<fifty five.>

"ERNIE? I doubt Ernie Macmillan wants you dead

"ERNIE? I doubt Ernie Macmillan wants you dead." Daphne assured Chase.

"It's true! I got to the common room a minute before curfew and I saw him glaring at me." Chase exclaimed.

Ellie just gave him a look.

"Chase, calm down." Ellie said.

"Yeah, trust me I've been partnered up with him before and he is harmless. He's annoying, but harmless." Daphne advised and Ellie chuckled.

Chase looked over and sighed.

"There he is. Of course he's with Hannah Abott. They're a dynamic duo." Chase exclaimed.

The three of them looked at the two.

They looked like they were in the middle of having an intense conversation.

"I'll tell you one thing for sure. Ernie has great hair." Daphne spoke and Chase looked at her. "What! It's true."

"What about my hair?" Chase asked.

"You could work on it a bit." Daphne exclaimed.

"Hey!" Chase shot.

Ellie saw Ernie look over for a second, her eyes widened and she gave a small wave and he waved back. Then Ellie quickly faced Daphne and Chase.

"You guys need to stop fighting." Ellie shot.

"Ellie, you have to be honest with me. Do you think that's ever going to happen?" Daphne asked.

Ellie just rolled her eyes and Chase gave a glare.

"What did Ernie do now?" Daphne asked.

"It's not Ernie. It's Fred." Chase exclaimed. Ellie looked over and Fred had walked in with George.

"I can't believe you guys would hide that from me." Daphne exclaimed.

"Sorry." Chase apologized, then looked over. "At least they're leaving tomorrow for winter holiday."

"Yeah." Ellie agreed softly.

Then she saw Fred whisper something to Ernie and Hannah.

She saw Ernie nod and then someone tapped her.

"Hey." Mace greeted her.

"Hey." Ellie said.

"Can I sit?" Mace asked.