🐇

(Unedited , unplanned , undrafted...what can I say...it's a 3mins chapter people . Forgive me)

The days following soojin's arrival were uncomfortably tense - with the disarray of emotions and the weight of all the questions left unanswered still . The older seemed as though he was waiting for the bunny to bring the issue up himself - but jungkook couldn't .

Too afraid of the revelations , too afraid of the bitterness of reality . No matter how much he tried , he couldn't shake off the feeling that all of this had been his fault . If he hadn't come to Taehyung's life , maybe him and soojin would still have been together . And taehyung wouldn't have had to be so precautious .

Jungkook could practically feel the impatience in his lover's actions. And he knew it was only a matter of time before his heaven would shake , slowly give way to the ruin of what once existed.

"Soojin was my past lover" . Taehyung said one night , making jungkook tense in his hold. "We were high school sweethearts . She was my first in everything".

".......we had been so in love , ironic to what you would basically expect from an contract relationship between two rich families" . Taehyung chuckled humourlessly , before continuing . "Until you know... everything went downhill and before I even knew , she turned into someone I couldn't even recognise anymore".

"Her dad worked for the hybrid elimination committee and she was planning on joining it . And despite my clear dislike to the idea , she did . And... everything changed after that . Fights and...bubblimg emotions....We had different opinions on basically everything , different plans for our futures ......and I decided to break things off".

"She didn't take it well . But I demanded that I'll only take her back when she resigns from the committee . She did come back though....but nothing was the same anymore. Her dad played some cords to pull her back and we were drifting apart too...".

".......there was a big fight , and she walked out on me for one last time . I didn't stop her and I accepted that the relationship wasn't going to do us any good . I broke things off one last time... and then I came to Seoul , set up my own company with Yoongi hyung...I achieved everything back but there was this loneliness clawing deep at my heart". Taehyung hummed , pulling jungkook against him and breathing into his hair . "Then you came into my life and made me the happiest man alive".

Taehyung sighed , feeling the weight lift off his chest and Jungkook snuggled into his chest , a small wetness in his eyes and an adorable flush on his cheeks .

•^•

Hearing the door shut behind her , Soojin sighed - gaze still locked on the sight of broken ceramic littering the expensive carpet .

Her father's voice rang in her head - that if she was going to let herself lose taehyung to some non human creature just like that .

She let the thought consume her , trying to scare herself with it - fists clenching and a scowl forming on her lips as she did so . But another thought though , she did try to avoid . Tried to burn it into ashes in the scorching heat of anger and hate .

Just one thought , a faint itch at some part of herself that she had long since believed was dead - Had she lost Taehyung already ?

•^•