Chapter 16

"The very first time I ever listened to music was my mother singing." His eyes were glued to road as he continued with his story.

"What song?"

"I'm not sure it was a long time ago, but I am sure of one thing. It was the most beautiful and angelic thing I ever heard. This was after I got pricked by a thorn bush that my brother-" Issac realized what he said. His face portrayed a stoic expression.

"Brother? You never- Oh..." This was very new for Troy to see Issac so stoic. It sparked his curiosity even more, but he knew he was already asking for too much when he made Issac talk about his mother.

"Sorry. Anyways." He cleared his voice of all emotions. "I remember running back into my house in tears. Ferdinand tried tending to my wounds, but I smacked him away. My dad told me to stop crying and my brot-" For the second time, he paused.

"Issac...Is there something more that you have yet to tell me?" Troy placed one hand on Issac's shoulder, careful not to apply too much pressure because he didn't want it to affect Issac's driving.

"I'm going to have to tell you one aren't I?"

"Issac you don't need to hide anything from me, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Clearly it's not the time." Troy apologetically said.

"No. I'm just..."

"Issac there's no need to keep goi-"

"My mother went to comfort me and she started singing this lullaby or something along the lines. Like I said I don't remember the words, but I do remember her voice." This was the third time Troy has seen Issac in this state of anguish in their relationship.

"But that doesn't explain why you hate it so much."

"Let me fucking finish." He snapped and when he did, Troy flinched and immediately pulled his hand away. "I'm sorry." He apologized.

"You're fine. It's my bad for pushing to go this far."

"No I think you should know..." He let out a soft sigh before continuing. "She told me that whenever she went through hardship, music had always helped her. I was young and naïve back then and believed her. I thought music was beautiful until she fucking left me. She left me to fend for myself, against my fucking father. Ever since then I've despised music." Troy was left in awe. He couldn't think of anything to say so he sat in silence, but once he finally did, he couldn't voice it as they finally reached the mall. The normal one.

They both stepped out of the vehicle, closing the door at the same time. Troy made his way over to Issac who was on his phone, wrapping his arms around Issac's other arm which wasn't preoccupied.

"Are you ever going to look for her one day?" Troy sincerely asked.

"No." He said, voice dead of emotions.

"Why? I mean don't you want closure?" Issac didn't look up from his phone.

"Why would I want that when I have you." He scoffed, eyes still glued to his phone. This habit of Issac was starting to get under Troy's skin.

"Issac you can't expect this relationship to last forever do you?" That caught his full attention. He shut his phone off so that he could look deep into Troy's eyes. All Troy could see was his pupils which changed from brown to black.

"I do expect to keep this relationship up forever." He tilted his head and wrapped his hands around Troy's chin forcing him to look up.

"But what if you get tired of me or the other way around." Issac's grip around Troy tightened.