🐇🍪

Taehyung has always disliked the dullness in his life - long hours spent cooped up inside his office , lonely dinners with nothing but the low volume of the television keeping him company ........he was always a loner , just watching the world go on from his bedroom windows with a disturbingly familiar emptiness in his heart .

Loneliness had always been the sole fixture in his life.....well , until it wasn't . Until a certain someone had hopped his way into his heart , carving a dent for himself and making sure it would always remain intact to warm Taehyung from inside.

It's a nice though , how he finally has a person to come home to , to warm the other side of his king sized bed and to fill the depressing nights with pillow talk and soft snores .

Jungkook still blushes whenever they are together , when they cuddle on the couch watching tv or when they have dinner .....or when they sneak outside the house at midnight to watch the night sky.

This innocent feeling is what makes taehyung succumb into sleep with a smile on his face , makes his heart beat faster and makes him look forward to another day filled with a set of pleasant bunny smiles .

It makes his mind go haywire and he can't bring himself to care for anything else .

At moments like that , he finds it easier to ignore the faint voice inside his head telling him that not all good things last forever .

(•^•)

The pair is cuddled up on the living room couch , legs entwined and the younger's head resting on Taehyung's chest . His fingers card through jungkook's fluffy raven locks as they spend the moment in silence - paying no mind to whatever program is running on the TV .

As if to crumble down the lulling tranquility , the program blends into the background and the concussion of breaking news fills the room .

"HYBRID - HUMAN FAMILY FOUND HIDING IN RENTAL APARTMENT. HYBRID ELIMINATION COMMITEE ISSUES ARREST WARRANTS". The screen shows a young woman , screaming and struggling in the arms of a police officer . The camera then turns to the sight of two children , visibly her kids being forced inside a car while they cry for their mother .

Those monsters ! How could they just tear a family apart like that and reduce them to shells !

The screen switches to the interview with a civilian - "I can't believe what's happening . Humans breeding with hybrids ! Absolutely disgusting -".

Taehyung turns the tv off that instant and a muffled sob leaves the bunny's mouth. Taehyung swarms the boy up in his arms , tracing soothing patterns on his back while he whimpers .

"I'm so sorry baby . I know I should have turned it off".

Jungkook wipes his nose with the sleeves of his sweater. "I-It’s just - ". He sniffles ."W-what if it was happening to us ? What , i-if we had a family , wouldn't they take that away too"?.

He cradles the boy close , wiping his tears with gentle hands and placing soft kisses on his cheeks . He lets Jungkook cry while he hopes that one day , hybrids won't have to be afraid of living anymore.