Chapter 24

Third Person POV

Issac woke up extra early so that he could go buy Troy a new phone to replace the one that he lost. He also used that time to go to the cellar where Devin was being kept.

When they got back to the manor, he stripped him of his clothes and chained him to the wall. There on the floor was his splattered blood caused by Issac's beating. This was his compensation, instead of killing him, he would beat the shit out of him. He tried his best to respect Troy's wishes and resist the urge to kill him, but every time he sees him. The desire to just rip out his throat Mortal Kombat style claws at his chest.

It has been a couple weeks after the incident and over the course, Issac has been beating Devin to a pulp everyday. He was cautious to not beat him too much, just enough so that he could survive the next day, and the day after that. He would go at it relentlessly, the fervor never died out until he reminded himself to not kill Devin.

Meanwhile in a different neck of the wood laid a certain blonde. For the past month now all Liam could think about was his very eventful encounter with Devin. He had always considered himself straight so when Devin kept popping up in his mind, he got frustrated.

He sighed and decided to go outside for a breath of fresh air. Issac allowed Troy to talk to Liam now after he established numerous times that they were just friends so when he reached out to the blonde, he was thrilled and confused.

His best friend had went AWOL for a month so he demanded Troy to catch him up on everything. It was a lot and the way Troy explained it made it very confusing, but nonetheless they were together again. Together as friends.

It took a lot of convincing on Troy's end to make Issac allow him to visit Liam and when he did, he wasted no time explaining the song in his head. Every time they got together, the blonde would try and say something about Devin, but the words never came. The feeling was eating at him alive especially when Devin would never come up in their conversation. Whenever he attempted to shift the conversation, Troy shook it off and immediately changed the topic. It was frustrating on his end to not know more about the guy who fascinated him.

Eventually he couldn't take it anymore. Troy and him were sitting on the floor in his room, coming up with lyrics and he groaned of frustration. "I can't take it anymore!" He threw his Macbook onto his bed.

"What do you mean? D-do you think these lyrics are horrible?" Troy stood up immediately to match the blonde.

"No! I'm just so! Ugh!" He let out the most frustrated groan he could muster. "Troy, I know I'm being an ass, but who is Devin!" Liam buried his face into his mattress. He was irritated. Irritated that one guy was able to make him confused with himself. Irritated that that guy was able to live in his head. He desperately needed to know more.

"Devin?" Troy questioned.

"Who else." He mumbled sarcastically. Even though his face was buried in the bed, he could tell his friend's face was flushed.

Troy realized what was going on. Liam likes Devin. He blushed at the thought of the person he held an ungodly reverence for finally liking someone. He remembered clearly when Liam told him back in Sophomore year that he would never develop emotions for anyone. Times have changed.

So I guess he is human. At the same time he was taken back when he realized this. If Liam knew what Devin put him through, he would have definitely retracted his feelings.

Troy was always so scared of Devin especially after that night, but this was Liam. He would throw the whole world away for his best friend. Someone who stuck by him even with his demurring and uninteresting attitude. Someone who took the time out of his day to make sure he spent with him. This left him perpending deeply.