Chapter 1

*flashback*

"Quiet down kiddos. We're almost done with this lesson I know your eager, but we are almost done." The teacher scolded with her pointer stick laying flat in her palm.

*After*

"Once you finish you're work, you will stand up in a orderly manner to grab your  Valentine gift bags from the corner to pass out." The teacher hummed while busily filing the papers on her desk.

Troy was the last one to stand up since he was the last one to finish his work. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he managed to finish.

He grabbed his Valentine cards from the cubby his teacher made him put it in hours prior. He remembered oh so clearly the afternoon he spent making these cards. He made one for everyone even the new kid 'Issac'. At first Troy was debating on giving him one because he was new. He brought his concern up with his mother who scolded him for considering leaving someone out. That and his better judgment led him to create Issac's card.

The day he made Issac's card, he didn't even realize that he spent the most time on his card. He used a plain blue card stock paper decorated with purple and white glitter glue. Issac's card was very special meanwhile everyone else's card looked the same with only one color that filled up the whole sheet of paper.

Troy was passing out his cards and the last one was Issac's. He looked over at his desk and saw that he had nothing, but Issac didn't seem to care, his eyes were glued to the floor. His unwelcoming aura made him second guess, but regardless Troy sucked up every ounce of nervousness in him and approached him. Issac's piercing brown eyes made no attempt to look up, he couldn't bare to even look at another person after what he did weeks prior.

"Hello." He shakily announced.

No response...

"H-here. I made this for you." Troy tried his best to speak confidently, but there was definitely shakiness in his voice. It didn't help that the chatter from the other kids was blocking out his voice. Issac didn't even bother sparing Troy a glance.

Troy slid the card on his desk with a very nervous smile.

"We can be friends if you want." He offered nervously. To Troy's disappointment, Issac was silent. Thinking that he didn't care, he walked off. Issac didn't show it, but he was thrilled that someone actually spent time to do this. He was only a week into his new school and no one bothered to talk to him. When Troy wasn't looking, Issac snatched the card and opened it. Seeing 'Happy Valentines Day!' spelt out in glitter glue. 'To Issac from Troy :)'. Someone who he would never forget. A little smile formed on Issac's face.

The little card temporarily distracted him from the trauma he faced exactly a week ago from today. It reminded him that such innocence still resides in the world. Specifically Troy...

Issac's POV

"I can see that you're awake early." Ferdinand smiled in amusement. "That's a first." He added, leaning against my doorframe

I couldn't sleep. Today was the day I have been waiting for for 12 years now. This felt so exhilarating, I had to play it cool. Although it wouldn't matter because I knew everything about him. His reactions to uncomfortable situations. His daily routine. His favorite food. He can't hide anything from me.

"You didn't sleep last night did you?" He sighed, not surprised. He briefly rested his head against his arm before looking back up.

"Nnnnnope." I chirped while putting on my black leather jacket.