|three.|

WHEN Brandon sat at the great hall he saw that Ellie was sitting by herself no sign of Jane or Chase to be seen

WHEN Brandon sat at the great hall he saw that Ellie was sitting by herself no sign of Jane or Chase to be seen. So being the good older brother he is he decided to sit with her.
"Hey, where are your buddies?" Brandon asked, causing Ellie to chuckle as she closed her book.
"Jane is in the library probably fighting with Hermione Granger to take out Hogwarts a History. While Chase is sitting with this one Hufflepuff boy Cedric Diggory." Ellie explained causing Brandon's eyes to widen.
"The Cedric Diggory!" Brandon said shocked.
"Did I say any other name." Ellie said sarcastically as Brandon rolled his eyes.
"It's just the guys a legend!" Brandon said, causing Ellie to just look at him weirdly.
"What." Ellie said, confused which caused Brandon to have a shocked face.
"He's a really good quidditch player." Brandon explained, while Ellie just looked at him with a face saying 'I don't care' which caused Brandon to roll his eyes again.
After a few more minutes of chatting a few heads of red hair walked towards the Ravenclaw table. Which caused Brandon and Ellie to just look at each other.
"Hey Pigtails." Fred said. Ellie just rolled her eyes at the silly nickname.
"What do you want, Weasley's?" Ellie said sharply.
"Well you know our brother Ron right?" George asked, pointing to the fellow first year.
All Ron did was smile awkwardly.
"Yes.Why?" Ellie asked, starting to get annoyed while Brandon was just observing everything.
"Well you see..." Fred started.
"He forgot to do the potions homework..." George continued.
"So we were wondering if you could give him the answers!" The twins said in unison.
"No." Ellie said quickly. Which caused George to give Fred a I told you so look, while Fred just shrugged.
"Oh come on Emily please." Ron begged.
"Ellie." Ellie corrected him.
"Isn't that what I said?" Ron questioned.
Which caused the twins to facepalm themselves.
"Still no." Ellie shot.
"Aw man. Now Hermione is going to be all up my arse!" Ron said causing Ellie to chuckle.
"Well Pigtails we have to get going." Fred said.
"Yeah we got loads of pranks to do!" George said, with an evil grin.
Which caused Ron to look horrified.
"See you around!" The twins said in unison.
Still leaving Ron with a horrified look.
The three boys left and then Brandon gave Ellie a smirk.
"What?" Ellie asked, with a smile.
"Pigtails?" Brandon questioned, as Ellie rolled her eyes and let out a tiny grin.
"I don't know it's something he came up with." Ellie shrugged but Brandon continued to smirk.
"If I didn't know better I would think he liked you." Brandon encouraged.
"I doubt that. He's way too old!" Ellie said. Which caused Brandon to roll his eyes.
"So you're calling me old?" Brandon asked.
"Yes." Ellie muttered.
"Whatever, I still think it's kind of cute. I would beat him up if he did, but still cute." Brandon explained causing Ellie to laugh.
"Brandon, you're being ridiculous. I'm just a tiny first year too him and he's an annoying third year to me." Ellie stated, starting to pack up her things.
"Sure, sure whatever you say sis." Brandon said, helping his sister.
—————————
FRED and his brothers left Ravenclaw table and Ron then looked at him oddly.
"Fred why did you suggest we ask Emily?" Ron asked.
"Ellie." Fred corrected him.
"What did I say?" Ron asked, confused.
"You said Emily." George exclaimed.
Ron then finally realized her name was Ellie and not Emily.
"Whatever. Still why did you suggest asking?" Ron asked again.
Causing Fred to roll his eyes while George smiled a cheeky grin widely.
"It's because he fancies her." George teased, causing Ron to gasp.
"You do! I don't blame him, she's cute." Ron blurted causing Fred to hit Ron's head. Which made Ron groan.
"I do not! And don't talk about Pigtails like that." Fred stated.
"Then why are you getting so defensive?" George queried.
"I am not getting defensive!" Fred blurted, turning red.
