Sleep over!

Yumi Ishiyama Kadic Academy Tenth grade student

"Oh, I can't believe it! My parents said yes!" I cheered over the phone as I sat in my bedroom, "you two are gonna love it! The whole house to ourselves! We can have all the junk food we want and I'm gonna rent horror movies..." I smiled as I laid back on my bed thinking of my first real sleepover! I had never really had any female friends, so I had never really had the chance to have a sleepover before.
"Yeah, I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

Aelita Stones Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

Tovah and I walked down to the dining hall for dinner and met up with the others. "Hey," we greeted. "Anything in the Kadic news?" Tovah asked. "Just that it appears that Odd is going out with Ariel," Jeremy said shrugging. "So. No news," I rolled my eyes at the thought of that being our school's idea of news, "Can Millie and Tamia really not think of anything better to write? Who's dating who? I'd rather hear about anything else, right Tovah?" I asked as we walked into the dining hall, "right?" I repeated. "Oh...yeah, where is he anyway?" She asked. "Probably with her," Ulrich shrugged. "He's been snowing her all afternoon," Tovah rested her head on her fist, looking sullen. "Everything ok, cuz?" Jeremy asked. "Oh, yeah," she nodded. "Totally, I'm gonna go get my tray,"
"Big news!" I said sitting up in my chair, "we're having a sleepover!" I clasped my hands together. "Don't you have one every night with T?" Jeremy asked. "No, that's different, we're roommates, Tovah and I are staying the night at Yumi's this Saturday! Jim said it was okay." Ulrich tapped his chin, "are we invited to this party?" He smirked. I shook my head. "It's girls only," I smirked back. "Girls only? What is?" Odd asked sitting down. "The girls are having a sleepover at Yumi's," Jeremy said. "Oh nice," I stood up, "I'm gonna go get my tray,"

Ulrich Stern Kadic Academy Ninth Grade student

We walked up to our room and Odd looked over at me, "I tell you, Ariel is something, she's artistic, she's funny, she's not taller than me too, which is great and she's really pretty with her glasses and long brown hair..." I shook my head, "it sounds as if you were describing someone I know," I unlocked our door and went to my bed laying back. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Are you blind or what?" I shook my head in annoyance. "You two are so complicated," I started, "I thought you were mad about Tovah," he shook his head and sat down, "well...I, you see, hey I had an idea! We should prank the girls at their sleepover!" He said changing the subject. "You're gonna have to address the elephant in the room at some point Odd. But...I'm listening, what kind of prank?" I asked intrigued. "Make them think zombies are attacking! Or there's a ghost! Then they'll be all scared and want us to stay,"
"What about Ariel?"
"She wasn't invited,"
"Are you doing this to make her jealous or something?"
"No, it's just, she told me...she just wants me as a friend."
"So? Yumi and I are just friends. Being friends can be great, you can be there for her and always have her back,"
"Well, her dad wrote her this letter and since then she's been kinda cold to me, but after our last mission she held my hand, and now I'm confused! I think it was like a..." I cut him off, "I think you just need to relax and not overthink it,"
"Whatever, thinking too much, not thinking enough, it's all gonna get me to the same place, but I have an idea, we should prank the girls at their sleepover,"
"What did you have in mind?"

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

"This is gonna be so much fun, I can't wait to have a night away from school," Aelita said as we made the walk to Yumi's, "you've been quiet, what's wrong?" She asked. "Oh, it's just this Odd thing, I thought, well, I thought that he liked me, but now he has a girlfriend. But a girls night is just what I need," we arrived at Yumi's and we got to the door, "Hey!" Yumi said opening the door and letting us in, "my room is this way, I was thinking we could change into our pajamas and make brownies?" She suggested. "Sounds fun!" Aelita said, I nodded, we set our bags down and got our pajamas out. Our styles were all so different in comparison, Yumi wore dark colors, Aelita wore bright ones and I was somewhere in the middle. Aelita wore a long pajama shirt with a pocket on the upper corner that had a big "A" on it, underneath she had pink and white checkered shorts and the outfit was completed with fuzzy gray socks, Yumi had a black and white striped crop top with athletic shorts, barefoot, with her hair pulled back, I had on a purple "T" shirt, get it? Well, that's what Aelita called it when she got it for me, it has a big 'T' across the chest, one to match hers, underneath I had black and white polka dot shorts and fuzzy socks. We went into the kitchen and Yumi pulled out brownie mix, "so how are things with Jeremy?" I asked. "Hm," Aelita tapped her chin, "sometimes I can't tell if he's more interested in me or XANA," she shrugged. "I just wish I could shake him and say "remember me?" But it's all fine, I'm just happy to be with you guys," she smiled pouring the brownie mix into the bowl. "I think Ulrich and I are going to the dance together," Yumi said with a soft grin. We all chatted and put the brownies in the oven and then went to Yumi's room.
A while later it started to get dark and there was a light tap on the window. "What was that?" Yumi asked standing up and opening the curtains, "that was odd," she sat back down and flipped through the gossip magazine we had been passing around. "Should I dye my hair?" I asked. "What c-" suddenly the doorbell rang and we looked at each other in confusion, "are your parents coming home tonight?" Aelita asked. "No," she shook her head. "Your brother?" I asked. "No," she got up and went to the door and looked through the peephole, "no one's there," she shrugged. "Weird must've had the wrong door," we went and got a brownie and the doorbell rang again, "I'll look," I said checking, but nothing.