Chapter Twenty-Six

Cassiane opened the only window in her room and took a deep breath, filling her lungs with clean air

Cassiane opened the only window in her room and took a deep breath, filling her lungs with clean air. Her head ached from staying up all night to study but she knew it was worth it.

A bunch of voices could be heard from the living room, leading her to the conclusion that her friends had woken up. The woman descended down the stairs and smiled as Remus was quietly chatting with her mother, who applied a new cream on his face.

"Morning."

Remus turned around and gave her a bright smile. "Hey Cassie."

Her mother, Maria did the same. "You're up quite early, Cassiane."

"What are you doing?" She knitted her brows as Maria handed her a plate of pancakes.

"I got my hands on an excellent treatment for Remus and if my colleagues are right, the improvement will be apparent in about a month."

Cassiane proudly looked at her mother. Two months ago, they had all graduated from Hogwarts and they were transported to a so called safe house of the Order. Never in her life had Cassiane thought that her mother and her brother, Philip, would not only join the order, but also dedicate their house in Greece for the training of younger members. However, what warmed her heart was the great relationship between Maria Evans and Remus.

"James and Peter went swimming." Remus informed her as he ate some of his pancakes. "You should go too, if you want."

The brunette shook her head and held his hand. "I promised to spend the day with you Rem." She knew very well that Remus hated the sea, as all of his scars would be visible in bathing suit.

He glanced at her, the corners of his lips twitching. Unfortunately, it soon faded, as Robert Evans entered the room.

For a muggle living in the same house with 12 wizards and witches, Robert was doing very well. He was keen on learning about the Wizarding world, amazed to see the effects of spells and potions and very welcoming. In fact, he found it a lot harder to interact with his daughter's boyfriend.

"Good morning sir." Remus greeted politely and stood up to leave.

"Stay in your seat." Maria commended. "Rob and I will go outside."

"I wanted to have a word with my daughter and Remus, if that's alright."

Cassiane rolled her eyes but nodded, while Remus awkwardly smiled. "No problem sir."

"My wife informed me that the two of you will return to England tomorrow, after your Headmaster's request." The man began. "I also understand that Cassie will start working soon, at that magical hospital. What will you be doing, mister Lupin?"

The werewolf gulped and glanced at Cassiane for a fleeting moment, before replying. "I'm not sure yet, sir."

"What do you mean?"

"Due to my condition sir, I can't work that easily."

"And who's going to support you financially?" Robert wondered.

Cassiane glared at him. "First of all, no one asked you to pay anything. So far, all for your expenses are covered by the Order."

"Fair point." Robert responded. "But how do you plan to handle those transformations?"

Their awkward conversation was interrupted by a loud noise from the training room. Remus grabbed his wand and stormed inside, only to find Marlene wrestling with a redhead man.

Gideon and Fabian Prewett, two of the Order's most skilled wizards had been the teenagers' mentors. Occasionally, they could be quite cheerful.

"I definitely won." Marlene claimed as she gave her hand to help Fabian stand up.

"You're lucky we agreed not to use our wands, Miss McKinnon. Otherwise, you wouldn't be standing there right now."

Marlene was without a doubt, Fabian's favourite person to tease. He shared a strong friendship with her eldest brother, but Cassiane suspected that there was something more going on between them.

Gideon walked inside the training room, dragging a half asleep Sirius with him. "Someone was found in Sharon's bedroom."

The woman was right behind him, her hands crossed on her chest. "Shut up Prewett."

Sharon Driscoll had arrived at the safe house a week after the seven friends. She had studied in Ilvermony, the magical school in the USA. Her romantic relationship with Sirius was not a secret from anyone and both Cassiane and Remus really liked her.

"Don't you girls share that room?" Remus asked Lily, the corners of his lips twitching.

She shrugged. "I was at the living room, studying with Cas and James."

Sharon sighed, while exchanging a knowing look with Sirius. "All of you are very indiscreet."

Gideon placed his hand on his forehead. "Listen, we're not here to mess around and fall in love. Fabian and I are trying to teach you things that might just save your lives."

Marlene backed away from Fabian, who was still lying on the floor and hid behind Lily.

"I'm sorry Gideon." Sirius muttered. "Do you think you can let go of my ear now?"

For the rest of the morning, the Prewett brothers taught them some new jinxes and spells, which were quite harmful. However, Fabian also insisted on learning protection and healing spells, with Cassiane's help.

Late at evening, Maria cooked spaghetti for everyone and they took their dinner in the dining room. Then, a couple of owls appeared at the window, carrying letters.

Sharon quickly let them in, much to Robert's frustration and each owl handed the letter to the receiver.

Lily groaned as she read hers and passed it to James, who had the same reaction. "Will he ever leave us alone?"

"What's wrong dear?" Maria asked.

"An old friend of mine, Severus Snape, who is now a death eater, is begging me to join them."

Robert furrowed his brows. "Lily, as far as I know, You-know-who, is targeting people like you and me."

"He's trying to keep me safe." Lily explained.

"Well, it's a good thing that this is not his job." James stated and moved closer to her.

A/N; Hiii!
I'm super excited for part two! It's definitely my favourite out of the two and I  hope you liked the new cast.
Have a great day,
Athanasia ❤️