BEACH PLEASE

(I'm back! Did ya' miss me ladies?)

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Tenth-grade student

"Everyone stay in your seat. It seems like one of our tires popped." I exhaled, I was always on edge of XANA attacks.
"It's okay, the computer doesn't register anything, I just checked," Jeremy said from the seat behind us.
"It's okay, T, I thought that something bad was going to happen too,"
"I guess I just figured XANA would do something. He's got all of us trapped on the bus. I thought he was going to possess Jim or run us off the road." I explained.
"Just relax, don't worry." Ulrich took my hand, patting the top of it.
"We always have to worry. Something bad always happens." I said, sinking back down into my seat.
I looked over at Katie, who gave me a wicked grin, I couldn't even say anything to Yumi because she was on another bus. I didn't want to tell Jeremy or Ulrich. They would just freak out.
"I feel good about this trip," Jeremy explained. "The super scan has been super quiet!"
I rolled my eyes at his dorky pun, but I also appreciated it. It made me laugh.
"You're right," I sighed. "I should just relax," I stretched my arms out.
"Good, now that you're sorted out, I have a book that I'm going to read," Jeremy said as he unzipped his bag, pulling a thick book out and his headphones.
I looked over at Katie again, but this time, she wasn't looking at me, I felt my stomach turn. How was I ever going to enjoy this trip?
"You okay?" Ulrich asked after a few silent minutes.
"Why?" I asked.
"You've been staring down the aisle."
"Just seeing who else is on the bus."
"You can tell me what's up. You've been acting weird since swim class."
"No, I have not." I shook my head. "Also, it's none of your business."
"Is it none of my business, or is nothing going on?" He smirked.
"Both!" I snapped.
"Tovah, it's not a big deal, we're friends, you can tell me anything." He said.
"It is a big deal because I'm embarrassed that this is even happening." I huffed. "And the fact Yumi even knows."
"You'll tell Yumi but not me?"
"Yumi is a girl. It's different." I laughed nervously.
"How?" He asked.
"She gets it," I told him.
"Well..." he paused. "I could too if you just told me."
The bus stopped, just in time.
"Alright, here's our first stop, we're staying here for the night. Find your room keys and your roommate for your sleeping arrangements." Jim announced.
"A roommate besides Aelita, what an odd turn of events. How am I gonna sleep?" I laughed, looking at Jeremy as I spoke. 
"I know I don't think I'll be able to sleep without your night terrors," Aelita said, nudging me.
I picked up the envelope with my name on it, I looked over at Katie, praying she wasn't my roommate for the night. Luckily, not.
"We're gonna have the best time!" Sissi said as she ran up to me.
"Oh, isn't this exciting," I smiled, my heart always fluttered a little when Sissi gave me special attention, I didn't have an outright crush on Sissi, I just thought she was neat.
I mean, she was.
I think my little sixteen-year-old brain was just going haywire from being around so many people when all my childhood I didn't see other people my age.

We got into our room, and Sissi looked over at me.
"Everyone is hanging out in the common room. Come on Tov, it's time to party!" She said, twirling in a circle.
"I wouldn't call hanging out in a hotel common room a party." I laughed.
"Well, come on, the adults aren't gonna be there. They said we could all hang out by ourselves as long as we 'behaved'."
"Alright," I laughed, following her out of our room. "I'm sure it will be fun."

Odd Della Robbia Kadic Academy Tenth-grade student

"Hey T," I scooted over, making room for her to sit next to me, Aelita, Jeremy, and Ulrich were all sitting at a table in the corner of the common room.
"Hey guys," Sissi said, sitting with us as well.
"You guys excited for the beach tomorrow?" She asked.
"Totally," Ulrich nodded, looking over at Tovah.
Tovah looked over her shoulder at Katie, who waved at her, probably just being nice. I mean she was my girlfriend, that's why I liked her, she was nice.
After she waved at Tovah, she walked over, pulling up a seat across from me and T.
"Tovah! Just the girl I wanted to see," Katie said, looking at me and then Tovah.
"I guess you didn't pay attention to our talk." She laid a book on the table in front of her.
Tovah's face got tense as she did this.
"Katie, don't." Tovah quietly said.
"What's going on?" Aelita asked.
"Tovah isn't the person you thought she was," she opened the book, I got a bad feeling and snatched it out of her hand. "Katie, whatever this is, it's too much." I tucked the book under my arm. "You've been so weird, Tovah is just my friend if you're going to act like -"
"Odd, why are you defending her? I'm your girlfriend, not her!" Katie said in a huff, crossing her arms. She stood up looming over the table. It was like a dark cloud fell over the table with her bad attitude. She quickly whipped around and looked at me, moving her hands on her hips, and stared straight at me. "You have to choose, it's either me or her!" Katie stomped her foot like a child.
"You're being ridiculous," I sighed, feeling embarrassed by her.
"Well," she looked over at Tovah. "Tovah's dad used to hit her!" She probably thought that would make us turn on Tovah, but Katie just seemed...deranged.
Tovah got up and walked away, and Sissi and Aelita followed after her.
"Why don't you just walk away and stop embarrassing yourself," Yumi glared at her.
"Whatever, come on Odd." Katie turned around and looked at me.
"No, I'm not coming with you. We're done." I told her, my voice stern.
"Fine," she laughed hysterically and walked away.

