[thirty eight.]

"THANK you so much again Mr

"THANK you so much again Mr. and Mrs. Smith for letting me stay for the last few weeks of holidays." Chase thanked the Smiths for the tenth time.
"It's no problem Chase, you're now family." Mr. Smith told him and Chase smiled.
Ellie looked out the window of the car and then Brandon started to speak.
"It's crazy how as soon as we left the world cup a death eater attack happened." He admitted.
Rosie glared at him.
"Brandon please don't talk about that honey." Mrs. Smith exclaimed, then looked at Ellie. "Ellie, what's up you've barely spoken today?" She asked her younger daughter.
"I'm just tired. I couldn't sleep." Ellie exclaimed.
"You never sleep the night before term starts." Brandon shot.
"You don't need to remind me." Ellie shot, and Brandon rolled his eyes.
Ellie wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep that night however, she had heard her dad watching movies in the middle of the night.
Ellie looked down at her lap. There was a siamese cat on her lap that was currently in a cage. She had named her cat Binx. Like the cat from one of her favorite movies. Hocus Pocus. It was obviously not at all like normal witches and wizards however she enjoyed the characters. Rosie had found the character Max attractive.
Rosie then started to ask a question, "Why can't we tell people about the Triwizard Tournament? I mean a lot of people know about it." Rosie asked.
"Well some parents want to keep it a surprise." Mr. Smith exclaimed.
Rosie just sighed and leaned back in her seat.
Chase looked at Ellie.
"Has Daphne written to you?" He asked in a whisper.
Ellie nodded.
"Yeah why?" Ellie queried. Confused because Chase had hated Daphne the last time he saw her.
"I was just asking." He replied then started playing with his fingers.
"You just want to read one of the letters don't you?" Ellie asked.
"I'm nosy! What do you expect?" Chase shot and Ellie just chuckled.
Ellie quickly placed the cage on the car floor and grabbed a small letter from her pocket. One of the hectic letters Daphne had written.
You won't believe how annoying Astoria is. She has a crush on Draco Malfoy! That's right, the ANNOYING Draco Malfoy. I really hope she gets her brain checked. I heard what happened at the world cup. Are you okay? It must have been very traumatic. Anyway did anyone named Fred Weasley send you a letter? Now I better get going Astoria won't stop yelling at her toad (I told her to get an owl).
With love,
Daphne
By the way DO NOT show this to Chase. He's so nosy!
"Wow! She really thinks I'm nosy." Chase scoffed.
"You are nosy." Brandon spoke.
"Brandon!" Rosie shot.
"What?" Brandon asked.
"Idiot." She muttered.
"What did you respond to this?" Chase asked.
"That I agreed that Astoria should get her brain checked." Ellie replied, she heard her dad snort and her mom playfully slapped him.
"Not that!" Chase shot. Then leaned towards Ellie. "About Fred. Did he send you letters?" Chase whispered.
"Yeah, but I'm not letting you read those." Ellie shot.
Chase rolled his eyes at her.
"Alight kiddos we're here!" Mr. Smith exclaimed.
They all got out of the car and Ellie grabbed Binx. She noticed Binx gave her an annoyed look because of the sunlight and Ellie chuckled. Then she bumped into someone.
She looked up and smiled.
"Professor Lupin! What are you doing here?" Ellie asked.
"Oh hello Ms. Smith. I was just sent by Dumbledore. How are you Ellie?" He asked politely and Ellie smiled.
"I'm doing great, Professor." She replied.
"Please, call me Lupin. I am no longer your professor." He exclaimed.
"Okay will do Lupin." She replied.
"Now Ellie if you are ever stuck just send me a letter." He advised, she nodded and then walked towards her family.
"There you are! We were worried!" Rosie exclaimed.
"Really?" Ellie queried.
"Well Chase and Brandon were busy playing with a puppy, but I was worried." Rosie exclaimed. Ellie chuckled and her mum walked to the girls.
"It looks like your father also got distracted by the puppy so us girls will go first.