"Ok sure whatever you say Freddie." George exclaimed,patting Fred on the back.
"Shut up." Fred protested at his brother, and then looked at Ron. "I only suggested Pigtails because she's smart that's it." Fred explained.
"Oh ok. Why do you call her Pigtails then?" Ron asked. Causing Fred to get annoyed.
"Stop asking me questions Ron." Fred murmured.
"Ok." Ron said, quickly turning to George.
"George are you excited for quidditch?" Ron asked his other brother.
While the two boys chatted Fred couldn't stop thinking about Ellie.
Did he like her?
He didn't like her.
Did he?
No.
Of course not.
She's a first year.
He simply found her as a cute tiny first year.
But what does she mean to him?
Fred couldn't help but wonder what she thought of him.
She could hate him for what he knows.
When Fred thought about that his heart dropped.
"But why do I care so much?" Fred thought.
Fred then came to a conclusion that he was overthinking things. Trying to put the girl and the thought at the back of his head. Mostly the thought. But he couldn't seem to.
But he didn't mind.
After all she was a cute tiny first year.
In his mind.
————————
JANE went up to Ellie and pat her on the shoulder causing Ellie to turn around and smile at her.
"Hey." Ellie greeted.
"What is this Brandon tells me that I was probably fighting with Hermione Granger today?" Jane asked.
"We both know that you were. Did you get the book?" Ellie asked and Jane nodded with a smile.
"Yep. She really sucks at wizards chess." Jane exclaimed with a smile.
"You guys played wizards chess?" Ellie queried, with a smile.
"No. As soon as I mentioned it her eyes widened and she said I could take out the book." Jane said,
causing the two girls to laugh.
"Hey!" Chase said as he went up to the girls out of breath.
"Why are you out of breath?" Jane asked, while she gave him a look.
"Oh Cedric taught me how to play quidditch. He says I may even make it on the team next year!" Chase exclaimed, gasping for breath.
"I'm happy for you Chase that's amazing." Ellie said with a huge smile and Chase grinned.
Unfortunately Jane broke the happy moment.
"You do realize how dangerous quidditch is right? I mean I've heard the Weasley twins are brutal beaters!" Jane shrieked.
"Yeah but that just means that I have to practice more. There's no harm in that." Chase remarked.
"Don't listen to her Jane's just a party pooper." Ellie joked. Which made Jane roll her eyes.
"Speaking of the Weasley twins, what's up with one of them calling you Pigtails?" Chase asked Ellie.
"I don't know." Ellie stated.
Which was the truth.
Sort of.
She does love doing pigtails and wears pigtails 24/7.
But that doesn't mean she enjoyed being called by her hairstyle.
"Huh. Can I call you that?" Chase asked.
"No." Ellie shot.
"Ok.Please don't hurt me!"Chase spat.
Ellie and Jane just started to chuckle at him.
"I mean it is kind of funny when he calls you Pigtails." Jane smirked.
Ellie rolled her eyes at the statement.
Ellie knew that Fred only did it to mess with her but it still kind of made her annoyed.
But she did laugh only occasionally.
Just then some random Hufflepuff came up to Chase and Chase smiled widely.
"Hi Cedric." Chase said happily.
"Hey Chase, you left your herbology book on the field." Cedric exclaimed, with a cheeky grin and handing the book back too Chase.
Chase looked up at him in awe.
"Thanks Cedric." Chase thanked, again very happily.
"Your welcome kiddo." Cedric said and ruffled Chase's hair and left.
"He seems like a good friend." Ellie acknowledged.
"He really is, and he's so cool!" Chase advised.
"He does seem like a good person, but that doesn't mean I like him." Jane admitted, just causing Chase to smile.
"As long as you guys think he's ok then i'm glad." Chase said with a huge smile.
"I have to go to the library. I'll see you guys later." Ellie informed her two friends and went straight to the library.
—————————
WHILE Ellie was sitting in the library doing some of her charms homework she saw a flash of platinum blonde hair. Which made her roll her eyes.
The annoying Draco Malfoy.
