🐰

Lightning flashes mighty below the towering of cumulonimbus clouds before a terrifying roar of thunder reverberates across the room.

His heartbeat was pulsing at a faster rate than usual, thumping at his chest as if he had been struck by lighting itself. His bunny ears covered his eyes , in a desperate attempt to protect himself as he shivered .

Jungkook hates storms .

They always shook him to the core , filling his mind with the painful memories . Being left alone in the woods when he was only 9 - he was so scared that day . His little body couldn't withstand the cold , he had no shelter to hide . He just lived through the storm the whole night until the old lady at the adoption center had taken him in .

Jungkook tried to call out for Taehyung , but he couldn't speak . He couldn't bring out his voice , he couldn't run .

He called and called again, but the words just came out as weak whispers  . His  pathetic attempts were clipped by another oppressive boom that he felt to his stomach. Goosebumps were rising on the poor bunny’s arms. The night had been encroaching quickly, that added to the gloom of Jungkook's being.

Silent tears ran down his cheeks as he tried to breathe through . But he couldn't - his body wasn't moving .

"Jungkook , the storm is-" . Taehyung called and Jungkook's heart took a leap .

Taehyung was here .

The light was flicked on and taehyung's eyes fell on Jungkook , huddled up in a corner and looking up at him with glassy eyes .

Jungkook's trembling figure was already in Taehyung's arms . The older ran his hands through the bunny's curly hair as he rocked him back and forth , whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

"T-they l-eft me". He hiccuped . "Wa-s all alone".

"You are not alone bun. I'll always be here to protect you" . Taehyung said , kissing his forehead .

"You are all safe with me".

Jungkook couldn't help but cry more at his word , clutching on to his owner's shirt and wetting it with his tears .

Taehyung stayed with him through the whole night as he continued to rock him back and forth .

"You won't leave me right". Jungkook asked , voice merely above a murmur .

"Never . I don't think I could leave you even if I tried Lil bun".

Jungkook nodded weakly as he clutched the fabric tighter . He only hoped Taehyung would always keep his promise.