Double date

(The photo on the top is Tovah's everyday school outfit! In the next chapter I included her Lyoko outfit💕)

Odd Della Robbia Kadic Academy: Ninth grade student

"Oh Odd I'm so happy that you asked me to the dance," Meg said pulling me towards the lunch hall, I let her pull me because I was just letting Meg do what she wanted at this point. I wanted to be with Tovah, but I couldn't be with her, she was with Ulrich and she seemed happy with him. But I wanted to seem happy with Meg, she was definitely happy with me. We went into the cafeteria and I went to sit down after I got my food and Meg followed me like a lost puppy.
"Hey Odd," Aelita said, "and Meg," she tapped her fingers on the table and looked at the both of us, "yeah, Meg is my girlfriend now,"
"Yes, I'm his girlfriend now, we're in love," she said squeezing my arm. I looked over at her, confused. When did anyone mention love? Not me.
"That's nice," Aelita said looking up as Jeremy, Ulrich, Yumi, and Tovah came to the table. Thank goodness.
"Hey guys," I said sipping my juice.
"Hey Meg who's never sat with us before," Yumi said. "When did that happen?"
"On the camping trip," I shrugged.

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy: Ninth Grade Student

Luckily Meg didn't have any class with us, but I sat next to Odd in science, I passed him a note that said "are you okay?" He looked at the note and didn't write anything back to me. Typical.
I looked down at the extra credit crossword I was working on and filled in the answers, "can we just talk?" I whispered.
"About what?" He asked.
"You're so immature," I rolled my eyes, I raised my hand, "I finished my crossword can I be excused?" I got up and walked out looking behind me to see Ulrich follow me out after he made an excuse.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm just..." I shrugged. "Do you want to go to town?" I asked.
"To town? Why?"
"We don't have any classes for the rest of the day, I figure we can get shopping for the dance done,"
"Alright," Ulrich grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly, I hadn't gotten used to that yet. I had never had a boyfriend before so this was still weird.
"You're so pretty," Ulrich smiled.
"Thanks," I blushed.
"Thanks?" He giggled.
"Are you sure you want to go shopping? We could go up to my room and hang out," Ulrich wrapped his arm around my waist and tickled me.
"You're such a dork. Maybe later, but we need to go to the store,"
We walked hand and hand to a little boutique and saw Yumi and William picking out bow ties.
"Are you guys going to the dance together?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's gonna be totally cool," William said. Yumi blushed as William spoke. "That's really cool, you should come on this group date we're having tonight," I said to Yumi. "We're going to this pizza place, it'll be fun,"
"Yeah! We'll be there, what time?" William asked. Ulrich stared daggers into William as he stood there with Yumi, I was a little jealous of the way he looked at Yumi. But I guess it's the way I look at Odd with Meg...
"Six," I said. "I'll text you the details,"
Ulrich and I went and got his bow tie and then got ice cream cones. It was all picture-perfect, except for the way Ulrich talked about William, and looked at Yumi.
"William, he's no good for Yumi. She needs someone nice, not a total jerk like him," I was in disbelief, but I was also a little spaced out too.
"Yeah..." I replied meekly.
"Sorry, we can talk about something else,"

Aelita Stones Kadic Academy: ninth grade student
I laid on my bed flipping through a book when Tovah flew into the room like a tornado.
"Geez, is everything okay?" I asked.
"I guess, I mean...no? I mean...it should be! I have the perfect most attentive boyfriend in the world, but I think he likes Yumi. Or at least doesn't like that Yumi is with William," she sat back on her bed. "To make things worse, they're coming on our double, now triple date tonight. I thought it would ease the tension, you know, make me not want to claw out Meg's eyes, but Ulrich is going to want to kill William!"
I closed my book and tried to think of a solution. "You could fake being sick."
"Then we'd just reschedule it."
"Maybe Jeremy and I could go as a buffer?"
"That would be great!"
"As long as no one throws anything at me," I giggled.
"Well we should get ready it's in an hour," she opened the closet and pulled out some outfits. "What says, 'casual but dressy'?" I scanned the outfits and pointed at a pair of shorts and a red and white button-up shirt with a collar.
"How about me?" I asked.
"That pink polka dot dress is cute," she said. "You own a lot of pinks," she pointed out.
"It's my signature," I shrugged. I texted Jeremy informing him about the date, we weren't really "official" so he was a little shocked but willing.
"So do you think it will be awkward?" She asked.
"Hopefully not," I said as we walked to the gate where we were meeting. Everyone was there and pretty dressed up as compared to normal, and Meg had brought a camera and was snapping pictures.
"Oh my gosh! I could die, Odd you look so freaking handsome! Ooh! I wanna eat you up! Tovah isn't he so cute!" She cooed.
"Totally, but not as so totally cute as Ulrich." She said mocking Meg, I nudged her. She looked at me, rolling her eyes. She was totally losing it. Hopefully, Jeremy and I could steady the ship.
"Nice evening, isn't it Ulrich?" Jeremy asked.
"Totally," Ulrich said quickly.
"Yep, super-nice," Yumi said looking over at Ulrich as we came to the pizza place. At least we would all be sitting now.

