(twenty eight.)

ELLIE was in the great hall gathering her stuff to get to her first class

ELLIE was in the great hall gathering her stuff to get to her first class. She wanted to get to class early because she wanted to see how Professor Lupin taught.
As she knocked on the door she looked around for a second.
"Come in!" A voice shot.
Ellie quickly walked in and saw her professor.
"Oh Hello, you're here early. Miss?" Professor Lupin questioned.
"Smith. Ellie Smith." Ellie replied.
He looked at her with an impressed expression.
"Are you Benjamin Smith's daughter?" Lupin asked.
"Yes, did you know him?" Ellie asked.
"Well I didn't  know him very well but he was a bit older. He was an amazing Prefect for Gryffindor if I do say." Lupin explained. Then he grabbed something out of his bag.
It was a chocolate bar.
"Here. For being early." Lupin exclaimed. Ellie smiled at him.
"No thank you." She replied.
"No I insist." Lupin exclaimed.
Ellie took it and went for a seat and took out her book and started reading.
Lupin smiled at the girl for a moment and then started planning for the lesson for the day.
The class started filling in minute by minute. Ellie felt a tap on her shoulder.
"Hey earlybird." Jane spoke as she sat next to her.
"Hey." Ellie replied. Then she quickly closed her book.
"So how long have you been here?" Jane asked.
"I have no idea." Ellie admitted with a smile.
"Of course you don't. You were so into that book that you didn't realize I almost went through your bag." Jane exclaimed.
Ellie gave her a glare.
"Kidding." Jane spoke.
Lupin quickly walked up towards the two girls.
"Would you two mind if I borrow Miss. Smith for a moment?" Lupin asked.
"No not at all." Jane spoke.
"Okay then. You young lady you are in charge." He pointed towards Jane.
"Got it." Jane replied, and started eyeing everyone like a hawk.
"Is there anything I need to do?" Ellie asked.
"Yes, I need to pick something up in Snape's classroom and I need an extra hand." Lupin exclaimed.
"Oh okay what is it?" Ellie questioned.
"A boggart. It's in a box right now but I need to put it in a cabinet." Professor Lupin exclaimed.
Ellie just nodded.  She never knew what her boggart would be. She never really knew what she was afraid of. Yes she did get scared of things, but she didn't know what it would turn into.
As Lupin approached Snape's door he stopped for a second.
"Is Severus still grouchy as always?" He questioned.
"Well I can't say that." She paused for a moment. "Yes." She advised.
Lupin chuckled and then knocked on the door.
Snape quickly opened the door and saw Ellie and Lupin. He quickly glared at them.
"Yes." Snape spoke, with his lips curled.
"Good morning Severus. Could we come in?" Lupin asked.
"For?" Snape questioned. Ellie just gave him a look.
"The boggart." Lupin spoke.
"Why would you need that?" Snape asked.
"Could we just get the boggart and go." Lupin exclaimed.
"Fine." Snape shot. Then he looked at Ellie. "Don't drop it Ms.Smith." Snape spoke.
Ellie just gave him a fake smile.
Fred and George were looking at them from across the room. Fred was staring at Ellie, while George was staring at the both of them.
"Here it is! Now Ellie you can hold it from this end so you don't have to walk backwards." Lupin explained.
Ellie nodded and grabbed the end.
The box shook for a moment and then the two started leaving the room.
"Professor Lupin." Ellie spoke.
It was too late he bumped into Snape. He dropped the box and Ellie quickly caught it.
Lupin got up and walked with Ellie and they left the room.
"I did that on purpose." Lupin whispered, which caused Ellie to chuckle.
() () ()
FRED was looking out the door and watched Ellie leave. George quickly poked him.
"Mr. Weasley." Snape spoke.
"Yes professor." Fred spoke.
"Pay attention. Two points from Gryffindor." Snape shot.
Fred rolled his eyes and started writing down his stuff on his parchment.
"So were you staring at Ellie or were you looking at the new professor?" George asked.
"The new professor." Fred quickly shot and got back to his notes.