Ellie nodded and she looked around then felt the chills as she ran through the barrier. Rosie and her mum quickly followed and it took a few minutes for Chase, Brandon, and Mr. Smith.
"Okay kids I'll miss you so much." Mr. Smith stated and hugged Ellie. Then Rosie, then Brandon.
Ellie's mum gave her kids a kid on the forehead and then turned to Chase.
"Goodbye Chase. I hope to see you again soon." She said, then gave him a kiss on his forehead.
Chase smiled then turned to Ellie.
"I'm finally a part of the family!" He grinned.
[][][]
"PROMISE me you guys won't kill anyone this year." Bill Weasley spoke, then looked at the twins. While Charlie Weasley was holding back a laugh
"We can't make promises." Fred said. Bill rolled his eyes then turned to George.
"Keep him sane will you?" Bill queried.
"I'll try." George smirked.
Then Fred looked around he didn't know who he was looking for but he looked around again. Then he saw her.
Ellie.
She was talking to Cedric Diggory, Chase Green, and Daphne Greengrass. Then he noticed one thing about Ellie.
She had gotten pretty. Not that she was never pretty before but now she had gotten prettier. If that was even possible.
"What are you looking at?" Charlie whispered, Fred however didn't hear him and continued to stare at Ellie. He just couldn't look away.
Charlie smirked and motioned for Bill to walk over. The two brothers surrounded Fred.
"Who's that?" Bill teased, Fred jumped and looked at his older brothers annoyed.
"Don't scare me like that. Ugh you guys are such arse's." Fred shot.
George smiled at his brothers.
"Well I will tell you one thing brother. It looks like you have a crush." Charlie smirked.
"I do not!" Fred protested, a tint of red flossing his cheeks.
"Yeah sure." George spoke.
"That was the way I looked at my crush." Bill teased.
"Whatever." Fred muttered.
George smirked for a moment.
"Ellie!" He shouted.
"What are you doing?" Fred asked.
Ellie turned around and she walked over.
"How important could this be? Cedric and I almost got Chase and Daphne to stop fighting." Ellie exclaimed.
"That is a very big thing." George said.
"I know." Ellie shot.
Then she turned to Fred.
"Hi." She greeted him with a smile.
Fred stared at her for a moment.
"Hi." He quickly spoke.
Ellie looked confused for a second.
Charlie then put his hand on Fred's shoulder.
"Hey Fred, is there someone you'd like to introduce us to?" Charlie queried with a smirk.
Fred almost forgot who they were so he said the first names that came to mind.
"Oh um this is Percy and Ron." Fred spoke. Ellie had thought it was a joke so she just chuckled.
"I'm guessing these two are Bill and Charlie?" Ellie queried.
Fred nodded at her with a smile.
Bill handed out a hand.
"Nice to meet you." He spoke with a smile.
"Hi." She said.
Charlie then looked at her.
"Fred's talked about you." Charlie told her.
Fred looked at Charlie annoyed.
"He's just kidding around. I only mention you sometimes." Fred stated.
Ellie just gave him a look.
"Okay, well I have to go make sure Daphne and Chase don't kill each other. But I'll see you two around." Ellie advised. "Nice meeting you." She told Bill and Charlie, and they smiled at her and she left.
Fred then sighed for a moment.
"That was really bad Fred." Bill spoke with a laugh.
"Did I make a fool of myself?" Fred asked.
George just patted him on the back.
"Oh yeah okay then. Well me and Bill have a bet." Charlie exclaimed.
"Do I really talk about Elle a lot?" Fred asked George.
"Yes." He answered.
[][][]
"CHASE you can never keep your mouth shut can you?" Daphne shot.
"It's not my fault! I'm sorry I thought you told Theo you didn't want him as a friend anymore." Chase protested.
Ellie, Chase, Daphne, and Cedric were stuck in a carriage with Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan. And Daphne and Chase were fighting.
"Woah they've been arguing the entire time." Seamus exclaimed.
"Shut up Seamus!" Daphne and Chase shot at the same time. Then got back to arguing.
"Sorry about them." Cedric apologized.
