⛈️🐇⛈️

( 5 minutes chapter lol )

.

His heart thrummed angrily against his ribcage , the heaviness still there . With everything he had , he almost hoped that it wouldn't be true .

"Your speculation was right Taehyung". Park Bogum said , his tone measured . From opposite to him , the attorney could see the myriad emotions flash across Taehyung's face , morphing from disbelief to anger and hurt.

Taehyung grit his teeth , struggling to keep himself contained . "So....I was right all along..." . He said , more to himself than anything else. "I-is there anything...."

"It's true. There was no formal warrant issued against your hybrids...so there's no safe excuse to why the officers would have been here". Bogum halted. "However , it's an information to be kept solely to the judiciary and the HEC . The way we obtained this is not very legal........and together with the turn of events and how the world treats hybrids". He trailed off , eyes softening as they landed on Taehyung . "I'm not sure how to help you Taehyung".

His lips curved up in a sad smile in response to the attorney's words , and Taehyung replied , "I know hyung.....thankyou for doing this for me" .

•^•

Sharp, stinging pain rampages like a furious river down his ears. A scream flies out of his mouth before he can even see what the new onslaught is.  He feels a rough hand grabbing his soft eats in a tight fist, yanking on them. Jungkook is pulled to his knees, his hand flying up to try and pull them back, and ease the pain, but thrown off guard and terrified from all the attention, it’s to no avail.

"You are unnatural, you’re not even human". He can hear them say . "All you do is raise the crime rate, create filth in our streets"

The rough man yanks him backwards , making him lose his balance, sending him crashing to the ground with a loud cry of pain. Without his hand to support him, gravity and their unforgiving pull on their delicate ears send his nerves into a disarray of sensory overload , his entire body held up by trembling legs and his ears. They feel as if they’re going to be ripped from his scalp any moment now, and every sharp yank and scream feels like a brand.

The pain. It’s exactly like , like-

The memories flood back. One moment, he was a happy kit, running through the meadows with his siblings, the next he was dangling from a wire, his poor mother losing her mind trying to free him. Then, those strange things on two legs coming to free him from a trap, only to ensnare him in a terribly dark sack filled with DEAD animals. The crippling fear he felt then all rushes back into his mind, leaving him helpless in terror.

Falling to a cold, unforgiving floor that smelled of blood. Those predatory eyes that waited to devour him. Then, being pounced on in a way that was certainly NOT play and his little paw disappearing into a panther's salivating mouth.

Then....it was happy....the ahjumma and jimin , the panther hybrid who later became his best friend.

Before he was taken away . The scary men , the beatings , the pain.....being used .

Taehyung.

He needs Taehyung .

Jungkook screams, the blood-curdling cry of fear ripped from his vocal cords by the clawed grasp of terror itself. The pain sends him curling up and trying to struggle helplessly against what he can’t see, too blinded by the flood in his eyes and the past he has tried so hard to forget.

A vision of his blood pooling on the floor and matting his fur leaves him unable to respond to anything they say or feel anything. He's so cold and terrified and all he can long for is for Taehyung to hold him .

His furry ears droop down , laying flat against his head - a pathetic effort to make themselves smaller . He sobs silently , shrinking into a corner as he hears the rest of the guards leave , their footsteps trailing away .

Jungkook closes his eyes , covering his ears to the shrill screamings reverberating in his head . He tries to think of the happy things - home , the garden , the pictures of all the places Taehyung showed of him , saying he wanted to take him there.....just Taehyung...

Because Taehyung will get him out of this nightmare . Taehyung will save him. Jungkook knows , and so he hopes.....

•^•

(I'm sorry Jungkookie)