[forty two.]

DECEMBER 4th-"THIS Yule ball seems stupid

DECEMBER 4th
-
"THIS Yule ball seems stupid. I mean what's the point of it anyway? Congrats people from your school are in a death tournament." said George.
"Don't be such a bummer George." Katie Bell shot.
"I am not being a bummer, I'm just being practical. I mean it just seems stupid." George replied.
"I agree with Georgie. I mean we have to learn a dance!" Fred exclaimed.
"It's bloody stupid." The twins spoke at the same time.
"You two are just acting like that because you have multiple girls who are dying for you to ask them." Angelina Johnson smirked.
"Yeah, but we don't really know them." said George.
"I'd rather go with a friend then someone I don't really know." Fred added.
"Oh please Fred we both know that you want to ask Ellie." Angelina said with a smile.
"What! No I don't." Fred shot.
"Really?" George queried.
Fred just scoffed and then everyone turned to Ron Weasley who had just walked in.
"Do you guys know anyone who I could take to the ball?" Ron queried.
George's eyes lit up.
"Yeah, Ellie Smith." George spoke, and Fred glared at him.
"That's the girl I call Emily right?" Ron asked and George nodded. "She's very pretty. A lot of boys in our year think that actually." Ron admitted and Fred looked over at him.
"Okay yeah no you wouldn't want to go with her." Fred exclaimed.
Angelina looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Why wouldn't he want to go with her? He just said he thinks she's pretty." Katie spoke.
"I don't know." Fred muttered.
"Okay well I think I will ask her. Thanks George." Ron exclaimed, then headed to his dorm.
"What was that?" George asked.
"What was what?" Fred queried.
"You don't happen to be jealous right?" Angelina asked with a smirk.
"Jealous! Why would I be jealous?" He scoffed.
"You're an idiot." Katie shot.
"That's rude." Fred spoke.
George just chuckled and patted Fred's back.
"Fred dear brother I love you but you are very clueless." George explained.
"I am not!" Fred shot.
Then Lee Jordan walked in and sat next to George.
"Where have you been?" Katie queried.
"Somewhere." Lee spoke.
"What's that?" George asked him.
"Shut up George!" Lee shot.
[][][]
DECEMBER 10th
-
"I hate the dress. It looks so stupid. What's the point of the Yule Ball anyway? It just seems like an excuse for couples to make out." Ellie rambled.
"Well I think the dress mum and dad sent you suits you." Rosie explained.
"What does it look like?" Cho Chang asked.
"Stupid." Ellie muttered.
"Ellie here hates dresses." said Brandon as he sat next to Rosie.
"Why? I think you would look nice!" Cho exclaimed.
Ellie just shrugged and then felt a tap on her shoulder. She saw Cedric.
"Hi." Ellie spoke as she took a bite of her apple.
"Can I speak to you?" Cedric asked, then looked around. "In private." He spoke.
"Fine." Ellie sighed. "But if this is about what I think it is." Ellie shot.
"Oh shush!" Cedric shot, then dragged Ellie a bit further away from the Ravenclaw table.
"I have a question for you." Cedric admitted.
"Okay. You could've just told me without dragging me." Ellie exclaimed.
"No I couldn't." Cedric replied.
"Okay, so what's the matter?" Ellie asked.
"Does Cho Chang have a date to the Yule Ball?" Cedric queried.
"No." Ellie replied.
Cedric grinned for a moment.
"Great! I'm going to ask her out." Cedric spoke.
Ellie just took a bite of her apple and Cedric looked at her.
"Oh wow yay congrats." Ellie spoke sarcastically.
Cedric glared at her and Ellie just gave him a smile.
"So I heard you're wearing a dress." Cedric smirked.
"Don't even start." Ellie told him.
Cedric laughed for a moment.
"Oh it'll be okay who knows maybe you'll look like a pretty doll." Cedric teased.
"Shut up." Ellie shot.
Cedric laughed for a moment.
"Okay well I'm going to get going. I can't wait to see you in a dress." Cedric teased.
"Yeah I'm not wearing that. Hey maybe we can swap outfits. I would look very nice in a suit." Ellie grinned.
"You probably would but I don't think I'd fit in the dress." Cedric replied.
Ellie laughed and headed back to her seat next to Rosie.
"So what did Cedric want?" Brandon asked.
"Nothing important." Ellie told him.
[][][]
DECEMBER 17th
-
"FRED I thought about it and I think I want to go to the ball with a friend." George informed Fred.
"You have friends that are girls?" Lee asked. George glared at him and Fred chuckled.
"Well who do you think you're going to ask?" Fred queried.
"I thought Angelina but, then I started to think and she probably would murder me for stepping on her shoes." George explained.
"Okay. So who are you going to ask?" Fred asked for the second time.