"It's okay it's not like I care about getting told to shut up." Seamus muttered.
"Seamus no one cares." Dean spoke.
"Thank you Dean it seems like you're the only other sensible person in this carriage." Ellie said.
"Right! Everyone else is so stupid." Dean spoke.
"Hey!" Seamus and Cedric shot.
"Do you hear anything?" Ellie queried.
"Nope." Dean replied with a smirk.
The carriages then stopped and everyone started to head towards the castle.
Ellie's hair was soaking wet and so was everyone else's. She was looking around, she felt like she was looking for someone but she didn't know why.
Ellie grabbed Daphne and Cedric grabbed Chase.
"You two fight too much." Ellie spoke, then drained some of her hair.
"I'm sorry he's a git." Daphne spoke.
Ellie rolled her eyes and Then left Daphne and joined Rosie and Brandon.
"Where were you?" Brandon asked.
"I was stuck with Daphne and Chase arguing." Ellie exclaimed.
"Wow it seems like they will never get along." Brandon joked.
"Hey! It's not funny. Chase and Daphne are my best friends and I hate that they don't get along." Ellie told them.
"Well that sucks I was stuck with Jake and his friends. He wouldn't stop asking about Rosie." Brandon exclaimed. Rosie looked at him.
"He did?" Rosie asked and Brandon nodded.
"Well I was stuck with the Weasley twins, Lee Jordan, and Angelina Johnson. Cho and I looked like puppies." Rosie explained.
The three walked in and headed to the Ravenclaw table. Ellie saw Luna Lovegood and quickly motioned for her to sit next to her. Luna smiled.
"Hello Ellie. How was your holiday?" Luna queried.
"It was good, how was yours Luna?" She asked.
"It was fantastic. I only saw three nargles." Luna advised.
Ellie smiled at her and then the first years walking in soaking wet. She saw one in particular that was wearing Hagrid's coat and was shivering.
Then the sorting started.
She saw the first year with the coat. Dennis Creevey. He got sorted in Gryffindor and sat next to his brother.
After the sorting finished Dumbledore started to announce the triwizard tournament. Then she saw him, Mad Eye Moody. One of the greatest aurors.
Then Dumbledore started talking about the Triwizard Tournament taking place at Hogwarts this year. Ellie had heard this from her father over the holidays and just started playing with her fingers.
"You're joking!" She heard Fred Weasley say loudly.
She smiled for a moment.
"I am not Joking Mr. Weasley." Dumbledore said.
"Dumbledore kind of scares me." Brandon whispered.
"Brandon, shut up." Ellie shot.
Brandon just glared at her.
Then the feast started and ended quickly.
Ellie passed Brandon his food while she grabbed her dessert.
"Ellie." Luna spoke softly.
"Yes." Ellie replied.
"It's nice to see you're eating again." Luna whispered.
Ellie then gave her a small smile.
Then the feast ended.
As Ellie started leaving she locked eyes with Jane. She sighed and started walking with Luna.
"So Luna are you taking divination this year?" Ellie asked.
"Yes! I'm very excited." Luna exclaimed.
As Ellie was walking she bumped into someone.
"Ow!" A voice exclaimed.
Ellie then looked up and saw Micheal Corner.
"Oh sorry." Ellie said.
Micheal looked at her and his eyes widened.
"It's okay." Micheal said quickly then walked towards Jane.
"Are you okay Ellie?" Luna asked.
"Yeah, I'm okay." She replied.
[][][]
FRED was sitting by himself in the astronomy tower. He probably shouldn't have been out even though it wasn't so late. It was still the first day back.
"Fred." A voice spoke.
He turned around and saw Ellie.
"Elle, what are you doing here?" Fred asked.
"Well I just wanted to sit here. I can go if you want." She exclaimed
"No it's fine." Fred told her, then he motioned for her to sit next to him.
Ellie was hesitant at first but then sat down.
"So, how are you?" Ellie asked him.
"I'm doing okay." Fred lied. He couldn't stop thinking about what his mum said.
"I know you're lying Fred." Ellie told him.
