Chapter 24

Harry let a real smile fall onto his face as he pulled his fluffy coat around as his waist. The wind blew in his face, ruffling his hair and making his face go all tingly and slightly numb. It felt so good to have the wind in his face and suddenly he couldn't stop grinning. He felt so fucking alive.

Louis watched after him with a smile. Harry looked so happy and free. He made a mental note to make him go for a walk if Harry was ever feeling like shit and Louis was around.

"He looks fucking ecstatic." Niall laughed, running after Harry. "Harry, do you want to hold my hand and skip with me?"

"Okay." Harry agreed, taking Niall's hand and skipping along next to him.

"Oh my god." Liam laughed, "they're cute."

Louis glared at him out of the corner of his eye, Zayn barking out a laugh as he observed the look Louis sent Liam.

"Don't worry mate, he doesn't mean like that. Plus, remember Niall is foodasexual."

"Shut up. I wasn't thinking that."

"Sure." Zayn winked, nudging him.

Harry span around as Niall ran off. His cheeks and nose were bright pink and his smile was incredibly wide. His tousled hair blew against his forehead as he pulled his coat around him again. "I love it out here."

"I can tell."

"I don't want to leave. I wanna stay happy forever."

"You will be." Zayn rested a hand on Harry's arm.

"Maybe." Harry shrugged. "I'm going to paddle."

"You're going to- you're going to what now?" Louis spluttered out, "Harry, it's winter."

"I know but I want to paddle."

"Let the boy paddle." Niall called.

Harry took his shoes off, rolling his trousers up as he walked towards the small stream.

"You're going to freeze."

"It's okay." Harry grinned.

"Is he drunk?" Liam raised his eyebrows.

"No." Louis shook his head, "just weird."

Harry let out a high pitched squeal as he dipped one foot into the water, "fuck!"

"You sure you still want to paddle?" Louis smirked.

"Positive."

"Alright." Louis took his coat off, placing it on the ground before sitting down and watching Harry.

Liam, Niall and Zayn do the same, watching Louis as he watched Harry with that fond look that would come out rarely.

Harry splashed about, kicking the water up with a smile on his face. He reminded Louis of a toddler, innocent and carefree, but he knew once they were home Harry would no longer be like that.

"Harry, mind-!" Louis called but he was too late, trying not to laugh as Harry came tumbling down, water flying up around him. Thank god he'd taken that fluffy coat off.

"Fuck! Fucking shitting hell! Cold! So cold!" Harry jumped up as laughter rang out. "It's cold." He repeated with a pout on his face.

"Come on." Liam chuckled, "come up here. And it's probably better if you take off your wet top and just put your coat on."

"No." Harry shook his head.

"You're going to freeze."

"It's okay." Harry shrugged, "it's too cold to take it off."