"Maybe I could go with, I don't know, probably Ellie." George spoke.
"What." Fred shot, and Lee laughed.
"I mean unless she already has a date. Or you want to ask her." George spoke.
Fred thought for a moment. He wouldn't mind going to the ball with Ellie. Yet, he didn't know if he'd ask her or not. He didn't like her that way. Right? Fred just shrugged and looked at George.
"I'm not going to ask her. So just go ask her. She's right over there." Fred pointed as he saw Ellie and Daphne Greengrass walking.
"Okay. But we have to get you to go with someone then!" George exclaimed, then he started to walk over to Ellie.
"Ellie." George spoke.
Ellie turned to face him and she gave him a smile.
"George." said Ellie.
"I thought this was Fred." Daphne admitted.
"I don't know if I should be offended or not." George replied.
Ellie just rolled her eyes.
"What's up?" She asked.
"Want to go to the Yule ball together? Not as a date but just as friends." George asked her.
He saw Ellie was thinking for a bit.
"Sure, but as long as we get to make fun of what other people are wearing. Besides, going to the ball with a friend seems way better than going with a date." Ellie explained.
"That's exactly what I said!" George shot.
Lee looked at Fred for a moment.
"What do you think they're saying?" Lee asked.
"I don't know." Fred admitted, then looked at them. He noticed Ellie giving him a smile and he felt something. He didn't know what it was, but he sort of liked it. "Do you think she said yes?" Fred asked Lee.
"No idea, it's Ellie Smith we're talking about." Lee told Fred.
After a few minutes George walked up.
"So?" Fred asked
"She said yes surprisingly. Ellie also said it'd be better to go with a friend." George advised.
Fred didn't know why but he felt something else. And he didn't like it.
Was it?
No, it wasn't.
Jealousy.
No!
Fred Weasley doesn't get jealous, especially if it's friends just going to a dance together.
Fred just said the first thing that came to his mind.
"Well then I guess I'll ask Angelina." He spoke softly.
Lee and George looked at each other in shock.
"Well she may kill you by the end of the night." Lee advised then patted his shoulder.
Fred gave him a look then he could've sworn he saw something on Lees neck.
"How did you get a bruise on your neck?" Fred asked.
"Oh I accidentally hit myself with something while I was sleeping." Lee told them.
Fred just shrugged.
"Whatever, let's just go to the common room." Fred spoke, he looked over to where Ellie was for a second.
She wasn't there anymore.
[][][]
DECEMBER 20th
-
"WHY would you say yes to going with George? I personally thought you'd want to go with Chase as a friend." Cedric admitted.
"Well I mean it's a good opportunity to become closer to George. We aren't really that close." Ellie exclaimed.
"Yeah well Chase doesn't have a date." Cedric spoke.
"I don't need a date." Chase muttered.
Cedric glanced over at Daphne and she gave him a look.
"If you're going to suggest what I think you're suggesting that's a no. I'm going with Blaise. We're going to pull a prank on Draco Malfoy." Daphne explained.
Ellie laughed and Chase grinned.
"Why don't you just ask Luna." Ellie suggested.
"You're right! Why didn't I think of that before?" Chase shot.
"Because you're not that smart." Daphne smirked.
"Very funny." said Chase sarcastically.
Ellie looked over at Cedric and the two laughed.
"Well I guess that's settled." Cedric replied with a smile. "I still can't believe Cho said yes!" said Cedric, with a smile on his face.
"Why would she say no? Almost every girl wanted to go with you." Daphne exclaimed.
"Yeah, didn't you say Fleur Delacour tried to ask you?" Ellie queried.
"Yeah she did. I don't know, I just think Cho is really nice and she's very pretty." Cedric spoke and a blush started to rise to his cheeks.
"Awe Pretty Boy Diggory has a crush. I bet he wants to kiss Cho Chang." Daphne teased.
"Shush!" Cedric exclaimed.
Daphne grinned and Ellie smiled.
"I still don't want to go to that ball, I mean what's the point of it anyway?" Ellie asked, for the 20th time.
"Probably to make friends." Cedric replied.
Ellie just shrugged.
She saw George and Fred walk into the library. She waved at the two and George waved back while Fred looked away.
"I heard Fred asked Angelina Johnson." Chase whispered.
Ellie had heard too but not from Fred. It was from George. She felt like Fred was avoiding her ever since George asked her to the ball. Which made her feel weird, and it was almost like she sort of missed him.
"I thought he was going to ask you to the ball." Cedric admitted.
"Well he asked Angelina." Ellie shot, then got up with a book. "Now if you excuse me I have to put a book back." She spoke, then started to head to the end of the library. When she went to the section she saw something.
It was Brandon and Lee. Kissing.
"Woah." Ellie spoke.
