[f] s a n h w a

( quick plug x2 i'm not sorry go check out my new seongjoong novel : devil !! :D )

type : fluff

prompt : "hakuna matata yo"
seonghwa and san rediscover what love is all over again on a trip to the beach.

• listen to wave (ateez) for the vibe i'm
basing it off of, i had it on loop whilst
writing <33

————— SEONGHWA POV —————

san and i got ready to leave the house, packing out beach towels into the boot as well as a few snacks and extras , smiling shyly at one another when our hands bumped. despite dating for three years, i cannot believe i ended up with this beautiful man , i got more than lucky and i'm so so relieved he ended up in my life; i don't know where i'd be without him. we went back into the house to put on our shoes, i was only wearing a light t-shirt tucked into high waisted denim shorts and so i quickly slipped on a pair of flip flops, feeling arms wrap around my waist, and of course i began to blush a dark red, glancing behind me and smiling sheepishly at my boyfriend. his black hair was pulled back into a half up half down ponytail and he looked so hot with it, he was shirtless with an open button up shirt on as a cardigan type fit with shorts and sandals. he merely smirked when he saw me glance down at his fit so i lightheartedly hit his chest, flushing multiple shades of red once more.

"sannie stooooop~" i whined , pouting when he pulled me closer to his body , nuzzling into the side of my neck with his nose, placing a light kiss there, "san-ah i said stop, we need to get ready to go to the beach or we'll get stuck in traffic!" i flusteredly explained, mainly just using it as an excuse because i couldn't believe after dating so long i got this flustered around the boy. san simply grinned cheekily in response, pecking my lips as his dimples revealed themselves.

"am i suddenly not allowed to cuddle my darling warling parling snarling boyfie hwa hwa ?" he mocked, teasing me by copying my whiney tone from earlier , making me open my mouth in protest and a little bit of shock, surprised he was such a goof as i then went on to reject another hug, giggling when i wriggled out of his hold and ran outside to the car, quickly hopping inside before he could complain or stop me. and sure enough, a pouty san came out the front door of our house, shutting it and locking it behind him but then came to the car, hopping into the driver's seat; turning the engine on as he placed one hand lazily on the wheel , the other firmly yet gently holding onto my thigh; turning my cheeks pink as he took no notice, this was just a default thing for san to do. as he began to drive down the street, away from our home, he started speaking, "now today ,my love, is all about us - okay? just us two enjoying time together celebrating three years together. and i don't want it any other way. i love you so much baby, let's make the most of today!" he finished off with happily, grinning as i plugged the aux into my phone, with pink cheeks as i agreed, muttering a tiny i love you in return. soon enough "blue hour" by a group called txt began to blast through the car's speakers, making us both smile brightly as the song began, singing the lyrics together ; grinning like children on christmas day.

"but it's youuu-" i started with.

"-you're the one that i want!" san finished the line off.

this continued throughout the whole song as we laughed together, reminding us both of the first times we met ; on a summers evening at our friend hongjoong's house doing dance and karaoke , and from then on we pretty much became inseparable and i genuinely didn't want it any other way, i love san so much and i just couldn't see myself with anyone else, doing anything else. he was the best thing to happen to me. as the car journey went on, san kept shooting loving glances my way, which i happily reciprocated and blew kisses his way whenever he stole a glance, making his cheeks turn red , his grip on my thigh tightening as he laughed softly, that beautiful laugh i could keep on loop in my head forever, it was so melodic, bright and full of joy. the journey to the beach was a two hour drive but honestly it felt shorter, the mix of karaoke, comfortable silence, flirting, joking and cheesy one liners made the journey quicker, especially now that "wave" by a group called ateez began to play, it was a bop.