"How?" Fred queried.
"I just know when people are lying." She said. Then looked at him again.
"So, what's wrong?" She questioned.
"Well my mum said something and I don't know I still can't stop thinking about it even though it happened a while ago. And George and I got scammed by someone." Fred explained.
Ellie just gave him a small smile.
"I'm sure she didn't mean it." Ellie assured. Then gave him a look. "And as for the scam if you were making a bet, never make one with an adult." Ellie explained.
Fred just stared at her.
"What." He said.
"You made one with an adult didn't you?" Ellie queried.
Fred nodded.
"Of course you did." She spoke. Then she looked at the sky.
However he was looking at her.
"Do you come here often?" She asked.
"Not really." He replied, then she turned to face him again.
"Your brothers seem nice." She admitted.
"Really? I think they're annoying." Fred spoke.
Ellie just smiled at him.
"How are you feeling?" Ellie asked.
"I'm okay why?" He questioned.
"I mean about the world cup. I left before the attack happened. Are you okay?" She asked him, then he looked at her with a smile.
"It was a little traumatic but I'll survive." He advised.
Ellie gave him a small smile and it caused him to smile back.
"Well, I think I should get going." Ellie exclaimed, then was about to get up but Fred stopped her.
"I'll walk you to your common room." Fred told her.
She smiled at him but then he held out a hand and she chuckled.
"I've told you this before I can get up by myself." Ellie exclaimed.
Fred just gave her a shrug with a grin on his face. She sighed in defeat and grabbed his hand and he pulled her up.
"So, in one of your letters you told me you got a cat." said Fred with a smile.
"Yeah I did. I named him Binx." She exclaimed and gave him a smile.
"Binx? That's a peculiar name." Fred admitted.
"Didn't your sister name an owl Pigwidgeon?" She asked.
"How do you know about that?" Fred asked.
"I overheard Ron complaining." She explained.
"Of course he was. All he's been doing is complaining." Fred advised.
"I'll take a note of that for when I get partnered with him." Ellie said.
"If I were you I would just avoid my brother. Well I do that anyway actually." Fred admitted and she just smiled at him.
As the two walked in the hallway they saw a group of Gryffindor girls that looked around Fred's age. One of them smiled at him.
"Hi Weasley." The girl spoke.
"Hi." Fred replied, in a confused tone. Then he turned to Ellie. "Who was that?" Fred asked.
"You don't know her?" Ellie queried.
Fred shook his head and Ellie just smiled.
"Well Freddie it looks like someone has a crush on you." Ellie advised.
Fred laughed but then thought for a moment.
"Wait what?" He queried.
[][][]
ELLIE walked in the common room and as soon as she walked in she saw Brandon rush over to her.
"Where were you? I was freaking out." Brandon exclaimed.
"That I wasn't here?" Ellie queried.
"No! I just saw Lee and yes we have been sort of talking but I don't know what to do." Brandon rambled.
"Can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm kind of tired." Ellie asked him and Brandon nodded.
"Wait, were you with someone?" Brandon asked her.
"Yeah." She replied.
"Who was it?" Brandon queried.
"Well I ran into Fred and he walked me to the common room." Ellie informed him.
"That's all?" Brandon asked.
"That's all." Ellie spoke.
Brandon nodded and Ellie started to head up to the dormitories.
She stopped as she read the sign.
FOURTH YEAR GIRLS
She sighed and opened the door and headed to her bed. Then she saw Jane talking to Lisa Turpin and Padma Patil.
"Ellie, how are you?" Padma asked.
"I'm good." Ellie exclaimed. Then she just closed her privacy curtains.
She sighed and quickly changed into her nightwear. Then she looked in the mirror and she smiled.
She finally liked what she saw.
Then she sat on her bed and looked through her drawer.
Then she grabbed a book.
The Giver.
She liked the idea of how the book was set in the future. She read for about an hour and then got into her covers.
She couldn't sleep.
Then she didn't know why. She started thinking about Fred. And all of their moments they had together and she smiled.
She fell asleep thinking about Fred that night.