Chapter 30

This time it wasn't Harry who entered the meeting late. It was Louis.

They all looked up as Louis trudged through the door, his hands in his pockets, head down and a cigarette tucked behind his ear.

"Louis? What the fuck?" Simon glared.

"You really need to stop greeting people like that." Louis huffed. "But hello."

"You're 20 minutes late."

"Surely you've figured out by now to stop being rude though." Louis rolled his eyes, sitting down.

"Simon, shut your mouth before you say anything else." Zayn added, Simon glaring at him.

Harry frowned at Louis's demeanor as he drew his knees up to his chest, flipping Simon off as he opened his mouth. It was much like he had been the other day.

"You lot are getting too cocky for your own good. Anyway, you lot are due one of your little trips to write."

"We know." Louis stated bluntly. "We've got it sorted."

"When are you going? And where?"

"2 weeks. France."

"Okay, Louis, what is wrong with you today? Why are you being so rude and blunt?" Simon scowled.

"Nothing." Louis dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "Just a bit fed up of you. Right stop talking to me if you don't want me to talk back because you should know by now that it's an auto response."

"Well you need to learn to control it."

//

"You alright?" Harry asked as he sat down next to Louis, not getting a response. "Louis?"

"Hm?"

"I said are you alright?"

He gave a small nod before turning to face Harry. "Yeah, I'm fine. What makes you think I'm not?"

"You just don't seem so...sunny?"

"Sunny?" Louis tilted his head.

"Yeah. You're usually like the sun. Like, all bright and you make people happy. But you seem a bit quiet and dull. Like the clouds covered you." Harry rambled quietly.

"Oh. Well, I suppose the clouds have covered me a bit today." He shrugged, "even the sun has bad days." He attempted to make a joke, though his smile didn't reach his eyes and Harry didn't laugh.

"What's wrong?"

"Just a shitty day. Missing mum and Fizz more than usual and Eleanor won't leave me alone."

"I'm sorry about your mum and Fizzy." He frowned, "and what's Eleanor doing?"

Louis held out his phone with a huff, Harry scanning his eyes over the messages.

'Louis.'
'Lou'
'Louuu'
'answer me for gods sake'
'i want to give us another try'
'i think it would be good for both of us'

Then a 'I'm gay.' from Louis which made Harry laugh a bit.

'youre disgusting'
'why the fuck would you do that to yourself?'
'and me?'

"Um, is she aware being gay isn't disgusting, or a choice, and you're broken up?"

"I don't think so." Louis huffed. "I'm so fed up today."

"Do you need a hug?" Harry asked quietly.

"Yeah, I do actually." Louis shrugged, biting his lip. And Harry could tell he was holding back tears by the way his eyes shone and his voice tightened.