The Journal

Tovah Pressman: Kadic Academy ninth-grade student.

I saw Jeremy and Aelita come out from behind a column and walk quickly towards us, Aelita looked annoyed.
"What are you doing Odd!" Jeremy said with his hands on his hips.
"Are you following us?" I asked. "You haven't changed,"
"What's that supposed to mean!"
"You know." I put my hands in the air annoyed and marched away, leaving Odd behind.

Odd Della Robbia Kadic Academy: ninth-grade student.

"So what did she say?" Ulrich asked as we hung around the soda machines before class. I looked over at Tovah, she sat alone on a bench reading a book, I wanted to go over and talk to her. But everyone would say I was just chasing my tail, as usual. It was a big Rome-no. It was exhausting.
"What?" I asked needing Ulrich to repeat his question.
"Well I got what you needed," Yumi said walking towards them. "We should probably go somewhere more private," she whispered.
"Why?" I asked.
"I got Tovah's diary from her room, I have a way with locks,"
"Yumi!" Aelita shook her head. "No, that's awful, we aren't doing that," she held her hand out. "Give it to me,"
"We'll vote if we want to read it," Ulrich said, agreeing with Yumi.
"I vote no," Aelita said.
"No," I said.
"Yes," Jeremy said.
"I got the diary. I wanna see what it says. I wanna see if we can trust her,"
"Well I'm not sticking around to watch," I said shaking my head. "Come on Aelita," Aelita looked at the group and back at me.
"Yeah," she nodded.
We went to math and sat together, Tovah sat next to Nicholas who ogled at her. It was annoying.
After class Ulrich came up to me, "hey the diary didn't have anything in it," he shrugged.
"Really," I said. "Can you say I was right and you were wrong?"
"I'll hit you,"
"I tried, well how are you gonna get the diary back?"
"I don't know, Yumi was hoping Aelita would put it back?"
"I don't think she'll do that, she was pretty mad about it,"
"Well could you..." he said pulling it out of his bag and handing it to me.
"Are you joking?" I asked.
"She mentions you," he said before quickly walking away, I suppose so I wouldn't have a chance to reject his proposal.
I looked at the leather-bound diary in my hands and opened my bag sliding it in. I couldn't read it. I wouldn't read it.

Ulrich Stern Kadic Academy: ninth Grade Student.

I felt bad, I knew I shouldn't have read the diary. I went to find Yumi and pulled her to the side, "Yumi..." I sighed. "I think we should let Tovah into our group, she helped us when there was a XANA attack," I shrugged.
"I don't know Ulrich, I think you're just feeling bad about reading her journal,"
"What about her helping us? Yumi, come on, you've never even talked to her. Come on, let's go talk to her,"
I grabbed her hand and pulled Yumi behind me to find Tovah. She resisted a bit but soon followed. She trusted me! We wandered the campus and soon found Tovah sitting on a bench reading 'The Little Prince,' I tapped her on the shoulder because she didn't notice us.
"Earth to Tovah?" I asked. She looked up at me a little shocked, probably wondering why I was talking to her, considering we had been giving her the cold shoulder. I looked back at Yumi and shoved her forward, "this is Yumi..." Yumi looked back at me, a little peeved but she'd get over it.
"Hi, nice to meet you," she bit her lip and sat down next to her, I sat on the other side. "So, how are you liking Kadic?" I asked.
"It's...lonely. Did Jeremy ask you to come to talk to me?" She asked. "Because I can talk to Odd if I want to," she stood up putting her book in her satchel. "See you guys later," she said starting to walk away. Yumi looked at me and rolled her eyes.
"Good job, you scared her off. Well, it's getting late, I have to get home. But call me tonight okay?"
I nodded and got up hurrying after Tovah.
"Hey! Wait up,"
"Why?"
"Because,"
"Because what?"
"Because I want to talk to you about what happened."
I bit my tongue, how could I be the one that let it slip? I'm such a dork.
"What happened?" She asked looking at me and folding her arms.
"You know what I mean," I said suddenly determined.
She looked around and let out a soft sigh, "Jeremy is gonna kill you,"

Odd Della Robbia Kadic Academy: Ninth-grade student.

Great. Just fantastic!
I meet a girl I like and I'm going to scare her off by having her journal. It's like-
"Oh hi Odd, good to see you, is that my journal? Never mind don't talk to me!"
I wiggle the doorknob to Aelita and Tovah's room and open it, they should lock their room.
I go in and no one is around, Aelita is probably with Jeremy. Good.
No one is around.
A victimless crime.
I slip the journal under the pillow and then suddenly the door swings open and the light turns on.
I'm so busted.
"Odd?" Ulrich says to me.
"Ulrich?" I ask. What is he doing here?
"Odd?" Tovah asks. What is she doing with Ulrich? "Why are you in my room?"
"Aelita- she forgot her...pencil," I scrambled to grab one off the nightstand and held it up.
"That's my pencil," she said looking confused.
"Why are you in here, in the dark?" Ulrich asked.
"Conserving energy, anyway I have to go,"

LATER

I laid in bed petting kiwi as Ulrich was still in Tovah's room, what could he be doing in there? Earlier in the day, he didn't even want to get to know her. Now they were real pals.
The doorknob twisted open and Ulrich came in, "you still up?" He asked.
"Yeah," I mumbled.
"T is cool, you should hang out with her sometime," he said sitting back on his bed.
T? My nickname for her was T!
"I thought you didn't like her,"
"I never said that,"
"Why'd you read her journal then,"
"To figure out if she remembered Lyoko, but I just asked instead,"
"Did she tell you? Cause she told me!" Oops. I shouldn't have said that.
"Yeah. Well, she told me too!"
"That doesn't mean anything, Ulrich Stern! She only told you cause she was comfortable telling me first!" I got up and grabbed my pajamas and toothbrush.
I walked, or more like stomped down the hall.
"You okay?" Jeremy asked.
"Fine," I replied. "Girl trouble with Ulrich,"
"That girl better not be my cousin,"
"Why you don't care about her,"
"That's- well anyway we didn't find anything out on if she remembered her trip,"
"You know you sure are thick sometimes, why don't you just ask her, Einstein! Plus we could use another set of feet on the ground in Lyoko,"
"So you're saying she does remember,"
"Not in any specific terms, but she trusts me! She's really sweet and funny,"
"My cousin is in the red zone," Jeremy shook his head. "We'll vote if we let her into our gang but that's it,"

We took a vote on it, everyone agreed we could trust her and now we just had to tell her...