Dance Fever part 2

Ulrich Stern Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

"I'm telling you, I've been here all night! How could I have attacked you and been here at the same time?" I asked as Tovah stood in the door. "Very convenient story, I bet Odd was asleep as you snuck out, are you mad at me or something? Wanted to take it out on me? You better hope I don't tell the principal!" She raged. "I don't know what you're talking about!" I protested. Jeremy came down the hall and peeked his head in as Tovah and I went back and forth, "whats going on?" He asked. "Tovah insists I attacked her," I said leaning back to sit on my bed. "Why don't I take T back to her room and we can talk about this in the morning?" He suggested. "Good idea! Maybe she's sleep accusing," I spat.

Jeremy Belpois Kadic Academy ninth grade student

"What's wrong with you? Why are you claiming that he attacked you?" I asked as I sat in Tovah and Aelita's room, "I'm not claiming anything!" She huffed, "I swear, I was getting ready to shower and suddenly I was knocked to the floor by Ulrich. Maybe he's mad that I'm going with Odd to the dance?" She suggested. "He wouldn't hurt you over it, it doesn't make sense," Aelita said as she sat next to Tovah and pat her knee. "Well how do you explain it?" She asked. "I'll check the super scan, I'll come back if there's anything to report, until then, try to get some sleep, maybe you're just tired." We had had a long twenty-four hours. "Fine," she said as I walked out of their room. I went into my room and checked my laptop, nothing to report. I got in my pajamas and got in bed.
The next morning.
"There was nothing on the scan to report," I said as we walked to class, "you might have just dreamt it up, I mean we did get in a car wreck and you have a concussion," I added. "Let's just forget about it," Aelita said. "Tonight is the dance after all. I'm so nervous," she giggled. "Well, I have to head to rehearsal, I won't see you guys until tonight," she smiled and we both wished her luck. "I guess I should just forget about it," she said as we walked to the small coffee shop near Kadic. "Besides why would he do that?"

2 hours till the dance

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

Yumi and I decided to get ready together at her house for the dance, I sat on my knees on a pillow as I gently applied makeup to Yumi's face, "hold still," I giggled. "You can't wiggle around," I said as I brushed the mascara onto her eyelashes. "Its hard when something is so close to your eye," she smiled. "What're you wearing for the dance?" I asked. "Geisha costume, it was my moms," she replied. "I'm excited to look, I don't know, a little girly," she shrugged. "Yumi! I knew there was a girl in there," I jabbed. "What about you?" She asked. "Belle, from beauty and the beast," I laughed. "I thought it would be kinda cute," I shrugged. "I never get to be that dressed up, so I thought it would be fun, the boys should be here now, should we call them?" I asked looking out the window. "I'll call Odd," Yumi said dialing Odd, "he's not answering, I guess we should just head to the party," she said, we got up and got dressed, we took last glances in the mirrors and slid our shoes on and went to the dance.
Aelita smiled and waved at us as we walked towards her, "you guys look great! A princess and a geisha! Taking a break from being space girl?" She laughed. "Yeah, I like the angel costume," I smiled looking around, "oh theres Odd," Aelita pointed out, "he's dressed as a prince," she smiled, "thats so cute!" He walked towards us, "Aelita, can I talk to you?" He asked. She looked at me and shrugged and then walked away with Odd, "is he ignoring me or something?" I asked. Yumi and I went on the dance floor and my phone buzzed, it was Odd, I hit reject.
"Lets just dance, look there's Ulrich. Hey," I smiled. "Hey, have you seen Odd?" He asked. "Or Jeremy?" We shook our heads. "Odd left with Aelita, why?" Yumi said. "Come on, let's just dance," she pulled him over. "I'm gonna go call Odd back, I guess," I walked out and was tackled by a boy, "Get off-" I struggled and kicked him in the chest, he fell back into the bushes. I stood up and dusted myself off and pulled my phone out, "Odd? Where are you?" I asked to his voice-mail. I went back inside, "I was just attacked by something, we need to find Jeremy and Odd, Aelita too," I said crossing my arms. "Come on," we went up to Jeremy's room and he was at his computer. "Why aren't you at the dance?" Ulrich asked. "I'm too busy," he said swiveling around in his chair, "but why don't Yumi and Ulrich head to the factory and me and T will go and get Aelita," Yumi and Ulrich went off to the factory and I looked at Jeremy with a confused look. "So where do you think Aelita is?" I asked suspiciously. "This way," he said as we headed down the stairs. "In there," he pointed toward a room and I looked over at him and he shoved me into a room. "Hey!" I yelled pounding on a door.

Odd Della Robbia Kadic Academy ninth grade student

I woke up in the water in the factory, I looked around as I crawled out of the water and breathed in deep. "XANA..." I groaned. I walked back to school and headed back to my dorm, but as I was going to my room I heard banging in a storage closet. "Tovah?" I asked opening the closet. "Odd?" She asked. "Why are you all wet?" She asked walking out. "I thought you were at the dance?" She asked. "No, I was thrown into the water at the factory," I said shaking my head. "Then whos the other Odd?"

We ran to the factory and saw Aelita, Yumi and Ulrich and other Odd about to be virtualized. "Wait!" I said holding my hands out. "Thats not Odd! I'm Odd! And thats not Aelita!" Aelita and Odd looked at each other and lurched forward and we started fighting, I hit "Odd" square in the chest and he fizzled out, Tovah kicked Aelita and shoved her against the wall, she soon disappeared as well.
"We have to find the real Jeremy and Aelita," Yumi said. "Lets split up,"

Tovah and I searched through the woods and I looked over at her, "you fight well, even in a princess dress," I said as we walked towards a cavern, we looked down into it and saw Aelita unconscious in it. "Well," she looked at me. "I guess he couldn't have made this easy." She unzipped the back of her dress and pulled it off, revealing the slip underneath it, a small thin dress, compared to the massive dress on top. "Lets get in there," we climbed into the pit and Tovah shook Aelita, "wake up," she said sitting her up. "Come on," I picked Aelita up and Tovah helped me get her out of the pit.

We made it back to the tower and we got to lyoko, it was all in rapid succession that we virtualized and then made it to the tower. We were getting faster, it was the stuff on earth that was slowing us down.

Tower deactivated.

"Return to the past now,"

"Do you want to dance?" I asked walking up to Tovah, "sure," I took her hands and we danced across the floor. "This is nice," I smiled. "And we have next week off, what are you doing?" I asked. "I don't know yet, you?" She replied. "Ulrich and I are going to soccer camp," I shrugged. "So, what do you think?" I asked. "About what?" She asked. "About us," she bit her lip, "it's a nice thought, but it can't, it won't work out, there's too much against us," she shrugged. My heart sank as she spoke. "I'm sorry, its just...this can't work. So why don't we just keep being friends," she smiled. "But you can still be my date tonight," she smiled leaning her head on my shoulder as we danced. I felt sad and defeated, I was gonna be gone for a week, what could I do besides think about her. Nothing was gonna be okay, this was practically a rejection.
"Care to dance, Odd?" Yumi giggled. Ulrich and Tovah danced and I danced with Yumi, "whats wrong?" She asked, "I think Tovah just dumped me,"