~twenty.~

"WHY are people avoiding Harry Potter?"Chase asked

Ellie looked at Harry Potter who just looked confused as to why no one wanted to talk to him.
"Well many people think that he's the heir of Slytherin, and that he's been hearing voices." Ellie advised.
"How do you know he's hearing voices?" Cedric questioned.
"It's very easy to listen when people don't know who you are." Ellie admitted.
"What do you think the voices could be?" Chase asked.
"My only guess is Parseltongue." Ellie exclaimed.
"Parseltongue? What's that?" Chase asked.
"It's where people can talk to snakes." Ellie answered.
"Anyone can talk to snakes." Chase scoffed.
"Touching the glass and thinking it's looking at you doesn't count." Cedric exclaimed with a smile.
"Never mind." Chase spoke. Ellie chuckled at him. "Justin who's in my house seems terrified of him." Chase exclaimed.
Ellie looked over at the Hufflepuff boy who looked like he was shivering.
"He does." Cedric spoke. He looked around for a moment. "Where's Jane? I thought you guys made up?" Cedric asked.
"We did. I think she's with Micheal again." Ellie spoke.
Cedric smiled for a second.
"She seems to like him." Chase said.
"Yeah, but it doesn't matter I doubt he'd come between us." Ellie exclaimed.
Just then Katie Bell and Angelina Johnson walked in the library. Cedric looked at Katie and quickly looked away.
Ellie just scoffed.
"Stop being a big baby." Ellie shot.
"Sorry." Cedric apologized. Ellie and Chase chuckled.
Angelina saw Ellie and quickly walked up.
"Smith, hi." Angelina greeted.
Ellie just gave her a look.
"What do you need from me?" Ellie asked.
Angelina chuckled.
"Nothing, it's just I wanted to say that I hope you cheer for Gryffindor at the quidditch game.
Ellie sighed for a moment.
"I don't know, I do have friends in Slytherin. But Draco Malfoy's seeker." Ellie exclaimed, Angelina's face fell. "Sure I'll root for you." Ellie spoke.
Angelina smiled.
"Thank you so much! What about you two Hufflepuffs?" Angelina asked.
Cedric gulped for a second.
"Of course we're rooting for Gryffindor." Cedric spoke. Katie Bell smiled.
The two girls left and Ellie just laughed.
"What?" Chase asked.
"Nothing, it's just Cedric was totally nervous to talk to Katie Bell." Ellie spoke, causing Cedric to get a bright blush to his cheeks.
"That's who Katie Bell is!" Chase shot.
"Yes." Cedric spoke defensively.
Ellie just chuckled. She looked around and saw Colin Creevey taking pictures of people. Ellie smiled at the pure first year.
Just then Brandon ran up to Ellie.
"Ellie! You're here!" Brandon shot, very out of breath.
"No I'm in the astronomy tower, check there." Ellie spoke sarcastically. Brandon just glared at her statement.
"This is serious." Brandon shot.
"What is it about?" Ellie asked.
Brandon looked at her for a moment and shook his head.
"Never mind. It can wait." Brandon said, he gave them a smile and he walked away.
"What do you think that was about?" Chase asked.
"I don't know." Ellie admitted.
She looked around and sighed.
"Do we have to go to the quidditch game?" Ellie asked.
"Of course we do Ellie!" Cedric shot.
"Fine." Ellie groaned.
Cedric and Chase grinned, happy that they got Ellie to go to the game.
***
ELLIE sighed as she grabbed her scarf and gloves. She quickly put her wand in her robes and walked out of the girl dormitories. Luna spotted her and smiled.
"Hello Ellie." Luna greeted.
"Hi Luna." Ellie replied, her voice a bit raspy.
"Are you excited for the quidditch game?" Luna asked. As they both started walking to where they were supposed to meet Cedric and Chase.
"Not much, but I'm sure it'll be entertaining." Ellie replied. She looked around for a second. "Are you sure you're fine with watching the game with Cedric? You don't really know him much." Ellie asked.
"I'm sure I'll be fine Ellie." Luna exclaimed.
Ellie just smiled at Luna. They both walked towards the boys.
"Hey, who's this?" Cedric asked, as he saw Luna. Holding out a hand.
"Luna Lovegood." Luna answered for Ellie, taking his hand. Which caused Ellie to smile.
"Hey Luna." Chase spoke.
"Hi Chase." Luna replied. Chase went in to shake her hand. Luna just went in for a hug. Chase quickly blushed. "I could tell you needed a hug." Luna responded.
Chase smiled at Luna.
"Thank you." Chase said, blushing. Ellie chuckled at them.
Cedric laughed.
"They look cute together." Cedric whispered into Ellie's ear.
"They do." Ellie spoke.
