Dance Fever part 1

Odd Della Robbia Kadic Academy ninth grade student

I rushed to the store to get a costume for the dance, just great, I finally had a date and I had no costume. What was I gonna wear? I guess I should've asked Tovah what she was gonna be, but were we going as friends? Or as a couple? I guess my gesture was a bit vague. She had been a bit distant these past couple days. Aelita walked into the store and waved at me as I stood at the rack of clothes, "hey," she smiled walking towards me. "What's up?" She asked. "Searching for a costume. Why are you here? I thought you and Jeremy were gonna be pirates or gladiators or something?" I asked. "Oh, he wanted us to be, but I bought an angel costume before he asked and I wanted to look pretty to DJ," she shrugged going up to the store clerk and grabbing a plastic bag. "What're you and Tovah going as?" She asked. "No Idea, I can barely get two words in to her lately, her mind is elsewhere lately. We do our missions, schoolwork and she's hanging out with William and doing art for her show," I sighed. "Well why don't you try doing something she likes? Well, I have to go, rehearsal," she smiled.
I picked out a costume and tucked it under my arm and went to check out.

William Dunbar Kadic Academy Tenth grade student

"It's so cool that you got the part," I smiled as we walked down the corridor on the breezy Friday afternoon. "You too, its gonna be really fun. I haven't been in a play before," she smiled. She looked forward and we saw a stern man and harsh looking woman standing with Principal Delmas, Tovah looked at me and bit her lip. "I have to go," she frowned and walked away slowly. I went and found Yumi and sat next to her on the bench, "what're you doing here? It's Friday," I asked. "Hanging out, doing homework," she said laying back on the bench. "Who are those people Tovah is with?" I asked pointing in their direction. "I don't know," she shrugged. "But I'll figure it out," she said as she stood and walked over to the group. "Hey T, what's up?" She asked. I followed behind her at a close pace and bit my lip, this was a bad idea. "Oh this is my father and my step mother, they're in town for the art show tuesday," she muttered through gritted teeth, "come now darling, speak up," her step mother said patting her shoulder. She flinched away and looked at her watch, "I'd love to show you around, but look, there's Jeremy, I bet he'd be happy to," she said before walking away. Yumi and I followed as the two parents approached her cousin, "that was awkward," I vocalized. "You don't have to tell me," she said as she walked towards her room. "Why are they here?" Yumi asked. "I thought they lived in Africa being important doctors or something," she prodded. "They do, they don't like that I'm not as smart as they want me to be, they want me to be all gifted and talented when I'm not," I rested my hand on Tovah's shoulder and she turned to look at us. "I think you're talented, you're a really good actress and artist, we just need to show them how talented you are," I thought out loud. "What are you thinking?" Yumi asked. "Yeah, what's the plan?" Tovah asked.

Ulrich Stern Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

"Well what's Tovah going as? Did you ask?" I asked as Odd got back from the costume shop. "She's going as a princess, she either said that sarcastically or she is. So I got a prince costume," I raised an eyebrow and looked down at my magazine, "Yumi said that Tovah's parents are here, her dad seems as mean as mine, her step mom doesn't seem very nice either," I said stretching. "We should start getting ready to go down to dinner," I stood up and slid my shoes on, we walked out into the hall and bumped into Jeremy and Aelita, Jeremy looked shell shocked. "Hey Einstein, XANA beat you at chess or something?" Odd teased. "No, Tovah's dad, my uncle is just..." Aelita patted his back, "he's mean, and my aunt, I guess is worse, to add insult to injury I told them I'd go to dinner with them and Tovah," he frowned. "And I was telling him it was very noble of him to be there for his cousin," Aelita smiled reassuringly. Tovah walked down the hall and stopped in front of them pushing her glasses up her nose, "alright, let's get this disaster over with," the two started walking towards the stairwell and Odd stopped her, "hey, were you serious about going as a princess?" He asked. She laughed softly and shook her head, "what? I can't really talk right now," she said as her and Jeremy headed down the stairs.