~fourteen.~

ELLIE looked in the mirror and stared at herself

ELLIE looked in the mirror and stared at herself. Her second year at Hogwarts. Ellie was happy to go back. Yes she would miss her parents. She just felt homesick without Hogwarts. Even if she was only there for a year.
She quickly stared at a pile of all the letters she received over the summer.
2 from Neville.
5 from Cedric.
7 from Daphne.
9 from Chase.
And 11 from Jane.
It was 5:30. Ellie wouldn't have to be awake for another hour but she couldn't sleep. She could never sleep on the night before the first day of school. She decided to go downstairs and go to the kitchen.
However she wasn't alone.
"Brandon?" Ellie questioned.
"Hi." Brandon spoke. He was eating something. Ellie didn't even have to guess. Grapes.
"What are you doing up?" Ellie asked, leaning on the table.
"Oh I'm just here for a midnight snack." Brandon exclaimed.
Ellie just stared at him.
"Brandon it's 5:30." Ellie corrected. Brandon ended up staring at her blankly.
"It is?" Brandon asked.
"Yes." Ellie answered.
"Oh shoot I have to pack!" Brandon shot and ran towards his room. Ellie just chuckled and grabbed an apple.
Just then Ellie heard someone walking.
"Ellie?" Mr.Smith asked.
"Hi dad." Ellie spoke.
"Sweetie it's 5:30 you should be asleep." Mr.Smith spoke.
"Why are you up then?" Ellie questioned.
Mr.Smith just smiled at her. He had gotten a new job at the ministry and he had been on the Daily Prophet.
Attention: Benjamin Smith Has Joined the Ministry!
Written by: Rita Skeeter
Ellie never liked the ministry she had told her father about it. He just told her that his job should only be talked about with adults.
Which made Ellie annoyed. Mostly because Ellie thought the ministry was stupid.
"Work." He replied. Ellie just rolled her eye and put her apple back. "You're not going to eat?" Her dad asked.
"No thanks I think I'll try to get a few minutes of sleep." Ellie responded and walked back to her room.
Ellie quickly walked inside and heard a noise. It was coming from the window. She looked over and saw an owl.
Ellie walked over and opened the window. She first examined the owl to make sure he wasn't hurt. Then she saw a letter attached to the owl's tiny legs.
She quickly grabbed it and saw the envelope. The handwriting was a bit difficult to read but she then realized who it was from.
To: Elle
From: Fred
Ellie smiled as she teared the letter carefully.
Dear Elle,
Hey now I know what you're thinking. Why is this idiot to writing me? I just wanted to say that I hope you had a nice holiday and I can't wait to see you at Hogwarts.
P.S George is a nightmare he won't shut up.
Sincerely,
Fred.
Ellie smiled at the letter and added it to her pile. She grabbed all the letters and put them in a box.
She was excited to see all her friends again. She walked into Brandon's room and got some food for the owl. She gave the owl the food and the owl quickly ate it. Which made Ellie chuckle.
She pet the owl and it went off to wherever Fred Weasley lived.
Ellie remembered his name being Errol. Only because the twins were once complaining about how stupid the bird was.
Ellie sighed and went back into her bed and got under the covers. She looked at the time again.
5:37
She sighed again and thought about how annoying her new D.A.D.A teacher was going to be.
Gilderoy Lockhart.
Personally Ellie thought he was a fraud and a coward. Rosie however thought he was charming. Which made Ellie disgusted.
She quickly put the thought at the back of her mind and drifted off to sleep. Which only lasted 30 minutes, because Brandon dropped something in his room.
"Brandon! You woke me up!" Ellie heard Rosie yell.
"It's not my fault you're such a light sleeper!" Brandon yelled.
"Kids stop yelling!" Mr.Smith shouted.
"Sorry!" Brandon and Rosie yelled in unison.