familiar to us since childhood so there was no worry or urgency to make sure we didn't get lost, we knew it like the back of our hand. we also didn't have them because we just wanted to focus on this rare alone time we had, we were both busy and had very time consuming jobs. nevertheless it was fine, we didn't need out phones, it's nice to have a disconnect for a while, especially with your best friend on our way to a picnic. wooyoung pointed to a clearing in the woods, grinning like a child in a sweet shop as he pointed at the rays of light shining through the trees, exclaiming that he could see the field and that it looked cosy and overgrown; reminding us both of our childhood. this place wasn't a well known location so it wasn't kept well except for when the occasional person decided to go out of their own way and cut the grass in the field or remove weeds in the clearing. it seemed somebody hadn't done it in a few months, we didn't mind, we had a picnic blanket so it wasn't much of a bother to us.

running a hand through my blonde hair, i tilted my head up slightly as we neared the clearing, smiling happily to myself when i recognised the beautiful place, my grip on the basket tightening as we increased our pace; practically doing a little jog to get over to the beautiful and nostalgic place. it felt like a massive breath of fresh air, so freeing, so relaxing. we felt harmonised and just so at ease in nature, nobody around for miles. just him and me, me and him.

"sang," wooyoung said, cutting me out of thoughts; so i turned my head towards him and smiled, asking what he wanted, "doesn't this just remind you of when we used to go here when we were 14; before the stresses of adulthood, or anything got in our way. isn't it amazing?" he asked with a sense of clarity and satisfaction; wooyoung was calmer than usual and it made me smile when acknowledging it. these woods just had an effect on us to the point it just made us feel almost zen like? but really, it was sweet to see. wooyoung would use his loud and bright personality to charm many, to make the mood comfortable and welcoming for everybody- even if it cost him his own self respect at the time. i appreciate it because it meant when i felt anxious meeting others, wooyoung was always there; he was by my side and ready to just help me flow into the gist of meeting or speaking to new people. but it was rare to see wooyoung so tranquil, so at ease, so calm, his face completely relaxed, only just smiling as he glanced around at the field. i was glad he felt comfortable enough to act this way around me.