Chapter 19

Troy's POV

OPMG IM EXCITED TO WRITE IN IN FIRST PERSON POV AGAIN. I MISSED IT AND I REALLY WANTED TO DO IT FOR A WHILE

Issac hauled Liam over his shoulders and we made like Usain and bolted out. All while my throat was being drier than the Sahara Desert. I was really considering going back and drinking the laced water. Spoiler alert, I didn't.

I think Issac understood my ongoing situation with my throat so we strolled in silence. The halls looked so empty and eerie, worse party ever. We didn't even get party favors. As we were nearing the exit, I felt a pair of rough hands wrap around me. I turned around to see Devin, he looked rough and angry. There was a gleam in his eyes which looked horrible. I can't even find the right words to describe it because he grabbed me.

"Iss-" I hoarsely yelled which strained my vocal cords even more. It was enough however to catch his attention as Devin hauled me over his shoulder.

"I told you I'll have you one way or the other." His voice was shaky but showed signs of evil. His elegant posture from earlier was replaced with a sloppy one.

"Troy!" But before Issac could do anything, a Lexan wall was raised from the ground which put a space between me and him. He ran up and punched the wall with all his might, but it only vibrated as a result of the impact. He tried again and again, but it was futile. This glass is impenetrable. "Damn it DEVIN! WE HAD A DEAL!" Issac roared angrily. He looked very very very mad. There's not enough 'very's I could use to describe his expression. His eyes darkened meanwhile Devin was just smiling.

"I'll let you have one last talk with him before I take you." Devin let go of me and I immediately rushed to the wall. His face softened when I stood right in front of him. I placed my hand on the Lexan and he did the same, aligning our palms. The only thing stopping us from touching was the stupid wall.

"Troy I'll get you out of here, I promise." His voice sounded different. I believe sincere is the correct word to describe it.

"It's okay, I know you will." I gave him a reassuring smile, I'm confident he'll get me out. Maybe not now, but he will. I believe in him.

When I said that, I noticed something in his eyes. It was really hard to see because of the transparent sheeting, but it was kind of visible. His eyes were watering.. "Issac don't cry. I know you can do this. Okay listen." I said dryly. I desperately need water now. "Bring Liam somewhere safe. I still have my phone with me, just go back, prepare yourself and then come back. I have faith in you." I whispered the last part, partially because my throat strained when I spoke normally and the other half was because I didn't want Devin to hear that I had my phone with me, but I think he knew. In all honesty I had no idea what I was saying. It just seemed right. "I love you."

"I love you too Troy." I bunched my hand up against the plastic like I was holding Issac's hand. I believe in him..

"Well I hate to ruin the moment, but I say it's time we leave now. Wouldn't you say so Troy?" Issac's eyes almost instantly narrowed towards Devin, his watery eyes faded and all that could be seen was hatred.

"You just wait until I get to you. You're going to regret this." Issac threatened which only made Devin chuckle since he really couldn't do anything in the moment.

"I'll be waiting and when you do come, I'll be prepared." His chuckle turned into a devious smile. Creep. "Now we will be off. C'mon Troy." Issac punched the wall in a fit of anger once again and I flinched at the banging noise. Devin turned me around to walk with him down the ugly hallway. I could feel Issac's eyes on me and when I turned around a little, I was right so I blew him a kiss and patted my pocket revealing my phone bulging out before turning around.