Aelita Stones Kadic Academy Tenth-grade student

"Tovah?" I walked after her. "I'm sorry that happened, that was..."
"Messed up," Sissi said abruptly.
"Yeah, pretty much," I said, patting her shoulder. "I'm so sorry,"
"It's just crazy she thinks that's good ammunition, that it would make you guys hate me." She crossed her arms. "I mean, it's disgusting. I need to burn my diary." She somewhat laughed. "I mean, I'm just going to ignore her." She crossed her arms, looking over at the table.
The next day, we got on the bus to finish our drive to the beach.
"That wasn't cool," I said once I sat next to Odd on the bus.
"I know," he said. "I broke up with Katie,"
"Good, you need to give T her diary back," I said, looking at him.

Odd Della Robbia Kadic Academy Tenth-grade student

When we got to the beach, I had my bag on my shoulder as I walked across the beach towards Tovah. I gripped my bag strap tightly as I knew I had to talk to Tovah.
I saw her talking to Yumi on the shore, the water nipping at their ankles. They were gabbing back and forth, not paying attention to me walking towards them.
"Hey, Tovah, can I talk to you?" I asked, moving my hand on her shoulder. She turned, looking at me, not an ounce of anger in her features.
"Yeah, what's up?" She questioned as the tide swept under our feet.
"Um, I have this for you." I pulled her diary out of my bag and handed it to her, our hands briefly touching.
"Thanks," she smiled, putting it in her bag. "I don't blame you, you know." She said after Yumi walked away towards Ulrich.
"You don't?" I questioned, rubbing the back of my neck.
"You didn't know that she would do that. Just you know, maybe vet your next girlfriend a little harder next time."
"It was just to make you jealous," I blurted.
"Why?"
"You kept brushing me off, I wanted to show you that I could be with someone else."
"Why would that make me jealous?" She asked skepticism in her voice.
"I mean... you did act kind of jealous."
"How come all of your girlfriends are crazy?" She laughed.
"Cause I'm stupid."
"Well, stop." She shrugged. "Quit getting with girls because you're bored, if you want to be with me...put in the effort."
"Okay, I will." I nodded. "I just keep doing the wrong thing,"
"I can't be with you until you give all this up. Dating isn't a game."

Tovah Pressman Kadic Academy Tenth-grade student

Later that night, we were making s'mores, Katie was staring deep into my soul as I sat chatting with my friends.
I stood up, walking over to Katie standing next to her.
"Can we talk?" I asked, and she followed behind me until we were standing by ourselves.
"Good try," I told her.
"What?" She questioned.
"Good try at trying to bother me and ruin my relationship with my friends. My friends love me. They wouldn't stop being friends with me because you tried to "expose" me," I told her. "The only thing that you did is make yourself look dumb." I shrugged.
"You ruined my chance with Odd," she snarled.
"No, you didn't actually have a chance with Odd. So... leave me alone." I told her, no hostility in my voice, I was just serious.
"Fine," she walked away, taking her seat back around the fire.
I sat next to Jeremy in the sand, pulling my knees on my chest and leaning my head on my knees.
"Isn't it nice to actually be chilling for once?" I asked.
"It is," he nodded.
"It's actually been quiet," I smiled.
"Maybe XANA is on vacation too," Ulrich laughed.
"I don't think he's on vacation, I think he's just planning something." Jeremy said in a serious tone.
"You can't ever just relax, huh?" I laughed, taking a bite of my s'more.

We got a full day at the beach the next day and spent the day swimming and goofing around. It felt nice to be a normal teenager, that all of us could be normal teens.
No XANA, just fun.

The next day, we got on the bus to go home. You know that exhausted feeling after swimming and getting hit by the waves where you feel like you're still being rocked back and forth. I sat next to Odd on the bus ride back, I fell asleep on accident on his shoulder as the bus moved, lulling me to sleep. I woke up when he shook me awake to get off the bus.
"Morning sleeping beauty," he teased.
"I didn't mean to fall asleep," I yawned.
"Guess you needed it." He smiled warmly at me, I felt at ease knowing everything was okay again.