Chapter 16

"Um, I'm gonna get going." Harry told them, "need to get home soon."

"Wait, can I come back with you? Niall took me here but it's a bit of of his way."

"Oh, yeah. Sure." Harry nodded, "are you ready to leave now?"

"Yeah, let me just grab my bags." Louis rushed upstairs, grabbing what he could and making his way back down.

"Do you need me to grab the others?" Harry offered.

"Please!" Louis called out as he made his way out to the car.

"God, he doesn't half over pack does he?" Liam laughed as Harry came down with another two bags.

"I know." Harry let out a small chuckle. "Always did over pack though, didn't he? I'll see you soon then."

"Yeah, bye mate." Niall smiled, moving to give him a hug as Harry put down the bags. Harry awkwardly returned the hug, as he did with Liam and Zayn, before making his way to the car.

//

"Sick, you have cds in here. Can I put one on?" Louis bounced excitedly in his seat.

"You're like a little kid." Harry shook his head in amusement, "go ahead."

"What's this?" Louis held up a blank cd, Harry glancing at it out or the corner of his eye.

"No, no, you can't put that one on."

"What is it?"

"It's my songs, just, it's my ones I haven't released. Ones nobody's heard."

"I wanna listen to them."

"You can't. They're really personal."

"Okay." Louis nodded, he understood where Harry was coming from, "oh my god, you have our albums! I'm putting one on."

Harry groaned, "really? There are so many other options."

"I know, but we're better really, aren't we?" Louis shrugged, "which album?"

"I don't mind."

"I'll just do Made In The A.M. then? I'll probably remember more of the lyrics."

"I'm not singing mind." Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Oh don't be a spoilsport." Louis pouted, "our voices always sounded good together."

"Still not singing."

"Please." Louis begged, "pretty please."

"Only my parts." Harry gave in.

"And we do Liam's and Niall's together?"

"Maybe."

Louis grinned at him, putting the album on.

"Wait, no, it's my part first. Skip the song."

Louis did as Harry said, giggling as his voice rang out first again. "Fuckin' hell, skip it again."

"It's me this time." Louis laughed as he began to sing.

Harry let a small smile rest upon his face as he listened to Louis sing. He joined in quietly on his part, his voice shaking slightly.

And as they both sang together he swear he could've cried. It was almost like old times.

"Do you want to come around for a cuppa?" Louis asked once they'd finished singing, turning the music down slightly.

"Oh, I dunno..." Harry said quietly, "I've gotta unpack and all that."