🐻🦁

[Seriously , what the heck is happening in this story ?!]

•^•

The clacking of boots across the hallway was the only sound filling the tense atmosphere , as she sat next to her father - the man's posture straight and self assured in all his confident glory.

The door to the office opened , and Kim Taehyung stepped in . Shoulders tense and a frown marring his forehead in a way she hadn't seen in a long time . Not since he left the Kim Corps , not since he was still here - playing puppet to the strings of inadequacy and self doubt.

But the Taehyung infront of her had a different air to him . No longer the week boy who did as he was told , too afraid to offend anyone and trying to retain his own morals while doing so. He now held an aura of defiance , and non-repressed hatred even as he was back . Sitting at the same place taht had veiled justice for him all those years ago .

Soojin didn't understand , if she wouldn't pay mind to any of her insistence to come back , then why was he doing so for a hybrid . Letting her father take everything he'd built up over the years just for a mere hybrid .

"Mr Ahn". Taehyung spoke , voice deep and stern .

It's not uncle Ahn anymore .

"I've signed the papers you've asked me to . And I trust you'll commit to your own part of the deal".

"Taehyung , don't act so rash with me . I'm your uncle , am I not ? Why are-"

"I've come to take both your hostages back with me . That's what you agreed to when I said I'd marry your daughter".

The words were spilled with so much venom that she couldn't help the lump in her throat when she heard it.

Her father's jaw hardened , he withdrew his hand from how he had extended it to take the file from Taehyung's hold .

"The panther hybrid will be released as per what I said. However , the real owner of the other one has reached out to us , demanding it being returned to them immediately".

"Jungkook is not an it. "

"Don't let emotions get the best of you Taehyung, you can have this deal or not at all . But you must be aware of the consequences about what would happen if this case is passed over to the court . And you'll be back at this same seat signing the same papers , but there'd be none of your hybrids for you to take back". Mr Ahn said , eyes narrowed in displeasure.

Taehyung's eyes flared , and he rose up from the seat . Taking the papers from the file and tearing them apart with no remorse . Mr Ahn clenched his fist , furious at the indignation.

"You're nothing more than a stupid boy , Taehyung . I'm offering your hybrids the safety I promised , and if you won't have it , then I won't try to counsel you".

Taehyung let out a bitter laugh , a cold smile plastered on his face ."Mark my words then Mr Ahn , if I don't get the 2  of them out and raze your empire to the ground itself, I won't consider myself a Kim and I won't call myself a lover to Jungkook ."

Taehyung walked out of the room , greeted by a stoic-faced Min Yoongi leaning against the wall . Her father bristled in anger , but she was too frantic to care .

Her legs followed Taehyung on it's own , and she found herself reaching for Taehyung's wrist almost involuntarily .

Taehyung turned towards her , eyes cold and unamiable , so different from everytime they'd been directed towards her .

"Tae-". She stuttered. "Tae , please . I-I never was a part of any of this. I didn't kn-"

"I was wrong about you". Taehyung spoke , devoid of any warmth his time usually carried . "You were my best friend , and even when all evidences turned against your father , I'd hoped you wouldn't have been a part in this cruelty".

Her heart sank at his words . "I hate myself for ever having loved you , Soojin"

•^•