EXCHANGE

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Tenth Grade Student 

I woke up in Lyoko with a bang, I rubbed my head as I stood up emanating to walk down the sector, "Jeremy?" I called out and looked around wondering why I was here and why I was alone. "Where is everyone?" I asked myself as I drifted through the empty sector, I looked forward, then saw a brightly glowing bubble quickly I ran towards it. "What is this?" I asked timidly as I touched my hand to it, I pushed my forward into it... and..."Tovah, wake up," Aelita said as she turned her alarm off. I sat up in bed the room spun around me as I rubbed my eyes, "Oh, is it already morning?" I asked, groggy. "No, I'm waking you up for fun." She laughed, "Come on, let's go before all the hot water is gone." She snickered as she got her things out of her side of the closet. "I'll be there in the minute, I just need to wake up a little more," I said snatching my glasses off my side table. I sat on the side of my bed rubbing my forehead thinking of the dream I had just had, "Just forget it," I mumbled to myself. I grabbed my things and went to the showers, I turned the water on and let the cold water cascade over me, nothing like a frigid shower to wake you up. I got out and pulled on my button-down and sweater vest and skirt and then went to the mirror, "Cute necklace," I said to Aelita, "When did you become a jewelry person?" I asked brushing out the knots in my wet hair. "Didn't you hear me get up last night? Someone left it at the door," I tilted my head, "I guess it's a gift for today," I suggested, "Why?" She asked, "Did you not hear all the announcements or anything about that speed dating thing Odd was planning?" I asked, "Well yeah, but this school always has something going on." She shrugged, "Well it's Valentine's day, I guess someone gave you that as a gift and I have an idea of who would want to give you a gift," I laughed. "Who?" She asked, "Really?" I asked, "My cousin obviously," I said as we walked to our room to get our bags, "Oh hey," Odd declared waving at us, "What are you doing up here?" Aelita asked, "Oh I came to walk...both of you to breakfast," Aelita smiled at me then Odd offered his arms to us, he walked us to the cafeteria, he was being a real gentleman, "What has you in such a chipper mood this morning? I mean new outfit and everything," I asked with a chuckle, "I have to show this girl Cora around the school, everyone says she's cool," Odd said with a smirk. "Oh," I mumbled, Odd and I had been cold as of late, we hadn't been flirting much or even talked about our kiss, I felt a little green-eyed but it seemed as though he had moved on. "Oh, there's Jeremy," She sauntered away from us and over to Jeremy who stood in line, Odd looked at me, he looked as if he wanted to say something to me. "You aren't jealous are you?" he asked abruptly, "Jealous? why would I be jealous?" I asked crossing my arms, then letting go, putting my arms by my side so I wouldn't come off as defensive. "I say go for it if you want to flirt with the girl you're showing around today," I tried to play it off as casually as I could. "Thanks, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings, you know?" he patted my arm and then looked at his watch, "I gotta go, but I'll see you around, maybe we can hang out later, I mean you are coming to the speed dating later right?" I nodded apprehensively, "yeah, I think so..."

Jeremy Belpois Kadic Academy Tenth grade student

I stood in line humming to myself as I waited for breakfast, 'I hope I'm not too late for waffles. My leg itches...why does it itch?' I stood there lost in thought and was suddenly pulled out of it when a hand was on my shoulder, "agh!" I gasped. "Jumpy much?" Aelita giggled. "Thanks for the necklace, and happy Valentine's day, sorry I didn't get you anything..." she gleamed brightly looking down at the necklace, "oh, um, no problem! It was only natural I get you a present for Valentine's day," we stood in silence for a few seconds and I proceeded to bend down and itch my leg to bridge the silence. We finally got our trays and sat down with Yumi and Ulrich. "It's not a big deal," Ulrich puffed. "What? That Sissi is taking you to a concert? I just think it's a little ironic that you always say you don't like her and then turn around and go to a concert with her, and on Valentine's day," she crossed her arms. "Trouble in paradise?" I joked. "If only," Ulrich melted back in his chair. "And Sissi is nice enough, I don't hate her." He clarified. "Wow, what a sentence," Tovah declared as she sat down with her tray and proceeded to pull her toast apart, "I see we're all having an eventful morning?" She asked. "I suppose, where's Odd?" I asked changing the subject. "Showing around some foreign hottie," Tovah stated blandly, "and that doesn't bother you?" I asked suspiciously, "why would it?" She questioned. "Cause I thought you know..." she shook her head she then laughed sarcastically. "Psh, I mean, no way...not...me and Odd are just buddies," she said as she leaned her head on her hand. "Convincing argument," Yumi pointed her fork at Tovah laughing, "Don't laugh, it was convincing, anyway," She stood up grabbing her untouched tray, "I have somewhere to be." She started to walk out of the cafeteria and tossed her tray, "She's in a mood," Ulrich said, "I'm gonna go to the library," he stood up and followed her out. "Everyone is in a weird mood," I examined.