The four of them got to the quidditch field and stood at the stands.
Jane joined them and walked over.
"Ellie! Blaise and Daphne are looking for you," Jane told her.
"Oh, did it seem important?" Ellie asked.
"I think so. Just go trust me i'll be fine." Jane assured. Ellie smiled at her and looked for Daphne and Blaise.
Daphne spotted her.
"Ellie!" Daphne shot, and she quickly ran up to go hug her.
Ellie gave her a weird look.
"Hi, I don't like hugs and neither do you." Ellie spoke, with a laugh.
Daphne laughed and quickly pulled away.
"Sorry, it's just I got really excited. And so is Blaise to see you." Daphne exclaimed. Ellie looked to where Blaise was. Glaring at everyone like always.
"He looks the same." Ellie spoke.
"Well I guess I over exaggerated." Daphne responded with a laugh. She quickly linked her arms with Ellie. "We want you to meet someone." Daphne spoke.
"The game is about to start. And I have to root for Gryffindor." Ellie exclaimed.
Daphne scoffed.
"It'll only take a second." Daphne spoke.
They walked over to Blaise.
"Hello Smith." Blaise greeted.
"Hey." Ellie spoke. She looked over and didn't see anyone she didn't know. "I don't see anyone." Ellie informed.
"I told you he'd run away." Blaise spoke with a smirk.
"Ugh that bastard!" Daphne shot. "Sorry Ellie." Daphne apologized.
"It's fine, I think I'm going to go. I'll see you guys later." Ellie exclaimed. The two Slytherins smiled at her and she left.
"There you are." Chase spoke.
"Yeah, I needed to talk to Daphne and Blaise." Ellie explained.
"Well it looks like the game is about to start." Chase advised, with a smirk.
Ellie smiled and saw the quidditch players get out on the field.
"You know I still don't get the point of quidditch." Ellie admitted.
Chase chuckled.
"Ellie you've read Quidditch Through the Ages two times and you still don't like it." Chase spoke.
"I just don't think it's fair that whoever catches the snitch wins all those points before we're for nothing!" Ellie exclaimed.
Chase just rolled his eyes.
Ellie saw Lee Jordan getting yelled at by McGonnagall.
Ellie just tried to focus on the game. Then a bludger started to go towards Harry Potter. Ellie looked at it in shock. The Gryffindor and Slytherin team just stayed there in shock for a moment. Just then Harry Potter started flying towards a spot. Draco Malfoy quickly followed. Harry ended up flying on his broom towards the stands. Colin Creevey was taking pictures and had to duck before he got hit with a bludger. The Ravenclaw prefect Penelope Clearwater was trying to push some students out of the way so they could stay safe.
Then, Harry Potter caught the snitch. Everyone went towards Harry. Ellie and Chase stood there watching carefully. Cedric, Luna, and Jane doing the same.
Lockhart cast a spell which caused Harry to have no more bones in his arms.
Ellie saw Harry groan as many people brought him towards the hospital wing.
"Poor kid." Cedric spoke.
Ellie saw Lee walk up to the Weasley's twins. Fred just glared at Lee while George laughed. Ellie saw Fred look up at her and he smiled at her and she smiled back. This caused him to grin. George caught this and looked up.
He quickly walked over. Fred groaned and Lee quickly followed
"Hey Ellie!" George greeted with a grin.
Ellie rolled her eyes.
"Shouldn't you check on Harry Potter." Ellie spoke. Fred smirked and George scoffed.
"Angelina wanted too." George exclaimed.
Cedric looked at the twins.
"Which one is the annoying one again?" Cedric asked.
"Hey!" The twins shot in unison. Chase just widened his eyes.
"Both of them." Ellie exclaimed. Cedric chuckled.
Ellie saw Fred mutter something under his breath. Cedric just glared at Fred. George just started to laugh.
"Hey where's your brother?" Lee asked Ellie.
"Oh, I don't know why?" Ellie asked.
"Nothing he just um, owes me something." Lee exclaimed. Ellie just looked at him for a moment. She just rolled her eyes.
"Look, as much as I don't really care about why you guys hate each other I have to go." Ellie exclaimed, then her and Chase started to walk away.
"Elle." Fred called out.
Ellie and Chase both turned their heads to face the red head. Fred quickly walked up to them.
"Here." Fred spoke. He had something in his hand.
"What is it?" Ellie asked.
"I saw Jake Baker drop it. I think it's for your sister." Fred explained, and he held out his hand. She quickly grabbed it. It was a necklace with an orange pendant.
Ellie just looked up at Fred for a second.
"Are you sure he dropped it?" Ellie asked.
"Yeah, even Georgie saw it." Fred exclaimed.
