Seizing

Jeremy Belpois Kadic Academy ninth grade student

"Everyone back?" I asked as I pulled my microphone out of my ear, "everyone except Tovah," Yumi said.
"On it," I said typing in the code to virtualize her. It took longer than usual, it was strange, but I figured it was just lagging. "You okay?" I asked as Tovah came up the ladder.
"Right as rain!" She said giving me a thumbs up. We all went our separate ways, we had an assembly and then Yumi, Aelita, and I hung out by the soda machine.

Yumi Ishiyama Kadic
Academy Tenth grade student

"Who do you think it is?" Jeremy asked as we sat by the vending machines.
"Sissi?" He asked. "No, she and Sissi are friends, she wouldn't blackmail her," I said shaking my head. "Julia? She and Odd dated," Aelita suggested.
"Well, whoever it is, we can't let Tovah know, or tell Ulrich or Odd," Aelita said shaking her head.
"Why not Ulrich?" I asked suspiciously. "Those two are back together somehow, you didn't see them holding hands this morning at the assembly?" Jeremy asked.
"Why do you care?" Jeremy asked. "You're with William, you're a professional at blowing Ulrich off," he added. "Well, I just wish he would have told me, you know, like buddies..." I spat.
"Well, we don't even know if it's for real. It could all be an act," Aelita said as she pats my shoulder.
"What's an act?" Odd asked walking towards us.
"Theatre," Jeremy panicked.
"Yes, that's what we were talking about," I side-eyed Jeremy.
"Have you guys seen T today? I borrowed her headphones and I need to give them back, but I can't find her anywhere," he frowned. "Not since this morning but She texted me that she's in the library," I said leaning back against the wall. "Alright, I'll go see if she's still there, thanks," he smiled reassuringly.
"Well, what do you think Odd will do when he finds out?" Jeremy asked. "He's like desperately into T," he shook his head.
"Maybe a comet will hit the school," I said as I started walking towards the school building.
"Don't joke, fhat could happen," Jeremy laughed.

Aelita stones Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

I sat next to Tovah in class, she seemed disinterested and far away, I leaned over and nudged her.
"you okay?" I whispered. She stood up.
"Maybe I should go to the infirmary?" She suggested.
"What's the matter?" Mrs. Hertz asked.
"My head is pounding," Mrs. Hertz excused her, then as Tovah was walking out the classroom door she collapsed, I stood up from my seat.
"Tovah!" Mrs.Hertz went over and put her hand under her head steadying her as her body convulsed, it lasted for about thirty seconds, and then she fainted. "she just had a seizure, someone go get Jim, quickly."

Ulrich Stern Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

I sat by Tovah's bed in the infirmary waiting for her to wake up, "whats wrong with her?" Aelita asked.
"It was a seizure," she said wetting a rag and laying it across her forehead. Tovah's eyelids flinched as I took her hand, "her eyelids are moving," I examined.
"She must be dreaming,"
Jeremy came into the infirmary, panicked, he had been in the library when T had seized.
"is she okay?" He asked worriedly.
"She's fine," Ulrich said. "Does your cousin have any medical issues? Does she have a history of seizures?" The nurse asked looking over her shoulder at the boy. Jeremy looked around, thinking.
"yes, well she used to have these kinds of seizures where she'd be talking and then suddenly she'd be all zoned out and then she'd collapse, but that hasn't happened since we were like much younger, they were mostly caused by stress, it was around when her mom got sick," he explained rubbing the back of his neck.
"We need to take her to the hospital, it's just school protocol." The nurse picked up the phone and waved Jim in, she explained what was happening.
"I want to go with her," Jeremy said.
"I do too," Aelita begged.
"Well, alright. But only you two," Jim explained.

Aelita stones Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

We got in the back of the ambulance and I brushed a grayed hair out of Tovahs face. "She's never told me about that before," I said looking over at Jeremy.
"When was she the one to talk about herself?" He shrugged pulling his laptop out and setting it on his lap.
"You don't think this is XANA related do you?" I asked looking out the window as we stopped. "You can never be too sure." He explained waving his finger in the air. "For now, we're fine," but he didn't sound convinced. I thought back to this morning when the scanner lagged, but Jeremy had said that Tov had a history of seizures, I had no idea what to think. It was all so scattered and jumbled, it could just be a one time instance, but I still felt sick to my stomach.