George quickly rolled his eyes at him.
"Yeah sure." George spoke. Then looked at his paper. "Ugh! My handwriting sucks, I guess Angelina was right for once." George exclaimed.
George looked at Fred's paper.
"Woah yours is worse." George exclaimed.
"Shut up." Fred shot, and started to scribble the notes down quickly.
"Ow!" Lee shot across the classroom. Snape quickly glared at him.
"What is wrong Mr.Jordan?" Snape asked.
"Oh I- I just poked myself with my quill." Lee exclaimed.
Snape gave him a look of disgust and gave him a glare.
"I doubt you need to go to the infirmary so just deal with it." Snape shot, then got back to his lesson.
"What's his problem?" George queried.
"No idea." Fred exclaimed.
() () ()
"ELLIE!" Daphne shouted, as she ran towards her, getting attention from many people.
"Hi, was there a reason you had to tell my name out or did you just decide to embarrass us for no reason?" Ellie queried.
Daphne rolled her eyes at her.
"We have a class to get too." Daphne spoke.
"Oh yeah Arithmancy." Ellie exclaimed.
"Come on let's go we need to meet up with Blaise." Daphne exclaimed.
The two girls started heading towards their class but they bumped into Chase.
"Ew." Daphne shot.
"Well same to you!" Chase replied. Daphne glared at him and he almost jumped. He looked over at Ellie. "Good luck in your class." He exclaimed. Then he looked back at Daphne. "I hope you fail." Chase exclaimed.
"Same to you." Daphne replied with a smile.
Chase smiled at her and quickly left.
"You guys are friendly." Ellie spoke.
"How could you tell?" Daphne asked, sarcastically.
The girls laughed and quickly went to go find Blaise.
Who was airing outside the door for them.
"Bad news." Blaise spoke to Ellie.
"What is it?" Ellie asked.
"Theo's in this class." Blaise exclaimed.
"Oh. Well he's also in a few of my other classes." Ellie spoke.
"You don't care?" Daphne asked.
"No, come on we're going to be late." Ellie shot, and she walked in the class quickly followed by Blaise and Daphne.
Ellie sat down to the closest table she could find while Daphne sat on her left and Blaise sat on her right. Blaise quickly leaned into Ellie.
"He won't stop asking how you are." Blaise whispered.
"What have you told him?" Ellie asked in a whisper, as the teacher was introducing herself.
"I end up glaring at him and he changes the subject."  Blaise exclaimed.
"If he's your friend how is he scared of you?" Ellie asked.
"I'm very intimidating." Blaise whispered.
Ellie just rolled her eyes and started writing down her notes. She accidentally looked over at Theo who was currently staring at her. She sighed and quickly got back to writing her notes.
"Is she ignoring him?" Daphne asked. Blaise shrugged and looked at Ellie.
"I think she's in a zone." Blaise spoke, then he put his hand in front of her face.
She just rolled her eyes and got back to her notes.
Daphne quickly started doodling on her parchment. Before Ellie knew it she finished taking her notes and class finished.
"Ellie what's going on with you?" Daphne asked.
"What?" Ellie questioned.
"You were in the zone. I mean me and Blaise would put our hands in front of your face and you kept on taking notes." Daphne exclaimed.
"It's kind of concerning." Blaise spoke.
"Well I always work like that." Ellie exclaimed.
Daphne just smiled at her.
"Can I have your notes?" Daphne asked.
"You didn't take notes?" Ellie queried.
"Your handwriting is so neat and pretty. So I figured if I copied it I'd end up studying more." Daphne exclaimed.
"Fine. I'll give you them later, I have to meet with Jane and Chase before lunch anyway." Ellie spoke.
"Oh okay, we'll see you later." Daphne spoke, then her and Blaise left.
Ellie walked near the Divination room and saw Hermione Granger. Who she could have sworn she saw in Arithmancy. Ellie shrugged and walked towards the door where Chase and Jane were.
"Ellie hey." Jane spoke.
"Hey, how was the class?" Ellie asked.
