WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE

(I just realized hilariously that both of the outfits that I have drawn T for her normal school outfits, the sweater vest and the original collared sweater both look so much like Herb's outfits, his first and second ones, I still really like them though so I'm not gonna change them, she and Herb just have a really good fashion sense that's all.) 

Aelita Stones Kadic Academy Ninth-grade student 

I sat up straight as a board in bed, it was two in the morning, and something had woken me up from my finally peaceful slumber, a cry out for help. I slid out of my bed and went over to Tovah's bed shaking her awake. "Wake up!" I pleaded.
"It's okay," I assured a sleeping Tovah, once I pulled my hands away she sat up looking at me.
"Is it morning?" she asked.
"Did I oversleep?" she sat up rubbing her eyes a confused look on her face. "No, it's still nighttime, you were yelling something in your sleep." I patted her back pulling my knees up to my chin I sat at the end of her bed, "What was it?" I asked softly, "It was just a nightmare, I can't remember," she replied unconvincingly, "Really?" I questioned, "You know that you can tell me what's wrong, I'm your best friend," I coaxed, "Really it's nothing, I'm fine," she pushed me away and I got up, a little confused about what could be happening in her head. "Alright," I shook my head frustrated by the fact I couldn't help my roommate and best friend, and went and got back into bed. I thought about what it could be that was bothering her, was I supposed to already know what was wrong, or was she not going to tell me? 

THE CAFETERIA 

When I woke up Tovah was gone already, typically she would wake me up in the morning, so I almost overslept. I got up and went about my day, as usual, getting dressed and heading to breakfast, but I was exhausted when I got there, so I laid my head on the table, tired from the night before, "what's wrong?" Odd asked sitting down with his tray, "Just tired, I didn't get much sleep last night," I sighed, "why not?" He interrogated. "Just couldn't sleep," I avoided the truth so as to not air out Tovah's troubles, "maybe you should try talking to someone," he suggested. "Maybe," I looked up as Tovah walked in with Jeremy, they both seemed in a pleasant mood even on this early morning. "You two seem in a good mood," Odd smiled leaning back in his chair, "Oh yeah, I slept great last night," Tovah shrugged, I squinted at her and thought for a moment how she could have possibly slept great after that, "Really?" I questioned sitting up straight in my chair, "Where did you go so early this morning?" I inquired, "I just went for a walk," she gave a slight motion for me to leave it. I finished my breakfast and headed to french, I sat next to Ulrich as usual who tried to scan my paper for answers to which I replied that he probably shouldn't cheat off of me as I didn't know what I was doing. He sighed and went back to his paper, I looked up at where Tovah usually sat right at the front next to Odd, but she was nowhere to be seen. What could be the reason she was missing class?  When class ended Odd came up to me holding a folded piece of paper, he smiled and handed it to me, "I didn't know that your birthday was coming up, or that you were having a party," I took the paper and opened it abruptly, "What party?" I asked, "Who gave this to you?" I tilted my head looking up at Odd, "Oh Tovah did, was I not supposed to tell you?" He asked quietly, "Oh, I don't know, why wasn't she in class?" I questioned, "I have no idea, we haven't spoken much today." He shrugged his shoulders confirming he had no clue. I went down the hall and bumped into Jeremy who had left class early to go to the library, "Hey, have you heard about this?" I held up the invitation for my birthday party and he took it smiling, "Yeah, I helped make the invitations," He waved it in front of my face. "I mean you did say that we needed to make more effort in our relationship, well friendship..." he explained flustered. "I suppose, but where is she, you saw her this morning-" He cut me off and put his hand on my shoulder, I pulled away and looked at the invitation, "Well, I need to go find T and get more details, this all a bit of a surprise." I started up the path and pulled my phone out dialing Tovah, it rang and rang and finally she answered, "Hey, I have been trying to find you, where are you?" I inquired, "Oh I was at the factory," she answered. "Oh well, I saw that the invitation said that the party for my birthday is tonight," I cross-examined, "Yes, it'll be tonight. I'll see you after dinner."