COMMON ENEMY

(Hello! Long time no see, well, I just wanted to quickly say that there's going to be a bit of a shakeup. From this chapter forward consider this like season three, I was having a dry spell and considering ending this fic and was pretty disappointed with how it was going but then after watching Code Lyoko, Invincible, and Young Justice I sat down and had a lot of ideas on how to make this fresh and new. My favorite chapter I ever wrote was my very first because I knew who Tovah was. I found myself falling into tropes I didn't want to do and a lot of back and forth of "who is Tovah going to date?" But I just want to kind of start fresh, I want to do what I intended when I set out to write this fanfiction. So, I'm going to do that.
-Lou)

Jeremy Belpois Kadic Academy Tenth-grade student

As Tovah collapsed out of the scanner into my hands, I knew I had done all I could and had made things right. As right as I could, I also knew that I had messed up and would have hell to pay with Tovah, I didn't imagine she was going to forgive and forget so easily.
But I was confident that the trouble was nearing a halt, that we would be okay. Her eyes fluttered open as she looked up at me.
"Welcome back,"
She moved to stand up, wriggling quickly out of my grasp; as if I had repulsed her.
I felt in my guts that this had all been a bad idea from the start.
Perhaps on that first night, I should have done everything in my power to not let her go.
"What's wrong?" Yumi asked putting her hand on T's shoulder.
"What isn't?" She replied before climbing up to the computer lab.

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Tenth-grade student

[One day since XANA escape]

It was quiet as we all sat in Jeremy's room, I had no clue because I was there, after all. I mean I hadn't died but yet, It all felt like my funeral. Very grim.
They had saved me from the clutches of XANA, yet again, leaving me to once again feel like the one who always needed saving. I felt like I was the one who couldn't keep up, wasn't strong enough, or fast enough.
"Tovah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth," Jeremy put his hand on his shoulder, I felt his pity seep through my sweater.
I had no idea what to say, I wanted to tell him off, tell them all off. But how could I?
So, I did what I always did, I just went with it.
"It's fine, it is, I'm just glad I'm out. It doesn't even really matter, the past couple of weeks are just a blur." I tried saying convincingly, "I'm just grateful that you saved me." I rotated onto my knees, escaping Jeremy's weak grip. I looked to Odd, the memories flooded in of his eyes boring into me as I woke up in the scanner, I had been at a loss for words when I had come to.
"I should go, lots of makeup work, you know?" I got to my feet and they all looked at each other. It was like my first night when they had scattered from the dinner table, and the same feeling arose in my stomach.
I had been gone and they had been here to carry on happily without me.
It was like good times when the group was balanced when I wasn't here causing havoc.
"Actually," Yumi pulled a stack of papers out of her bag, "we had told your teachers we had been emailing you the assignments." She handed me the stack.
"Guess everything is perfect then," I forced a genuine-looking smile, how could I be any different? They had saved me from a monster and made my life back on Earth easier. "I'm going to be in my room, I'll see you all later. Goodnight."
I sat on my bed with my eyes closed, it was like I could feel XANA's darkness wrapping around me, something about it was so weird and familiar, like an old sweater, made of thorns and deceit. I was going to be a prisoner of gratitude to my friends and a prisoner in my mind forever.

[One week since the XANA attack]

I had been feeling myself distancing myself from the group, choosing my own company from anyone else's. I sat next to Ulrich in class and nodded along as he spoke about what had transpired while I was away.
"Sounds crazy," I responded, I filled in the answers to my worksheet, and I thought to myself how crazy it was that before all of this one of the biggest things plaguing me was "Odd or Ulrich?" It was so important to me that I chose a boy, but now, I just was determined to take XANA down.
I felt my anger fueling me more and more, but at the same time, I felt the need to push it all as far away as possible. I wanted to make my life as normal as possible.
After classes ended, I knocked timidly on Jeremy's door, "Jeremy? Can I come in?" I walked in after a reply and sat down. "Hey, you ready for this weekend?" He questioned, still staring at his computer, "this weekend?" I asked, I had been a little out of the loop lately.
"You're coming to my house for spring break,"