"Stupid." Jane exclaimed.
"I kind of liked it." Chase spoke.
Jane rolled her eyes and the three started heading to the great hall.
"Guess who I saw talking to each other." Jane spoke.
"Who?" Ellie asked.
"Brandon and Lee Jordan." Jane said, then she opened the door.
"How is that shocking? I mean they're both Prefects." Ellie exclaimed.
"So, it's still weird seeing them communicate." Jane spoke, then quickly sat down.
"I think it's cool." Chase said, grabbing a sandwich.
"Hey, take food at your own table!" Jane shot.
Ellie rolled her eyes at the two.
"Ellie, you don't mind do you?" Chase asked.
"I really don't care." Ellie spoke, and she grabbed a goblet of water. Chase smiled and then looked at her.
"Are you going to eat anything?" Chase questioned.
"No, I'm not really hungry." Ellie exclaimed. Chase nodded and then took another bite of his sandwich.
Ellie looked at Jane and noticed her staring at Michael Corner.
"You should probably tell him." Ellie told her.
Jane looked at her for a moment and frowned.
"It'd be too awkward." Jane exclaimed.
"I doubt it would." Ellie spoke.
Jane just grabbed a roll and ate it.
"Yes it would." Jane muttered.
Ellie rolled her eyes and started reading over her notes and added some bonus side notes. She accidentally glanced over at the Gryffindor table and saw Fred and George Weasley arguing.
() () ()
FRED was in the Gryffindor common room when George quickly ran in.
"Fred!" George shot.
"Hey." Fred spoke.
George quickly sat down next to him.
"Remember how we talked about opening a joke shop?" George asked.
"Yeah." Fred replied.
"Well I have the perfect name. Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes!" George exclaimed.
"That sounds good! But how about instead of wizarding we do Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes." Fred replied.
"I like how you think Fred." George spoke, then he sat on the couch. He thought for a moment.
"What was in that letter?" George asked.
Fred looked up at him.
"George it was just a stupid letter." Fred exclaimed.
"I don't know, I feel like you're lying to me." George replied.
"I'm not. Trust me it's nothing important." Fred spoke, not looking at George.
"You're lying Fred." George exclaimed.
"Okay fine. It's someone telling their feelings to someone." Fred spoke.
"Did you write it?" George asked.
"No! It's just I found it on the ground the other day and I didn't recognize the handwriting." Fred exclaimed.
"Oh. Well do you still have it?" George questioned.
"Yeah, I think it's in my pocket." Fred advised.
"Why is it in your pocket?" George asked.
"I was too lazy to throw it out." Fred spoke. George chuckled.
"Okay, well I don't think I need to see it anymore." George advised, Fred nodded.
Just then Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron, their little brother walked into the Gryffindor common room.
"Honestly Ronald you're being ridiculous!" Hermione shot.
"How am I being ridiculous?" Ron asked.
Harry quickly walked up to the twins.
"Can I sit?" Harry asked.
The twins nodded.
"What are those two fighting about anyway?" George questioned.
"At this point I can't remember." Harry exclaimed.
Fred smiled and George started to have a conversation with Harry.
() () ()
ELLIE and Rosie were sitting in the common room, when Ellie noticed Rosie seemed tense.
"What's wrong with you?" Ellie asked.
Rosie quickly looked up at her in shock.
"We'll promise me you won't freak out." Rosie spoke.
"I promise." Ellie said.
Rosie sighed for a moment and looked at Ellie.
"Jake told me he loved me." Rosie admitted, Ellie stared at her.
"What?" Ellie questioned.
"He just sort of blurted it out! And I don't know." Rosie shot.
"Well, do you love him?" Ellie asked.
"Yes." Rosie replied with a smile on her face.
"So, why didn't you say it back?" Ellie questioned.
"It's not that easy Ellie." Rosie exclaimed.
"Well when you love someone you tell them how you feel. For example you tell Jake." Ellie spoke.
"No you don't understand Ellie." Rosie exclaimed.
"Huh?" Rosie questioned.
