Chapter 36

Troy's POV

It was only a couple of days until Christmas, but Devin and Liam still had a lot of packing to do. Their trip to New York was ruined by our, well I mean his high school's policy about online school. If Liam wanted to continue attending school while pursuing his vigorous move, he would have to stay in the state. He was pretty bummed out that he couldn't move to New York so they settled on L.A. I still questioned his decision every time he brought it up because he had so much going for him here in Santa Clara.

He literally is the star football player on the school's team and he's like the most popular person, but its whatever. They insisted on opening gifts early so they could get a head start on packing. They also offered for me to come to L.A with them, but I know for a fact that Issac wouldn't let me.

I kept Liam's gifts in the nylon bagging the store gave me. He on the other hand, wrapped all my gifts up.

"Troy what the fuck." Liam deadpanned at the gift. He held a look of revulsion and his face was crimson red while Devin was trying his best to stifle a laugh.

"Okay listen, I know it's probably not what you expected at all, but in a way. Isn't it better?" I shrugged, scratching the back of my neck

"I don't know why blondie over here is so upset." Devin made a gesture with his head towards Liam.

"I'm not upset." He whined, standing up from his seat, almost knocking down the garland. "I'm just..." His eyes met everywhere but mines and Devin.

"Embarrassed?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. I picked up my mug of warm apple cider and brought it to my mouth, taking a nice sip.

"A little..." He answered quietly, his eyes staring at the floor.

"Cheer up, thanks to Troy, our first time in L.A will be magical." Devin teased with one arm slung over Liam's hunched shoulders. The other arm held the whip I bought earlier. At least someone was enjoying it, rude.

"Okay Troy, here are your gifts." Liam walked over to the tree to pull out four boxes. The wrapping was questionable. Nonetheless, I got off the stool I was sitting on and made my way towards him. The boxes were pretty heavy, like really heavy.

"Don't tell me you got me coal." I jokingly whined, but deep down I was praying inside that he didn't actually get me coal. I know I've been, well erm. Bad, but not bad...

"Relax," He chuckled. "Just open it." I observed the box intently before peeling away the first gift.

"I helped with the wrapping." Devin mentioned. That probably explained why the packaging was so horrible, but who am I to judge.

It didn't take long for me to unwrap the horrible wrapped gifts. Like seriously how do you mess up wrapping presents. Hello, the internet is there for a reason. I opened the first wrapped gift and I gasped. "You didn't. No, wait. Are you serious right now Liam?!" I half shrieked, half questioned. I looked up to see Liam with his phone out, recording my reaction. I couldn't care less because I was too shocked with my gift.

I've wanted a record player for the longest time. Like the longest. Ever since EM-O-TIONS came out on vinyl. My parents...parents. They never let me because they said that I would just play with it for like a month and then get tired of it. That's not true.

I wonder how they're doing, maybe Issac didn't do anything to them. Maybe they're worried sick...

"I believe a 'thank you' is needed." He smiled. I gave him a weak smile before standing up to pull them both into a deep hug. It wasn't because the gift was so amazing. Actually the gift was amazing, but I did that because...Well. My parents. "Jesus Troy why are you crying?" I didn't even realize I was crying. I pulled away and saw tears stains on Liam's shirt. "I know my gift is awesome, but it's not something you should cry over." He chuckled, reaching into his pocket to pull out a packet of tissues. He handed me one so I could dry my tears.