Chase just stared at Ellie. "What?" Fred asked.
"Nothing, it's just my sister hates the color orange." Ellie stated.
Fred just raised his eyebrows.
"Well thanks anyway." Ellie quickly spoke. Then her and Chase walked away.
Fred stayed there for a second. Just then George patted his back.
"Did Jake actually drop that?" Cedric asked, as him and Luna walked up to them.
"Yes." Fred shot. "What do you think I'm a liar?" Fred asked.
Cedric just rolled his eyes at him.
"I didn't say that, but you could be." Cedric spoke.
Fred just scoffed at him.
"Whatever. Georgie let's go." Fred exclaimed and the twins left.
Luna stared at Cedric.
"Why don't you trust Fred Weasley?" Luna asked, in her dreamy voice.
"I don't know Ellie just seemed kind of shocked." Cedric exclaimed.
"I'm sure it'll be ok." Luna exclaimed with a smile.
Cedric grinned and the two walked away.
***
FRED was in the Gryffindor common room and Percy looked pale.
"You okay Perce?" Fred asked, staring at his brother worriedly.
Percy just jumped for a moment.
"It's just that we haven't heard from the Ravenclaw girl Prefect and some Prefects are a bit stressed." Percy exclaimed.
"I'm sure she'll be okay." Fred spoke.
"No it's not! She's a muggleborn that thing could attack her." Percy shot.
Fred just stared at him blankly.
"Okay." Fred spoke, being clueless.
Then he just started to fall asleep on the couch.
After what felt like a few minutes Fred felt someone touching his arms.
"Fred wake up!" Percy shot, shaking him.
Fred just glared at him.
"Ugh what time is it?" Fred asked.
"Doesn't matter we have to get to dinner." Percy spoke.
Fred just groaned and him and Percy made their way to the great hall.
When they walked in Fred saw Jake Baker walk up to him.
"You!" Jake shot.
"Hi." Fred spoke.
"Why did you give Ellie that necklace you saw me drop?" Jake asked, in a whisper.
"So she could give it to you." Fred replied.
"I wanted to give it to Rosie." Jake exclaimed.
"For what?" Fred asked.
Jake just shook his head.
"Doesn't matter." Jake spoke. Then he walked away.
Percy just glared at Fred.
"You are officially the dumbest person I've ever met." Percy shot.
Fred just rolled his eyes and walked to sit next to George.
"Freddie, did you fall asleep?" George asked as he pat Fred's head. "Your hair is a mess." George shot.
"Of course I fell asleep." Fred exclaimed.
George just chuckled and made Fred's plate.
"I know how to make a plate." Fred shot.
"Oh just shut up." George spoke, then he gave Fred his plate.
Fred grinned and he glanced towards the Ravenclaw table. He was staring at Ellie who was talking with Jane Hankel. Then he remembered the note Draco gave him.
Who was keeping the secret?
He figured out that it wouldn't be Ellie. He knew that he could trust her. Even though they rarely spoke to each other.
Just then Lee came in flustered. Fred stared at him.
"What's wrong with you?" Fred questioned. Lee just looked up at him.
"N-nothing, just annoyed by work." Lee exclaimed. Fred knew that Lee was lying. He noticed Lee stare at the Ravenclaws.
"What are you looking at?" Fred asked.
"Oh um, Ellie." Lee replied.
"Ellie?" Fred queried.
"Yeah I just realized she has awful hair." Lee spoke.
"Hair?" Fred queried.
"Yeah it's very oily." Lee exclaimed. Fred just quickly looked over at Ellie's hair which was down. He thought it looked nice and fluffy.
"It doesn't look oily." Fred shot.
"You're sticking up for her. Like I said oily!" Lee spoke.
Fred just rolled his eyes at Lee.
"Whatever." Fred spoke.
Lee just continued to stare at the Ravenclaw table. Lee quickly scoffed.
"You're right her hair isn't oily. Ellie's hair is so perfect!" Lee shot. Fred just laughed.
"Well then what were you staring at?" Fred asked.
"Oh um, Brandon Smith. He looks weird." Lee spoke.
"Oh, why didn't you just say so?" Fred queried.
Lee just shrugged.
"Freddie! Look there's extra pumpkin pasties.!" George shot, as he gave one to Fred. Fred smiled, as he took one.
Then he took a bite out of the warm pumpkin pastie. He felt eyes on him. He looked up and noticed a platinum blonde Ravenclaw girl stare at him.
"Georgie." Fred said.
"Yeah?" George queried.
"Who is that?" Fred asked as he pointed towards the girl.
"Oh her name is Luna Lovegood. I've talked to her before she seems like a sweet girl." George exclaimed.
Luna smiled at George and he gave her a little wave.
