Chapter 17

"Sorry." Harry murmured as he bumped into someone, looking up quickly.

"Harry mate! Hi!" Niall grinned.

"Oh, Niall. Hi. How are you?" Harry shifted on his feet, holding his basket in front of him.

"I'm good, what about you?"

"I'm good." Harry nodded.

Niall suddenly grabbed a potato, turning around and putting it in Harry's basket, causing Harry to raise his eyebrows.

"Okay?"

"It's a potato mate." Niall explained.

"I think I know what a potato is. May I ask why you put it in my basket?"

"Cause you need a potato." He said it like it was obvious, "what else are you meant to make chips with? Or mash or jacket potato or-"

"Okay, okay. I get the point." Harry let a small smile rest on his face. "I'll get the potato."

Niall shot him a grin with a thumbs up. "I'm going to follow you around." Niall told him.

"Why?"

"Because I have nothing better to do and we can talk."

"Okay." Harry nodded. He walked up to the fruit and vegetables, picking up a couple of items as he placed them in the basket.

"You need more than that." Niall spoke up.

"It's alright." Harry shook his head.

"Well we'll stock you up on unhealthy shit instead. Much tastier anyway."

"I, no, I don't need that. Got stuff like that at home." He told him, "it was only a small shop today."

"You mean tiny shop. You got like 3 things."

"Well, I'll get more, just need to, I dunno." Harry took a deep breath, the shop was getting more and more overwhelming with people everywhere, and food all around him. "I think I gotta go."

"Don't you need to pay?" Niall raised an eyebrow.

"I need to put everything back." He made a move to take something out, Niall slapping his hand away.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I, um, it's really um, overwhelming in here. I need air."

"Did you come in your car?"

Harry nodded.

"Go and wait in there, I'll finish this up for you."

"But-"

"Just go and do it Harry." Niall nodded towards the door, Harry nodding before heading towards it.

He sat in his car, bringing his knees to his chest and resting his forehead upon them as he struggled to take deep breaths. Since when was shopping for food such a difficult task for him?

He was extremely thankful his windows were blacked out as he began to cry softly. He hated how hard everyday tasks had become. And he hated how pathetic he was about everything.

When Niall knocked on the passenger window he wiped his tears away before unlocking the door and leaning across, pushing it open.

Niall opened the back door, putting the bags in before sitting in the front with Harry, who looked at him in confusion.

"I'm not expecting a lift anywhere, don't worry. Just wanted to talk to you a minute."

"Thank you for that. How much do I owe you?"