The two stopped and looked at her in shock.
Their lips were swollen and Ellie was biting her lip to stop herself from laughing.
"Don't tell anyone." said Brandon.
"I already knew." Ellie replied.
"What?" Lee queried.
"It's sort of obvious you two are sneaking around, I mean almost anyone with a brain can tell." Ellie admitted.
"So not many people noticed?" Brandon asked.
Ellie then rolled her eyes, and threw her book at Brandon and he caught it.
"Put that book back will you?" She smirked.
"Your sister scares me." Ellie heard Lee mutter.
Ellie just rolled her eyes for a moment and started to head back to her table. Then she bumped into someone.
"Sorry." A voice muttered. She looked up and saw Theodore Nott.
"Apology not accepted." She shot.
Theo just gave her a smirk.
"So I heard you're going to the Yule Ball with George Weasley." Theo spoke.
"I am." She replied.
"And I also heard you two are going just as friends." Theo added.
Just then George walked over.
"Hey Ellie. Hey person I don't like." George greeted and gave Theo a glare.
"Oh hey, well let me finish what I was saying. You should go with me as a date instead of going with a friend." said Theo only talking to Ellie.
"Yeah that's not going to happen bye Theo." Ellie told him.
"Okay, but that option is still available." Theo advised, and Ellie gave him a glare.
"I hate that guy." George exclaimed.
"So do I." Ellie replied.
[][][]
DECEMBER 24th
-
"ELLIE you look very pretty." Luna told her.
"Thank you Luna I appreciate it but I'd have to look like either you or Daphne to be pretty." Ellie explained, while Luna curled one strand of Ellie's hair.
"Oh Ellie that's nonsense. You look pretty and practically beautiful." Luna told her.
"Thank you." Ellie smiled.
"You're very welcome also I think your dress suits you very well. It's also great for keeping away the nargles." Luna told her. "And I am now finished." Luna spoke.
Ellie looked in the mirror again. She looked nice, not pretty.
"Well Luna I'm going to go to the common room. I think Daphne's coming soon." Ellie told her.
Luna nodded.
"Can I read one of your books in the meantime?" Luna asked.
"Yeah sure." Ellie replied.
Ellie then started to walk down her stairs.
When she walked down she saw a group of Ravenclaw girls.
Then some looked at her.
"Ellie! You look amazing!" Padma Patil exclaimed, and walked up to her.
Ellie gave her a smile and a small blush flushed to her cheeks.
"Thank you Padma you do too." Ellie exclaimed.
"Well if you want you could finish getting ready with us!" Lisa Turpin spoke.
"That's fine, I'm waiting for Daphne Greengrass." Ellie told them.
"Really? It seems like you two are dating." Jane shot.
Ellie just shrugged.
"Well we're going to finish getting ready in the dorms. If you want to come." Padma exclaimed.
"That's fine thank you." Ellie spoke.
As the group of girls were upstairs Daphne walked in.
"That riddle he gave me was very hard. I was standing there for ten minutes. Then a random guy walked by saying the answer." Daphne rambled.
Ellie's eyes just widened.
"Wow, that's unfortunate." said Ellie.
"I've had worse. Now let me do your makeup." Daphne exclaimed.
Ellie just chuckled and Daphne grabbed a bag.
"Okay so I'm going to start with a primer. A bit of concealer and I don't think you need foundation. A bit of lipgloss and you'll be set!" Daphne explained.
"Okay." Ellie replied.
It took Daphne about ten minutes and then she held up a mirror.
As Ellie looked at it she smiled.
"Wow. I look nice." Ellie admitted.
"Forget nice you look amazing!" Daphne exclaimed.
Just then Luna walked down and smiled at Ellie.
"I'm sure the ball will be fun." Luna assured.
"Okay whatever you say." Ellie smiled.
Rosie walked down and Ellie gave her a smile. She was wearing a similar dress like Ellie's however it was purple.
"So are you going to be okay with Jake taking another girl?" Ellie asked.
"I'll be fine. And actually I'm going with Adam. We ended up talking and we seemed to hit it off." Rosie admitted.
"That's great Rosie I'm happy for you." said Ellie.
Then Brandon walked in and looked at Ellie.
"George is outside waiting for you." Brandon spoke.
"Got it." Ellie replied, then started to head to the door.
"Wait! Your necklace!" Luna exclaimed.
"Oh thanks Luna. Could you help put it on?" Ellie asked.
Then Luna put the necklace on Ellie.
"There you go." Luna told her.
"You look pretty." Daphne spoke.
"So are you going to come or not?" Ellie asked.
"No, I think I'm going to help Luna a bit." Daphne exclaimed.
Ellie nodded and then she left.
Then she opened the portrait and she walked out, and she didn't know what to expect.
...
To be continued...