Chapter 35

"Harryyyy, pleaseee." Louis pouted, splashing Harry with the pool water.

"Nooooo." Harry replied in the same tone.

"But you've not been in at all yet."

"I'm sorry, I just don't really fancy it." Harry said, forcing a smile. He fucking hated lying.

"Well when are you gonna fancy it? You can't go the whole two weeks without swimming."

"I just...I don't really like swimming much now." He shrugged.

Louis tilted his head, swimming up to the edge and resting against it. "But don't you want to come in to cool off?"

"I'm alright, honestly. Can we drop it?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry. Okay." Louis frowned, sensing Harry getting uncomfortable.

"It's okay, I just, yeah..." Harry shrugged. "Do you want a beer?"

"Yes please." Louis nodded.

Harry went into the kitchen, taking out two beers. He leaned against the counter for a couple of seconds, taking deep breaths. He still had another week and a bit left, and he was being questioned about why he wasn't going in.

After a minute or two he made his way back outside, passing Louis the beer as he sat on the edge of the pool.

"Might go to sleep in a bit." Harry spoke, more to himself than anyone else.

"What time is it?"

"9." Harry spoke. "Dunno if I'll be able to sleep though."

"I'll finish this then have a shower and get into bed so I don't wake you if you're already asleep."

Harry nodded, he only drunk half the beer before getting up and ready for bed. He glanced at his washbag, knowing his blade was sat in there, but he shook his head.

"No Harry, no. Louis's gonna be wanting to come in any minute." He murmured to himself, hurrying up with washing his face before rushing out of the bathroom and sitting on the bed.

Louis soon walked through the door, walking into the bathroom. He began singing to himself, Harry smiling softly as he listened in on Louis's singing. He pulled out his phone, texting his mum and Gemma back before just staring out the window.

Before Harry even realised, Louis had bolted across the room and flinging himself onto the bed, bursting out into laughter.

Harry huffed, "I was gonna ask you to shut the curtains."

Louis just clambered over Harry, shutting the curtains before jumping back onto the bed.

Harry pulled the covers over himself, rolling onto his tummy and resting his head in the crook of his arm.

Louis lay on his side, not cuddling with Harry but not distancing himself as such. He was rested against Harry, his face against Harry's arm and legs brushing against Harry's legs.

The next morning Louis woke up to a surprisingly empty bed. Most days when they awoke they were entangled with eachother, but today Harry was nowhere to be seen.

Louis sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes before standing up and grabbing one of his oversized jumpers. He pulled it on, not bothering with trousers- he had boxers on anyway- and looking around their room.

He noticed their door was slightly ajar, the curtains a bit askew where Harry must have slipped out.

He pushed the curtains aside, plodding outside where he soon spotted Harry, who was sat on the outside sofa.