Chapter 33

Troy's POV

November flew by like a chilly, howling breeze. Ironic isn't it. I got so much finished in November like the lyrics and I was almost done on the recordings in the shed in Liam's backyard. He revamped it a couple weeks ago and gave it a complete overhaul. It used to be cobwebs and spiders, but now it's a recording studio. Kind of.

"Alright Troy, finish this bridge and then we can finally put it together." Liam said with a gleaming smile while opening the music program. It was all too complicated for me, but he makes it look like nothing. All of these sound effects. Like reverb? Earlier I was playing with it behind Liam's back and when he found out, he almost scolded me.

I got up off the velvet ottoman to the recording booth. I took a sip of water before putting on my headphones. "Take 1. Bridge recording in 3...2...1..."

It's finally real

I found my fantasy

"Hold up, hold up." Liam paused, stopping the music. I stepped back to see what was going on.

"What happened?" I asked, putting the head phones back onto the mic stand. I didn't need to be up and close to see that the computer needed to update. FOR THREE HOURS and 32 minutes! What!

"Seriously, couldn't have chosen any other time." Liam groaned and rolled his eyes. I guess this is a good time to tell him about the other song that I pushed to the back of my head.

"While we wait for this inconvenient update, I have another song in my head..." And with that, we got to work. Me and him both were on the couch, with our phones both out, sharing a Google Doc with the lyrics typed out on it. It was a a lot easier to create than my first song if I'm honest. We even got the chorus down in the first hour which was way quicker compared to the first one.

"I think we can finish this before Christmas. Hopefully there won't be another problem." Liam said, referring to the update on the computer.

In the last hours, we basically completed most of the song. Once again, we were stuck on the bridge. It's not that we didn't have the lyrics, it was the melody. It was just complicated okay.

Some time later Devin walked in with food in his hands. He placed the bag down onto the coffee table in front of us then laid down on Liam. His body was sprawled out all over the couch with his head on Liam's lap. The three of us mingled while waiting for his gosh darn computer to load. They talked about moving to New York which really surprised me. Liam always told me that he liked where he was currently. When they asked me to come, I was unsure. I mean I still have to finish high school right? Maybe I can ask Leo to speed up this homeschooling thing. Issac has been pretty distant recently. Okay not distant, more like quiet. He told me he was still pissed about his gang's most prized chemical being leaked and that was the primary thing occupying his mind.

I wasn't very helpful and he refused to let me in on anything gang related which is...fair. Even though someone's not going to a party doesn't mean they don't want to be invited. Whatever...rude.

"It's finally done." Liam jolted up from the couch as soon as he heard the familiar Window's start up sound. That startled Devin awake who was resting on his shoulder.

He clicked a few buttons and launched the program, back to recording we go. He deleted the first take as it was interrupted by the stupid update. "Okay Troy get to your station." I quietly shuffled my way there, catching static with my socks on the shag carpet rug. It wasn't one of my best ideas because when I brought the headphones to my head, the contact my finger made with my hair made me yelp in shock. HA GET IT! SHOCK because....static. I need to stop. "Troy what happened?" Liam turned around to look at me.