"Well, look who it is. Ellie Smith." Draco Malfoy sneered, as he walked right near her table.
"Wow i'm shocked you didn't bring your little toys here." Ellie snarled, causing Draco to give her a glare.
She was talking about dumb and dumb.
Crabbe and Goyle.
"At least my father married a pure blood." Draco spoke, causing Ellie to look up at him.
"I could honestly care less about your family Malfoy." Ellie said.
Which caused Draco to go silent and Ellie smiled.
"Why are you smiling?" Draco demanded.
"I'm smiling because I just realized that I'm talking to someone who acts like a five year old." Ellie exclaimed, causing Draco to scoff.
"Wait until my father..." Draco started but Ellie cut him off.
"Yeah, yeah wait until my father hears about this. You act like you've never said that to me." Ellie informed, causing Draco to roll his eyes.
"Well you see Smith one thing you will never realize and never have is an amazing family pureblood reputation anymore because of your stupid mother." Draco sneered as he said that.
"One thing I do know is that my parents love each other." Ellie spat, as she grabbed her things like nothing and walked away.
And this left Draco dumbfounded.
Then little innocent Neville Longbottom tapped her on the shoulder.
"Um excuse me?" Neville Longbottom asked.
"Yes Neville." Ellie said with a smile.
"I- I just wanted to say you were really brave sticking up to Malfoy." Neville stuttered causing Ellie to smile at him.
Neville wasn't the bravest boy but he was a better person than Draco overall.
"Oh that was nothing." Ellie admitted because Draco had said worse.
"Oh I know I just wanted to ask you something else." Neville admitted shyly looking at the floor.
"Um sure what is it?" Ellie asked, causing Neville to look up.
"C- Can we be friends?" Neville asked and Ellie just smiled.
"Of course." Ellie replied.
Which caused Neville to look up in shock with a smile.
"Really!" Neville cheered and Ellie giggled.
"Yeah I mean who wouldn't want a friend like you Neville." Ellie said, and Neville just smiled.
This was going to be one heck of a friendship.
——————————
"YOU seriously befriended Neville Longbottom!" Jane exclaimed. Shocked because she knew how stupid the boy could be.
"What's so wrong with Neville?" Chase asked.
"Nothing." Jane murmured.
"What is it?" Ellie shot out, causing Jane to look at the floor.
"He's better at herbology than me." Jane mumbled.
"I'm sorry what was that?" Ellie asked, knowing what she said she just wanted to hear Jane admit it again.
"Fine! The twats better at herbology than me." Jane spat, making Chase and Ellie chuckle.
"You know he could probably teach you right." Chase suggested. Smiling as usual.
"Shut up." Jane said.
"Ok." Chase replied, causing Ellie to snort.
"Hey kiddos!" Rosie said as she walked by them.
"H-Hi Rosie." Chase stuttered, blushing madly.
"Hi Chase." Rosie replied with a huge smile.
"Rosie I have a question." Jane said turning to the girl.
"Ask ahead." Rosie answered.
"Do you fancy anyone?" Jane asked, causing Rosie to blush and Ellie to look at her.
"Don't you think that's kind of a personal question?" Rosie asked.
"Maybe. But just answer." Jane insisted.
"Maybe but he doesn't know me." Rosie said,looking down.
Ellie knew that Rosie felt bad for Chase.
Ellie had told Rosie that Chase has a crush on her because she didn't want Rosie to accidentally lead him on.
So when Chase's face fell Ellie patted  his back.
"Who is it?" Jane asked.
"Jane please stop." Ellie ordered, causing Jane to put her hands up in defense.
Rosie left and Chase just started to have tears in his eyes.
"Chase." Ellie said, looking worried for her friend.
"It's ok I knew she'd never fancy me." Chase admitted, then his face lit up.
"Actually I don't feel sad because I know that me and Rosie will date in the future. I'm sure of it!" Chase said confidently.
"Ok buddy, I think Cedric is calling you." Ellie said, as she pointed towards the older Hufflepuff boy.
As Chase left Ellie turned to Jane.
