Chapter 13

THIS WHOLE CHAPTER HAS BEEN SCREAMING THIS SONG AT ME. PLX GIVE IT A LISTEN or play it in the background. In case you want to play it in the background, but don't want to deal with the obnoxious Wattpad video format where it randomly starts playing, it's called 'Meteor Shower' by Owl City.

The tension was high. The only thing that could be heard was the car zooming past landscape. Any thoughts of futile escape were out of picture, now that Troy had a bigger problem. Although hurling himself out of the zooming vehicle was a quick and easy leave, he wanted to atone or at least try to make up with an angry Issac. He didn't want to make another blunder which would only end up in another spiteful rant from Issac which would further end up in feelings getting further hurt.

Troy took a deep breath, straightened his posture, and shifted his body as much as the seatbelt would let him.

"I-Issac..." He shakily stuttered. Issac's eyes stayed glued onto the road ahead of them.

"Listen, I know you might be hot headed and still a bit jealous..." Troy started pressing his index fingers as he continued. "But I will be yours, I mean where else will I go." He quietly and awkwardly chuckled. "And I know we both said somethings that we didn't mean. Hopefully. I mean. Erm. I didn't...I didn't mean the things I said, I hope the feeling is mutual." He started choking on his words. "I just want to let you know that I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I just wanted to show my gratitude. I-I hope we can move past this frivolous situation."

The silence was biting him slowly, a bead of nervous sweat slowly trickled down Troy's head. He waited for a response, but gave up after a couple of seconds and shifted his body the other way, facing the window. He watched as every tree passed by in a blur and pretty soon, sleep fell upon him.

Issac was overwhelmed with Troy's apology. An apology sounded so foreign to him since no one in this mafia world was going to sympathize with you if you mess up. You can't apologize for messing up a task. It's either you do it right or die, any ineptitude would have gotten you killed in a blink of an eye. That's how he treated his men and they know that mercy isn't their leader's vocabulary.

You would have to be very special to the mafia leader like a lover. However majority of the time they don't fall in love because that would mean there would a big target on their lover's back, much like earlier. Even if they do; most of their lovers time would be relocated to a very guarded, remote area.

The last time he apologized was to his brother...before his dad made him do the heinous act. It was so reprehensible that Issac's mother killed herself...The trauma resides deep down in his heart today. The night time snuggles with Troy has been the only way he could avoid it. In other words, Troy's presence helped soothe the trauma Issac has been battling with.

Half an hour later, they finally arrived back to the manor. Issac was thinking about carrying Troy in to show him that he wasn't mad, but Troy woke up as soon as the car stopped in the garage. This time when Troy woke up, there was a giant seatbelt mark planted across his face as a result of his poor position sleeping in the car.

Surrounding him were multiple fancy cars, none of which looked familiar to Troy, or the average citizen as a matter of fact. These were one of the many hi-tech cars Issac and The Black Rose possessed. Windows tinted, polished to the 3rd degree, no specs of dirt or dust in sight, and all under the name of Issac Clair.

Show off. He groggily thought.

Troy rubbed his eyes and was about to open the car door, his hands were already on the latch, but Issac got out and to the other side to lift the butterfly door, almost lifting Troy off of the seat as his hand was also on the door latch.