[a] s a n g i

type : angst

prompt :
san had fallen out of love and it was all surfacing out of nowhere.
>>>[play sweater weather if u wanna go all emo]

————————— 3RD POV —————————

san sat down on his sofa, lip caught in between his teeth, thumbs twiddling as he frowned nervously, waiting for a certain somebody to come home. his eye twitched at the thought, he didn't know how to go about it but he just needed it to be sorted; it had been on his mind for days. he just needed to speak to his boyfriend, mingi. but right now it was 11:47pm, and the other was nowhere to be seen so the older male was in the living room in his purple hoodie and shorts, tiredly sitting awake, leg now bouncing subconsciously out of nerves.

he glanced to the side when he heard what sounded like a car pulling into the driveway, staring mindlessly at the dark green wall, a photo of him and mingi on their 2 year anniversary framed in a beautifully intricate golden picture frame, it made a weak smile appear on his face just before he heard the front door clicking open, keys rustling as he watched the dark brown door being swung open- a tired red haired male stepping through it as he placed his bag on the floor. when he had gently shut it behind him, he ran a hand through his curled red hair, slipping off his trainers as he then left the entrance, going into the living room , locking eyes with san. it broke san's heart to see the way mingi's tired eyes lit up happily at the sight of his boyfriend staying up for him, a gummy smile forming as he walked over to san, sitting down next to him on the grey sofa, wrapping his arms around san's petit waist and pulling him onto his lap - nuzzling into the crook of his neck.

"baby you stayed awake for me? you didn't have to, i told you i'd be working late! but it was worth it, i picked up my gift for you as an apology for not being home as much as i'd like too.. long days at the studios yknow baby." mingi smiled in a loving but worn out way up at san, eyes twinkling out of pure adoration, making san's stomach twist.

"yeah.. i stayed up min.. but it's because i have to talk to you." san began, pursing his lips as he looked down at mingi .

mingi sat up properly at this, hands resting lightly on san's waist now, leaning over and kissing his lips softly. san didn't kiss back.

after mingi did that he leaned back and smiled reassuringly, a calm aura oozing from him. "whatever you need to say love, i'm here to listen, i'm here for you. now tell me, what's wrong?" he asked softly, comforting his lover.

"w-well i-" san began, choking up a little, eyes watering as he tried desperately to blink away the tears, "i-i-"

"sweetheart don't push yourself to say it, take your time love, i'm here all night." the red haired male smiled.

"i-i don't love you anymore." san blurted out, eyes wide, tears falling as he shook in the other's hold.

silence.

nothing but silence and the sound of san's sobs.

"yo-you what?" mingi hardly managed to utter out, heartbreak evident in his voice, raw emotions obvious as he clearly restrained letting them show, trying his best not to cry - he felt his world shattering around him, everything was suddenly gone in a flash. san was his grounding point, his safe place, his love, his soulmate, the one he wanted to spend his life with, he needed san.