"Like I said he blurted it out, he probably didn't even mean it." Rosie advised.
Ellie just glared at her for a second.
"Rosie, anyone with eyes can see how madly Jake is in love with you." Ellie exclaimed.
"What, that's not true!" Rosie protested.
"Are you kidding! Rosie have you seen the way he looks at you. The guys in love." Ellie exclaimed.
"Oh stop it Ellie." Rosie shot.
"Fine, but don't tell me I didn't warn you." Ellie exclaimed, and she walked into the third year dorms.
She saw Padma Patil and Lisa Turpin sitting on Padma's bed which was right next to Ellie's.
She looked over at Jane's who was already asleep.
"Ellie!" Padma shot. Ellie quickly looked over at her and smiled. She never really ever communicated with her.
"Hi." Ellie greeted as she looked over at them.
"Come sit." Lisa spoke, moving over a bit so Ellie could sit.
Ellie sat down and smiled at the two girls.
"So Ellie, you're also taking Arithmancy! So am I." Padma exclaimed. "And I couldn't help but notice but Theodore Nott was staring at you almost the entire class." Padma informed her.
"Was he?" Ellie asked.
"Yes, so I think he might fancy you." Padma spoke, while Lisa giggled and Ellie gave her a look.
"Well he may fancy me but I really don't care." Ellie advised.
"Really? If Theodore Nott fancied me I'd be flattered." Lisa exclaimed.
"Oh well that's nice I suppose." Ellie spoke.
Padma then looked at Ellie for a moment.
"Do you fancy anyone Ellie?" Padma asked.
"What, no." Ellie spoke, then Padma gave her a look.
"Oh, well do you think any boys are cute?" Padma asked.
Ellie shook her head.
"Not really I want to focus more on my studies this year." Ellie exclaimed.
"Want to know who I think is cute. Fred Weasley." Lisa giggled.
Ellie quickly looked over at Lisa and smiled.
"Ellie, your friends with him right?" Padma asked.
"Yeah well sure." Ellie spoke, Lisa's face quickly turned into a bright red.
"Please don't tell him what I said!" Lisa shot.
"Don't worry I won't." Ellie advised, and Lisa let out a sigh of relief.
The girls started to have some small talk and then Lisa and Padma started talking about insecurities.
"My hair is so awful!" Lisa shot.
"I like it. It looks soft." Ellie spoke.
"Really? Thank you Ellie." Lisa thanked the girl with a smile.
"I don't really like my nose." Padma admitted.
"Why are you guys saying these things? You both are very pretty." Ellie advised.
"Thank you Ellie but it's not that bad." Padma exclaimed.
"Well you two should just know that you both are pretty." Ellie exclaimed. The two girls smiled at her.
"Wow you are so nice." Lisa exclaimed, Ellie smiled at her.
"I think I'm going to head to bed." Ellie spoke, the two girls said goodnight to her and Ellie quickly opened and closed her privacy curtains.
She sat on her bed and quickly undid her tie and put it in her drawer. She quickly found a piece of paper. She grabbed it and quickly unraveled it.
Dear Elle,
Hey now I know what you're thinking. Why is this idiot writing me? I just wanted to say that I hope you had a nice holiday and I can't wait to see you at Hogwarts.
P.S George is a nightmare he won't shut up.
Sincerely,
Fred.
It was the note Fred gave to her the year before. She didn't even remember she still had it. She then remembered that she shoved it in a book, this time she couldn't find the book. She quickly put the note back in her drawer and then took out her ponytail and changed into her pajamas. She went under her covers and just laid there.
() () ()
"JANE wake up! We have to be at breakfast in twenty minutes." Ellie yelled, throwing a pillow at Jane.
"Then why don't you just go without me?" Jane asked as she groaned and rolled around in her bed.
"Jane." Ellie spoke.
"Yes." Jane groaned.
"You have to meet Micheal in ten minutes." Ellie exclaimed. Jane quickly shot up and closed her privacy curtains to get changed.
Ellie chuckled and quickly grabbed her tie and looked in the mirror and started to do her tie.
