Long Weekend

(T's gym outfit!❤️)

Tovah Moretti Kadic Academy ninth grade student

"Are you looking forward to the long weekend?" Odd asked as we walked back to the dorms after class, "any big plans, space girl?" He asked.
"Not particularly," I shrugged. "My parents are so far away so I don't know what I'm gonna do. But it's crazy that we got a long weekend because the school has to be fumigated," I said putting my books in my bag. "What are you going to do this weekend?" I asked.
"my family is going to our beach house," he smiled.
"Is Ulrich going? Did you two make up? Are you having a romantic weekend?" I giggled.
"Yes, very romantic," he winked at me. "But no he and Yumi are going to some Aikido thing,"
So are you and Jeremy going to hang out?" He asked.
"No, he and my uncle are going to some space conference, Aelita is going with them too. I figure I'm gonna hang around the campus and try not to get fumigated, maybe hang out with Jim, who knows," I laughed.
"Why don't you come with me and my family to the beach?" He asked smiling softly. I didn't know what to say, were Odd and I good enough friends to be together that long? Or did I want to be with his family? I thought about it for a few seconds and smiled at Odd, "sure, I could stand to get away, let me go get packed, break the news to Jim," I joked.
I went up to my room and got my things together, I was really excited to go with Odd, I hoped to get to know him better, we had a history I suppose, but really we didn't know each other all that well. Besides doing the whole Lyoko thing together, but that was work really.
"You seem happy," Aelita said as she got her things together. "Have plans?"
"Actually I do," I smiled. "I'm going with Odd to his beach house,"
"Oh, so what do you think Ulrich will say?" She asked. "Odd's beach house? Sounds serious..." she closed her pink suitcase and sat down on her bed.
"I think, that it doesn't really matter what he says about it," I shrugged. "I'm just excited not to have to have to hide in the factory or something,"
"Yeah, I'm excited to go to the space conference with Jeremy and his dad. You could've come if you wanted, I'm sure Jeremy wouldn't mind, I mean he is your cousin after all," she smiled.
"I didn't want to interrupt your big plans," I said as I finished packing, "you and Jeremy deserve some time away," I giggled. "Well Odd said his family would be here in an hour, I just hope that they like me,"
Aelita looked back at me as I pulled my bag on my shoulder, "you could've come with us, I would've liked you to come with us!" She giggled. "You like space, right?" She asked.
"Yes, but not going to an entire space conference, plus you already have a third wheel, my uncle. Anyway, I'll see you next week," I smiled.

An hour came and went and I went downstairs to meet Odd, "hey," I said putting my hands in my shorts pockets.
"My mom called, she said my sisters have the flu and my grandma is staying with them, and  that it's just gonna be my parents and us, is that...okay?" He asked a soft blush on his face.
"I can't say no to a weekend at the beach and not being fumigated," I set my suitcase on the ground and leaned against the wall. "What if your parents don't like me?"
"I'm sure they will," he nodded looking over at him, I wondered what he meant by that. His parent's car pulled up, it was topless and was sleek and red, I guess I should expect something like that from Odd's parents. "New car?" Odd asked. "New friend?" His mother asked. "Yes, I'm Tovah, Tovah Pressman," I said holding my hand out to his mother. "Nice to meet you, thank you for letting me come on the trip," his mother shook my hand and we both got in the back of the car.
"Odd has told us so much about you," his father said. "Dad!" He whined. I looked at Odd and smiled, "really?" I asked. "That's sweet," I said setting my bag at my feet. I chatted with Odd and his parents as we drove towards the beach house.
"So what do your parents do?" Odds mother asked.
"Oh they're doctors in Africa, in the Doctors Without Borders program, I lived in Africa until a couple of months ago, then my parents sent me here to live near my Aunt and Uncle and cousin. The school I went to in Africa closed down, but that's okay, you can get water out of the tap here," I laughed to myself awkwardly. Odds parents smiled at me in the rearview mirror, I had a pit in my stomach that they didn't like me.
After an hour and a half we made it to the house and I grabbed my bag out and followed Odd, "it's gorgeous," I said as I looked at the house, "wow," I smiled. Odd smiled at me as we went to a guest room and set my things down on a bed, we sat down and I looked at him, "so do your parents like me?" I asked. "I'm afraid they won't," I fidgeted with my fingers looking down at my feet. It felt weird being just with Odd, usually, it was me and Odd and someone else, but now it was just us, nowhere to hide.
"They like you plenty cause I like you. Do you want to go to the beach? Take a walk and swim?" He asked standing up. "I'll get changed and meet you out there," I nodded and closed my door and changed into my swimsuit, I slipped on my cover over my suit and went out to the beach and saw Odd in his swim trunks, he looked so handsome. I felt a blush creep up on my face, "Hey," I said as I walked up to him, "nice trunks," I said looking at his purple trunks. "Is everything you own purple?" I asked.
"No, but you wear a lot of blue," he said poking me. "Even your suit on Lyoko is blue," he giggled.
"Yeah, well yours is purple," I pointed out. "So maybe I just like blue,"
"And I just like purple," he retorted.
"Alright," I giggled. "Well, you wanna get in the water?" I asked pulling my shoes off and cover off.
"Yeah let's go," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me forward. I blushed a little as he grabbed my hand, I had blushed a lot so far, I don't know why.
We got in the water and I swam out a bit further and looked back at Odd, "come on," I laughed. "You chicken?"
He swam after me and wrapped his arms around my waist holding me up, "no!" He yelled "caught you," he said. I didn't know if I wanted him to hold me like that, but I decided to let him, it was a vacation, what happened on vacation stayed on vacation, right? I looked down at him as he held me up and put my arms around his shoulders.
"The water is a little cold isn't it?" I asked.
"That's why we should huddle for warmth," I winked at him and pulled away swimming away, I went under the water and swam further away.
Odd swam towards me.