"Why did you do that?" Ellie asked.
"It was because I didn't want Chase to get hurt." Jane replied simply.
"What do you mean?" Ellie asked.
"I know that they are definitely going to date in the future everyone can see it." Jane stated.
"Huh?" Ellie asked, confused.
"I only did it because if they dated now and they broke up it would be awkward in the future." Jane revealed.
Which led Ellie to realize she was right.
"No wonder you're in Ravenclaw!" Ellie chimed, causing her and Jane to smile.
Ellie started to zone out for a couple of seconds a certain redhead came in her mind. She quickly got out of her trance by clearing the boy from her mind.
Even though she didn't really mind.
That much.
——————————
ELLIE walked in the Ravenclaw common room to see that Rosie was sitting alone because everyone else was at dinner.
"Hey." Ellie said. Sitting down next to her on the couch.
"Hey." Rosie replied.
"You okay?" Ellie asked, noticing that Rosie's eyes were red and puffy probably from crying.
"No." Rosie replied, hugging a pillow and looking at her sister.
"Why do you feel so bad that you don't like Chase?" Ellie questioned quickly.
"I don't know, I just feel so bad." Rosie exclaimed.
"That's kind of weird." Ellie said,with a chuckle.
"I don't know, I guess I just felt bad because I know how he feels." Rosie muttered quietly.
"What do you mean?" Ellie asked Rosie.
"The guy I like is a year older and I know he'd never like me back." Rosie replied, and then looked at her sister with a smile.
"Well who is he?" Ellie questioned.
"He's a Slytherin his name is Jake." Rosie replied.
"It's ok." Ellie said, hugging her sister to comfort her.
Ellie didn't personally know Jake but she had seen him before.
But she wouldn't consider him her type she's not really into blondes.
Just then the common room opened and Brandon came in looking at his sisters.
"There you are, I was looking all over for you two!" Brandon announced, causing the girls to giggle.
"What wrong?" Brandon asked, sitting next to Rosie and staring at her.
"Boys." The two girls sighed and said in unison.
"Do you want me to beat them up?" Brandon asked.
"No. It's ok Brandon really." Rosie said, staring at her brother.
Brandon looked at her for a second and just nodded and Rosie left to go back to the dorms.
"So what really happened?" Brandon asked.
"You'll find out soon." Ellie replied.
Brandon just rolled her eyes at her.
"So want to find out some third year drama?" Brandon queried, and Ellie nodded.
It turns out one third year has a crush on this one girl but doesn't want to admit it.
"Who is it?" Ellie questioned.
"You'll find out soon." Brandon mocked, causing Ellie to roll her eyes.
"Touché." Ellie admitted, her and her brother laughing.
"You know I don't think Rosie should be crying over the boy." Brandon declared.
"Yeah but she's also on her..." Ellie started.
"Ok!I get it. Hormones." Brandon replied, causing Ellie to laugh.
Even though Rosie had it last week it was a good excuse.
"Oh what's the matter you don't like hearing about what girls go through once a month." Ellie teased, and Brandon rolled his eyes.
"Wait. I don't even think you have yours yet." Brandon protests.
"I don't. It's  just funny seeing you horrified talking about girls cycles." Ellie simply replied.
"Ok. Ok I get it!" Brandon said, waving off.
"Oh stop it." Ellie said, rolling her eyes at how immature her brother was.
"I'm just glad your hormones aren't kicking in. I don't want two boy crazy sisters." Brandon stayed.
"You're more hormonal than me and Rosie combined!" Ellie protested.
"I know." Brandon said, ruffling Ellie's hair.
"Ugh, are you kidding. I have to fix my pigtails again!" Ellie scoffed.
"Oh don't be so over dramatic." Brandon said.
"Whatever." Ellie said, finishing fixing her pigtails thinking about a redhead for a second.
Only a second.
But Ellie didn't mind when a tiny smile went across her lips and Brandon just gave her a look.
And Ellie then went to her dorm and fell into a nice sleep on her bed.
And she had a dream about her very first day of Hogwarts.