🐥⛈️🐱

Yoongi's head hung low as he watched the HEC's lawyer prance around , speaking in eloquent words that concealed the gravity of their deeds and their vivid disgust of hybrids . The rampant shouts of the press and other medias could be heard from outside the court building , as they tried to rush past the guards to secure a clear visual of what was going on inside .

Ahn Soohyuk sat with squared shoulders , eyes sharp and calculating . His daughter sat beside him , posture weary in a way truly uncharacteristic of her .

His eyes momentarily caught Taehyung's , finding the same exhausted hopeless in his friend's end that mirrored his own . They knew where this was going to end , from the very moment they let a hybrid into their hearts , they knew where this was heading .

Jimin was trembling as he stood facing the judge , body way too thin but his legs still struggling to hold him up . The malnutrition was evident in every lart of him , yet , how graciously the mistreatments of the commitee was disguised by proficient speech !

A court of law ! A society that speak of righteousness ! Ha .

Monsters and men...holding themselves above everything and way too paranoid about their position in the food chain.... aren't they all just the same ?

He wished he could gather his lover into his arms and shield him away the rest of the world , give him a home where danger wouldn't come knocking on their doors at the dead end of the night .

But this was two people against the world afterall , it was a fight they'd been bound to lose right from the beginning .

•^•

"A judiciary that had sworn it's duty to save innocents ! Then what about us ! What crime had we done other than stay alive ?! Is it because we aren't human , do we not bleed like you do ! Do we not hurt like you do ?! Do we not cry like you do !? When mothers and children of our kind are slaughtered without mercy , do we not feel the same anguish as you do . Then why ?!! Why ! Why ! Why ! Why do we still have to live every moment in fear of your so called righteousness ?!"

Jimin was trembling as he screamed those words , the last ounce of his energy used up for what he'd always been forced to keep within himself . The injustice they faced , the pain they suffered . If this so called law was going to grand him the mercy of death , then he would as well die after letting the world know of the things no one since has ever dared to voice .

'That vile creature'

'Restrain the hybrid'

'Such disrespect to allow such animals into the court of law'

The question is never about what is black and what is white . It's about who is it that decides . When the situation comes to that , it's not surprising that the line between such distinct things would become vague.

In the end , injustice would have won , when the voice of the judge announced that the hybrids are to be executed for commited murder and disrespect to the judiciary . In the end , the real monsters would have revelled for their cruelty had won .

Still , the weight of his words hung in the air . Maybe one day , those distraught words would be answered . In a better time , true crimes would come to light again and justice will once again reign .

But for now , Jimin found joy in the way his words shook the walls...and just like that , everything faded into nothingness .

•^•