WHO ARE YOU

Yumi Ishiyama Kadic Academy Eleventh grade student 

Tovah walked into the wreck room with her cup of hot chocolate grasped in hand; her long dark curly hair flowed down her back, her umbrella was slick with rain, and her mood seemed irritated. I deduced this could be because she was being trailed by none other than Herb. She shook her umbrella off and set it by the door; she came to sit next to me; Herb stood next to her. "Are you planning on being my shadow all day?" She asked slumping back into the couch, "I mean, not if you don't me following you around," he blushed. Tovah rolled her eyes, "Why would I want you to?" She asked, "I thought we were clicking in art class?" He suggested, "When we were partners?" Tovah tilted her head, "I'll go," He turned, his pride seemed wounded, but otherwise, he seemed fine. She sipped her drink, then moved to look at me, Aelita and Jeremy. "What?" She asked. "Don't you think that was a little harsh?" Jeremy question, "You embarrassed him," "What else was I supposed to do?" She asked, "You could have, I don't know, thrown him a bone," Jeremy laughed. "Guys don't work that way, you can't just throw them a bone." I shook my head, I  looked up at the door as Ulrich walked in. "Hey, guys," Ulrich sat on the arm of the couch. "You guys ready for the beach camping trip?" He asked with mock enthusiasm. "I don't get why we're going now, why not in the spring; why do we have to stay in tents as well? Don't we pay tuition at this school?" Tovah laughed, she seemed happy to change the subject. Odd walked in moments later, he pulled off his raincoat, leaving it by the door,  "It is pouring out." He laughed. "Hey...Tov, can I talk to you?" He asked gesturing away from the group, "About art class?" "Everyone and art class today," Tovah huffed standing up. She grabbed her umbrella then they got up to walk outside. "What do you think that was about?" Aelita questioned, "Art class, just a guess." I shrugged. 

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Tenth Grade Student 

"What is this? What about art class?" Odd took my umbrella and held it above the two of us as we walked through the rain. "Shouldn't you be hanging out with that new girl?" I inquired, "Cora? She was just touring the school, her parents took her to look at a different school. I wanted to talk to you about that; I wanted to tell you I was sorry I also wanted to tell you that I should have spent Valentine's day with you..." I stood looking down at my boots as the raindrops splashed from the pavement up to my calves. "I should have told you how I felt instead of just getting upset." I shrugged. Odd handed me the umbrella abruptly, I furrowed my brows at the gesture, he dug around his pockets and pulled out a little cloth bag, he put the bag in my hand and smiled at me. "I know it's late, but I hope that you like it." He proceeded to take the umbrella back from me as I pulled the little bag open; inside was a star necklace on a silver chain. My heart fluttered as I looked at it, "Odd," I smiled, "You're so sweet, I'll erase everything I wrote in my diary about you," I teased. "I'd hope so. So, can I kiss you?" He asked, "I don't see why not," As we kissed, Odd dropped the umbrella on accident, and in the moment of the kiss, while everything seemed to disappear around us, I didn't notice Herb standing there. Once I pulled away from Odd, Herb was there, anger plastered over his expression. "You think you're so hot don't you Della Robbia!" He yelled, "What?" Odd asked out of confusion, "I challenge you to a fight! Tomorrow, this same spot after classes! The winner gets to date Tovah!" He stomped away before Odd could respond, "Odd, you can't fight him." I shook my head, "I'm not going to, plus, I mean, I'm not ready for everyone to know about us." He shrugged. I crossed my arms nodding, "Yeah, me neither, I like this being just between us." I genuinely did like it being just our secret, it made things less complicated, "You have to talk him out of this." I gave him a soft kiss and looked over my shoulder at the wreck room. "Let's not mention this to anyone." He brushed the wet hair out of my face, "We look suspicious, how do we explain this?" I laughed. "Tsunami?"

Later.

I woke up in my childhood home, "again?" I thought as I pushed the covers off my body, "didn't this already happen?" I asked myself as I walked towards the door, I pried the door open and tilted my head as I saw a black shadowy figure standing in the doorway. I began to scream, I jolted awake, I was sleeping on Jeremy's floor, he was shaking me awake. "Hey, you're okay, wake up..." he held his hands on my shoulders supporting my body. "Are you okay?" He asked softly. I nodded, voiceless. "I'm fine," "I thought you slept in here because it was quiet?" "It was just a bad dream, everyone has them," I told him, "yeah, but you've been having them a lot." He let go of my shoulders, he sat on the side of his bed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Is there anything you want to talk about?" He asked. "Not particularly," I replied sharply, I rolled over on the floor and looked through the window. "I'm fine, just go to sleep," I laid on the ground, my mind racing.