🐅

(I don't think you people should be reading this chapter very carefully......)

The next day before Taehyung leaves to work , he is a little frantic about everything . There are muffled mentions of the HEC as he talks to Yoongi in the privacy of closed doors , ones that Jungkook's keen ears pick up but his own paranoia makes it difficult for him to contemplate .

Though , ever the considerate , they leave him in the company of Jimin and jungkook takes time to relish in the company of his childhood best friend .

Most people would find their friendship ironic , claiming that a prey and a predator can never be on friendly terms . But Jungkook would respectfully oppose the idea - cuz Jimin had always been the one to protect him , taking down every possible threat for him regardless of the size difference and always dotting on him . That was until , jungkook was adopted by a family who had ensured that they'd provide him with the best they could afford but ended up selling him to his first master .

He shivers at the memory , immediately shaking it off and returning his attention to what jimin was saying . It isn't hard - not when the other hybrid is talking animatedly about all kinds of stuff . Whether if it's out of his own excitement or if he's trying to bring jungkook out of his worries - he doens't know. But he gladly indulges in the conversation anyway .

They talk and talk without care , and it's only after Jimin excuses himself to the bathroom that Jungkook decides to glance at the clock and realise it's already past 7 . He heads to the kichen to check on the dinosaur nuggets he and jimin had prepared but his attention is suddenly snapped towards the dark hallway when he hears the door squeak lightly .

"Jiminie?" He calls lightly , but receives no answer .

He glances towards hallway , feeling a sudden unease and stopping in his tracks when he notices that the shadow at the threshold is bigger than he had expected it to be .

The person steps out of the dark and belated panic shoots through his body. There are 2 of them , he notices , dressed in tight-fit uniforms and wearing disgusting smirks in their faces.

Fear grabs at him with hungry eyes and he stumbles back into the kitchen room . The distant sound of the bathroom flush ring in his ears , making him pray to all gods that jimin wouldn't walk into the scene too .

"Well well , this is some pretty hybrid we've got here" . The man says , stepping closer . Jungkook scrambles back and nearly trips on some surface. But before it could happen , but the man grips his ears so hard that he tumbles onto his grip .He screeches in fear and pushes fruitlessly against the man's chest, but the poor hybrid stands no chance against an HEC officer with experience .

"Such a pretty thing you are hm.....". He says , pressing him down with one hand while the other twists his ears harshly. Jungkook collapses into tears and paws at the hands that held him captive - all in vain.

A particularly painful kick is delivered to his stomach , so painful that he feels disoriented . His vision is hazy as the man crouches near him , and the other grabs at his ankles .

He knew what was gonna happen to him but then - snarl reverberates through the air , and the grip on his ears and legs loosen . He identifies it as jimin but as much as he wants to warn him - the words remain stuck at his throat and he slowly slips away from consciousness .

Jungkook opens his bleary eyes moments later and he's met with the sight of jimin crying out in pain as the 2 men hold him down.

Jimin is a predator hybrid . He has advantage but HEC officers are specially trained in combating skills . They are taught about the weak spots , the sensitive body parts that could bring a hybrid both pleasure and pain depending on how you handle them.

He could hear the whistling of the kettle in the background, the sound blaring through the atmosphere as his pulse thrummed strongly. Jimin was being pinned down to the ground by the hands weaved into his ear . They had electric tasers with them - Jimin couldn't shift in that form , he couldn't do anything in that vulnerable position .

"Hybrid bitch" . One of them mutters and he wraps his hands around jimin's throat . They were too busy dealing with jimin , they hadn't noticed that Jungkook was awake .

He didn't know what overcame him . But he found his own hands roaming over the countertop and grabbing hold of the kitchen knife . Jimin let out an aggressive snarl and the other officers tightened their grip on him - clearly pleased with the upper hand .

Jungkook didn't think further , he gripped tight onto the knife and plunged it into the man's back . He pulled the bloodied tool back , only to plunge harder than before . Thick crimson liquid spilled from the man's throat before he fell limp over jimin's torso .

The kettle whistled painfully loud , the only sound in the atmosphere other than the violent beating of his heart against his ribcage .

The other hybrid officer scrambled to his feet , making jimin snap out of his daze and let out a growl . His canines elongating as he pushed off the bloodied body from over him.

Jungkook's own body was shaking from the adrenaline as he dropped his bloodied knife . He brought his crimson hands to cover his ears , doe eyes suddenly pooling up and he muttered to himself .

Deafening voices echo in his head and jungkook rocks himself back and forth. Jimin's arms wrap around him moments later but jungkook is unresponsive as the weight of his doing sinks into him..

He hopes taehyung would be home soon , and that he'd make everything alright.

•^•

This chap is unedited , undrafted and unplanned fellas. Could have made it more descriptive but ye know...I have to keep it PG-13 .

Oops - plot twist . Wasn't expecting this .....