Chapter 26

"Hi mum." Harry smiled as he opened the door. "Do you like my door?"

"Your door? I haven't looked at your door darling." Anne raised her eyebrows.

"You were out there long enough whilst I was coming to answer the door though."

"I was looking at the little hedgehog statue you have out there. It's cute."

"Thank you." Harry grinned, "got it from the garden centre. Now look at my door." He opened it again, "I painted it."

"It looks lovely sweetheart." She looked to Harry in amusement. Harry would often get obsessed over certain things, and when he did he would be sure to show everyone he trusted. Not that he seemed to trust many people anymore.

"Do you like the colour? It's green."

"I thought it was brown." She said sarcastically, nudging Harry lightly.

"Heyyy." Harry pouted.

"Can I come in. Or do I have to stay and stare at your door?"

He beckoned for her to come in, immediately going to make a cup of tea.

"How've you been then?"

"Um, better? I guess. I don't know. Um, you know my depression, um the other week I couldn't get out of bed and stuff. And I yeah. Um, Louis, he came over and he helped me."

"Ah," Anne's expression went from sympathetic to cold at the mention of Louis, "Louis. How is he?"

She had always felt a motherly connection with Louis, however when the boys had just left Harry an immediate distaste struck her. After all, they had hurt her only son, and he hadn't really been the same since.

Harry shrugged, "good." Harry settled next to his mum.

"Just good?"

"I don't really know what to say."

"How are the rest of them?"

"Good." Harry repeated.

"And how are they acting towards you?"

"Good. Um, they're being nice. It's weird though. Not how it used to be. I don't trust them and we're not friends really."

"That's understandable. It's going to be hard to forgive them after what they did." Anne nodded.

"I don't think I'll be able to forgive them. I mean, I might be able to, but, I won't be able to forget. Can we talk about something else? How are you?"

"I'm doing good thank you darling. I miss you two of course, and I wish I could see you more often but otherwise I'm fine."

"Um, hello..." A quiet voice announced a new presence in the room. Harry jumped, spinning around quickly, Anne following his gaze.

"Oh, Louis, hi. Um, how did you get in?" Harry stood up, walking over to him.

"You left your front door open." Louis crossed his hands in front of him, several pieces of paper in his hand, as his eyes flittered between the floor and Anne. "I was just dropping off these lyrics and music. Um, I'll go now."

"Why don't you come and join us?" Anne suddenly spoke up, both of the boys looking at her.

"Um, I dunno, I think I gotta go."

"Come on, I insist."

"I can stay for a little while I suppose." Louis muttered with a shrug, moving forward, following Harry.

Harry just pointed to the chair, Louis sitting down awkwardly as Harry went to make a cup of tea.

"So Louis, how are you?"