THE LAMB

Ulrich Stern Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

"She really had a bone to pick with me," I told Aelita as we ran back to the factory, Aelita looked over at me with an expression of concern plastered over her face, "you're bleeding," she pointed out. "It's just blood, it could have been much worse if you hadn't shown up," I smiled. "So where were you?" I questioned. "Lyoko, being a snack for a squid," she explained. "Oh, fun," we slid down the ropes and ran to the elevator, "hopefully this nightmare is ov-" I turned around to see Tovah opening the elevator door with her bare hands, "thought we were done huh?" She smiled as she grabbed Aelita by the hoodie and dragged her out. Aelita dropped the golf club and dragged her feet trying to get a grip on the cement, "Ulrich!" She gasped. I picked the golf club off the ground and swung it at the back of Tovah's head but sadly, missed. I hit the air and Tovah dropped Aelita on the ground and turned holding her hand up in the air and generating a ball of lightning aiming for me, Aelita stood up tackling me, and just as she did the lightning ball barely missed me, instead of hitting the panel of the elevator. "Nice shot," I said as I helped Aelita up, "this way," I dragged her down the stairs to the boiler room. "She's just going to keep following us, why does it want T anyway?" I asked.

Yumi Ishiyama Kadic Academy Tenth grade student

"Um, Jeremy should we be concerned, there is a tornado-looking thing heading towards us," Odd pointed out. "Thats never happened before! Can you get closer?" He asked. "Not if we want to find Tovah," I pointed out. "Okay, um, well get out of there then!" We started in the other direction trying not to get swept up by the tornado, but then we heard a voice, "Help!" It yelled, I turned pulling my fan out and bracing myself. "It's going to get bumpy," I added.
The tornado suddenly stopped and disappeared from the sector, I hopped off of the overwing and walked forward to where it had been. "It's gone?" Odd asked walking up behind me. "It's not on my screen anymore, and neither is Tovah," he added. "I should bring you guys in... we need to figure this out," he sighed.
We went into the scanners and hurried up to Jeremy, "we lost her?" I asked. "I-I don't know," I bit my lip, "she can't be lost, she's on lyoko, just somewhere we can't see,"

Aelita Stones Kadic Academy Ninth-grade student

We climbed the ladder up to the supercomputer, evil twin Tovah had disappeared, "well, she's gone, I don't know where but...did someone die?" Ulrich asked. "We lost Tovah." Odd bit his lip. "Like she fell into the digital sea?" He asked. "Possibly," Yumi slid down the wall.

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Ninth grade student

"Set the table, it's time for dinner," my mother demanded slamming fine China down on the counter, I had been dragged back into this hellscape by force and now I was just supposed to smile and behave. I took the heavy stack of plates and walked to the table laying them out, "faster, dinner is ready," my father snapped. I sighed laying the forks out, "yes, father," my mother ran her fingers through my hair and wrapped her finger around a gray streak, "you know, I think you might learn to like it here, we could be a happy family you always wanted." During dinner we ate in silence, everything tasted bitter and salty. After dinner my mother sat on the couch and patted the seat next to her motioning for me to join her, I sat down and she pulled me to lay my head in her lap, "do you remember, at night I would read to you? I would tell you a grand story and you would tucker out at the sound of me reading a sweet story. I thought to get you more comfortable we could do that," she pulled a book out and flipped through the very familiar book, I was somewhat comfortable listening to the story I had heard a million times until I really listened to the story. My "mother" really dug her heels into the story, she punched every word and every syllable making my stomach twist anxiously.

"A leg of lamb."

All right then, they would have lamb for supper. She carried it upstairs, holding the thin bone end of it with both her hands, and as she went through the living room, she saw him standing over by the window with his back to her, and she stopped.