She looked at herself and thought she looked weird. Almost like she felt weird.
She looked at herself for a few more moments and then she jumped when Jane called for her.
She grabbed her bag and threw her wand in it and the two girls started to head to the great hall.
"Oh Ellie! I borrowed a book and there was a paper in it so I just tossed it in your drawer. I hope you don't mind." Jane exclaimed.
"Oh no it's fine." Ellie spoke.
Ellie saw Jane meet up with Micheal and then she started walking on her own to the great hall.
She quickly felt someone tap her on the shoulder and she turned around and saw Jake Baker.
"Hey, did your sister tell you anything?" He asked.
"Oh nothing really just the fact that you blurred out that you loved her, but besides that she didn't say anything." Ellie spoke, Jake looked very stressed.
"D-did she get weirded out?" Jake asked.
Ellie smiled at him.
"She's fine." Ellie replied.
"Okay can you keep this thing I'm about to tell you between you and me?" Jake asked. Ellie nodded and Jake looked around. "I really do love her." Jake advised.
"That's good, but if you break her heart I must warn you. I may not be strong but Brandon is and I have a friend on the quidditch team." Ellie exclaimed.
Jake looked a bit confused.
"Wait I'm confused when did you get a boyfriend?" Jake asked her.
"What. I don't have a boyfriend." Ellie said, Jake just stared at her in shock.
"Oh I'm sorry it's just you said friend and I thought you meant friend." Jake exclaimed.
"What no! I meant Jane." Ellie replied.
"Oh! Sorry I thought never mind." Jake babbled.
"Can we never tell anyone we had this conversation?" Ellie asked.
"That'd be nice." Jake spoke, then they both started heading to the great hall in the same way.
"Could you walk like five steps behind me? I don't want to enter the great hall with you." Ellie exclaimed.
Jake nodded and then Ellie walked in and saw Daphne, Blaise, and Luna.
"Ellie!" Luna called out. Blaise and Daphne looked and saw Ellie and Daphne smiled.
Ellie quickly sat down next to them.
"Hey." Ellie greeted, as she placed her bag on the table.
"Toast?" Luna asked.
"No thank you I'm not hungry." Ellie exclaimed, and she took out a book.
Then the three started looking at her. She looked up and saw them.
"Hi." Ellie said.
"Can I have her toast?" Daphne whispered and Blaise glared at her.
"You're insane." Blaise spoke.
"What do you mean?" Ellie queried.
"You decline breakfast and then you read a book." Daphne exclaimed.
"Yeah so?" Ellie asked.
Daphne and Blaise just looked at each other and shrugged while Luna continued to look at Ellie.
"Ellie you look tired." Luna advised.
"Oh I just couldn't sleep last night." Ellie told her.
Luna nodded and then started to eat the rest of her breakfast.
Then Brandon ran into the great hall.
"Ellie can I look through your bag?" Brandon asked.
"What why?" Ellie queried.
"No questions!" Brandon shot.
Then he grabbed her bag and cleared some of the table and dumped everything out.
"Wow you have so many books in that bag." Luna spoke.
Brandon started moving everything around.
"It's not here!" Brandon shot.
"What's not there?" Ellie asked.
"My book!" Brandon exclaimed.
Blaise looked over and saw it.
"It's in your back pocket." Blaise spoke.
"Oh." Brandon said.
Ellie quickly glared at him.
"Did you have to dump everything out?" Ellie queried.
"Sorry." Brandon apologized.
Ellie still glared at him and started putting all her stuff in her bag.
"Have you read all of those books?" Daphne questioned.
"I've read most of them." Ellie advised.
"Then why don't you just put the ones you read away?" Daphne queried.
"I like to reread them." Ellie exclaimed.
Daphne just gave her a look.
"You are very interesting." Daphne spoke.
"So I've heard." Ellie chuckled, and she just got back to reading.

a/n STREAM DRIVERS LICENSES BY OLIVIA RODRIGO! Because that's who I casted as Ellie and the song is AMAZING