"Wow seems like you like her." Fred said, as he chuckled.
George blushed.
"Oh my god Fred, why do you say every girl I talk to I like?" George groaned. Fred just chuckled.
"Whatever Georgie." Fred spoke, patting his brother's back.
***
"LOCKHART is so close to making me vomit." Jane shot.
Chase laughed for a second.
"Didn't you think that he was charming?" Ellie teased. Jane just threw a pillow at her.
"Hey!" Ellie shot. Then she quickly brushed her skirt and put the pillow back.
"How long until your Prefect comes back anyway?" Chase asked. Jane just looked around.
"She should be here soon." Ellie advised.
Just then Percy Weasley came in followed by the Weasley twins.
"You three!" Percy shot.
"Us?" Jane queried.
"Watch these two! I need to find your other Prefects." Percy demanded. Ellie looked at Fred and gave him a confused look.
"Well um, your Prefect. Penelope Clearwater and a boy in first year, Colin Creevey were petrified." Fred explained, as he rubbed the back of his neck.
Jane and Ellie looked at each other nervous.
"What?" Chase asked. George and Fred stared at him looking nervous too.
"She's a muggleborn too Chase." Ellie exclaimed.
Chase's eyes widened.
"D- do you think that it could come after me?" Chase asked.
They all just stayed quiet. Until George broke the silence.
"I would hope not." George spoke, barely above a whisper.
Percy came back with the other Ravenclaw Prefect.
"Fred and George, stay here until I come back." Percy demanded. The twins nodded and just gave the three a smile.
"Well does that mean I should stay?" Chase asked.
"Yeah probably." Ellie shot, which made Chase roll his eyes.
Jane saw the twins just stand there awkwardly observing the Ravenclaw common room. She quickly decided to nudge Ellie.
Ellie looked at Jane, Jane motioned towards the twins. Ellie just chuckled.
"You know you guys could sit down right?" Ellie queried.
The twins both blushed.
"Yeah." Fred spoke.
"Definitely." George added.
Chase poked Jane.
"What?" Jane asked. He pointed towards the staircases.
Everyone else looked over.
It was Micheal Corner and Brandon.
"What's going on?" Micheal questioned.
"Yeah, why are these Weasels here?" Brandon spat.
Ellie glared at him.
"Oh zip Brandon." George shot.
"Yeah, at least we don't look like git's!" Fred shot.
Brandon just glared at them.
"Well there was another-." Chase started, but Ellie quickly covered his mouth.
Just then Gilderoy Lockhart quickly walked in.
"There you two are!" Lockhart shot, pointing towards the Weasley twins. "Come on Gred and Forge!" Lockhart demanded.
Ellie gave Lockhart a look.
"It's Fred!" Fred shot.
"And George!" George shot.
Then Lockhart quickly grabbed them.
"Don't  touch me!" Fred shot. Ellie and Jane chuckled.
"Sorry, oh want to know the riddle the Portrait asked?" Lockhart queried.
"No!" Everyone shot.
Lockhart quickly ignored them.
"Well it asked me when I was born. Isn't that funny?" Lockhart announced, with a chuckle.
Then he left with the twins.
The other two boys walked down.
"Jane." Micheal spoke. Jane looked at him. "What happened?" Micheal asked.
Jane sighed.
"Well, there were two more people who were petrified." Jane spoke.
Brandon looked at her shocked.
"What? Who?" Brandon asked.
"Penelope Clearwater and Colin Creevey." Jane answered.
"Oh so there's no Prefects right now?" Brandon asked, a smirk pulling at his lips.
"Yeah but— Brandon!" Jane shot.
Brandon just kept the smirk on his lips and walked next to Ellie.
"On a scale of 1-10 how much do you think we should tell Rosie?" Brandon asked.
"I would give it a four, we'll tell her in the morning." Ellie exclaimed and Brandon just nodded.
Ellie noticed Micheal had pulled Jane to the side.
Chase quickly walked up to Ellie.
"What do you think they're talking about?" Chase asked.
"No idea." Ellie replied with a chuckle.
Brandon looked at Chase.
"You're supposed to be in the Hufflepuff common room last time I checked." Brandon shot.
"Oh I am, I don't even think Percy noticed me though." Chase exclaimed.
Brandon sighed
"I guess you could stay here." Brandon spoke, then he grabbed a blanket. "Do you mind sleeping on the couch?" Brandon queried.
Chase took the blanket and set up the couch. Jane walked towards Ellie.
"Come on Ellie we should get some sleep." Jane spoke. Ellie nodded and they both walked up the stairs.
Ellie quickly plopped on her bed. She went under the silk covers. She couldn't fall asleep. But she didn't mind. After all, she felt comfortable.
And that's how she wished it would be.