Ulrich Stern Kadic Academy: Ninth grade student
(Earlier)
"You're unbelievable! That's blackmail!" I couldn't believe it, it was my worst nightmare come true, Sissi was blackmailing me.
"I think it's just being a good saleswoman," she said pulling out a mirror checking her lipstick in it.
"But I guess you can decide! Either you break up with Einstein's cousin and take me to the dance or I put all your secrets in the Kadic news. You see Ulrich dear! This all pains me, but you've left me no choice," she pouted fakely, "plus, why do you even like that girl? She's...short. Don't even get me started on her hair," she went on.
"You're awful," I shook my head. "Fine. I'll do it," I looked down at the pavement, "but don't expect anything from me," I walked away to go get ready for my last date with T, to go break up with her.

"Hey," T whispered to me at the table as we sat down, "you seem in a weird mood," she squeezed my hand as I usually did to her. I looked her over, admiring her, the way her eyes sparkled, how her hair was brown with a bit of gray here and there.
"I'm...I'm fine," I shrugged.
"You don't seem it, you've been short with me all night,"
"No, I haven't,"
"You so have,"
"This is so fun," Meg interjected.
"So fun," Yumi said rolling her eyes smiling at Odd.
"Yumi, could you pass the-" Meg then knocked her drink into Yumi's lap, seemingly on purpose. "Oops," she smirked.
"What-" Yumi stood you swiping ice out of her lap. "Why did you do that?"
Tovah got up handing her napkins trying to clean up the mess, "here let me help you," she said but Yumi flinched away.
"Because you've been smiling at my boyfriend all night!" Meg said.
"Should we get breadsticks?" Aelita asked abruptly.
"I think we should," Odd said.
Tovah sat back in her chair and looked over at me, "I think I'm going to go to the ladies room, I'll be right back," she stormed off. Tovah and Aelita followed after her, Meg stormed out of the restaurant. Odd stayed seated.
"You should probably follow her," I said to Odd.
"Why?" He asked exasperated.
"Cause she's your girlfriend, that's why,"
"But..." he got up and dragged himself outside. He came back a couple of minutes later. "She'll come back if Yumi stops flirting with me..." he said sighing. "She's so dramatic! Girls right?"
"No, not girls, just yours," William said.

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy: Ninth grade student

"I don't know why she did that," I said following Yumi into the bathroom, I got some paper towels and went to hand them to Yumi.
"Stop, you and I may be playing for the same team. But we aren't friends," Yumi said snapping at me. I looked at Aelita and then at Yumi, I didn't know what I had done to hurt her, I thought we were friends.
"Yumi...I don't understand," I started.
"Our group was just fine before you came along and mixed things up, why don't you just leave us alone,"
I guess I had gotten the picture, I felt that I was unwanted.
"Alright, fine, I'll leave. Thanks, Yumi," I grabbed my purse and started to walk home, so much for a double date.

On my walk home I saw Sissi and she called after me, "so, how are you taking it?" She asked.
"Taking?" I crossed my arms in the cold. "Taking what?"
"The breakup, I assume that's why your walking home in a nice...well somewhat nice outfit alone,"
"Break up? What breakup?"
"Well, Ulrich told me he was gonna break up with you. He was just going on and on about it...he said about how you were annoying and something about how you were dumb and not as pretty as others..."
"Well, I guess that makes a perfect end to tonight," I shoved my hands deep in my pockets and started walking faster home.
I got back to my room and got in my bed and cried myself to sleep, I was so distraught. Why didn't Ulrich tell me himself?