NEW YEAR

Yumi Ishiyama Kadic Academy Eleventh grade student

"Hiroki, you little crook!" I snapped as we walked to school, "it's not my fault you agreed to come on the seventh-grade field trip, or that your friend did too." He laughed. "That doesn't make me a crook, that just makes you dumb." He said as we rounded our way through the gates. "Well I didn't realize that's what I was saying yes to, you came and asked while we were in the middle of a movie!" I protested. "I just was trying to get you to leave," I shrugged. "Me and Johnny? We're perfect gentleman," he smirked. "It doesn't even matter that bringing chaperones gets us a higher letter grade," he shrugged. "Well, at least we get out of class." Tovah walked towards us, her bag on her shoulders, Johnny on her heels. "Hi, Yumi!" He smiled brightly at me. "How are you? Did you sleep well?" He asked walking towards me. Tovah looked at me raising an eyebrow. Hiroki walked over to Tovah and smiled a bright smile at her, "Hey T, can I call you T?" He asked. "Everyone does, so I guess you can?" She laughed awkwardly. "So where is this field trip?" She asked turning to look at me. "Art museum," I shook my head moving around Johnny to stand by Tovah. "Alright! Headcount! I'm going to do the sixth graders and then the high school chaperones!" Jim said looking at a clipboard. "You wanna bet this day never ends?" Tovah asked looking up at me, "I guarantee it," I laughed. "Hiroki?" Jim called. "Here," he raised his hand, "Jonathan?" He called. "Present," I tapped my foot waiting for our call, "Yumi," I raised my hand, "present," Jim nodded. "Delmas," Sissi nodded, "Pressman, Tovah?" He looked around as he couldn't see her, she waved her hand around and he saw her. "Sorry, I see you. Alright, get on the bus," we went to get on the bus and I was going to sit next to Tovah but just when I was going to Hiroki sat next to Tovah. She looked at me confused and then I moved to sit in an empty seat and was accompanied by Johnny. "Johnny?" I said a little annoyed. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" He asked. "Isn't it so cool we're going to a museum? I love museums, I love learning, don't you?" He asked. "I guess so, it's better than school," I shrugged as I looked out the window, "why aren't you sitting with my brother?" I asked. "Well, I thought it would be cool if you and I got to know each other, don't you?" He asked meekly, "I guess, but I think I'm gonna go sit with Tovah." I said getting up, "Sit down," Jim said pointing at me, I sunk back in my seat annoyed, and Johnny looked at me eagerly. 

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Tenth Grade Student

"Hiroki, why did you sit next to me and not next to Johnny?" I asked looking at him and over at Yumi, I was practically begging with my eyes for her to come and save me. "Well I was thinking that you and I could sit together and we could get to know each other a little better," I pulled my bag from my feet and pulled my book out, "What are you reading?" he asked, I set my book in my lap a little annoyed, "2001 A Space Odyssey," I flashed the cover at Hiroki and he pulled a comic book out of his bag, "I like to read comic books, do you like comics?" I shook my head, "I don't do comics," I said, "I'm gonna get back to my book." I looked out the window and saw that we were close to the museum, I let out a sigh of relief as the bus began to come to a halt. "You want to walk around together?" Hiroki asked, "Well that's why we're here as your chaperones," I got out of my seat and walked over to Yumi, "Do you feel like we've been tricked into coming on this field trip?"  "I think so," we walked into the museum and I looked at our new attachments. 

Aelita Stones Kadic Academy Tenth grade student

I sat in class, bored, I had been thinking about nothing except the work Jeremy and I had been doing on Lyoko, but lately, it was just dragging on. Endless nights at the factory, no sleep, working until the sun came up, and then working on school work. It was exhausting. Today I didn't even have Tovah with me to get me through the drudgery of it all, she was at some field trip with the sixth graders, I would kill to be there and not at school. The bell rung, dismissing us from English and to study period, and Jeremy came up to me as I was heading to the library to work on my Italian, "do you want to go work on the program for sector five?" He asked eagerly, I shook my head no, "I need to do my Italian homework," I walked around him and he followed after me, "what for?" "What do you mean what for? Cause we're still in school," I replied, "We still have to do school work to get grades," I grabbed the door to the library. "Are you coming?" I asked. "No, I'm gonna go to the factory." He shrugged and stated, "Where's Einstein going?" Odd asked walking towards me, "factory, he's above studying now I guess." I crossed my arms wondering how we had gotten this way. "Hm, well it'll work out." Odd put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm not worried about that, I'm just worried that Jeremy isn't taking school seriously right now," "Jeremy has great grades, I wouldn't worry." Odd smiled. "I guess. It's just Lyoko isn't going to last forever," I replied before walking into the library.