Chapter Twenty-Three

"I am going to regret this

"I am going to regret this."

"What? No! It's not that bad-"

"Sirius, it's 5 o'clock in the morning, outside it's raining and you want to go to the Forbidden forest, therefore breaking as many school regulations as possible." Cassiane whispered at him as James threw the Invisibility Cloak upon them.

"Well, when you put it this way, it does sound kind of dangerous." Sirius admitted.

James crossed his arms. "We don't have a choice! I saw Snape and Regulus head towads the Woods! We have a chance to catch them in the act! Then, we will have proof for Dumbledore to kick them out of here."

"There's literally not a single part of this plan that makes sense. First and foremost, why don't you two go? You could also transform to animals which is VERY USEFUL WHEN YOU ARE IN A GODAMN FOREST."

"Shhhh!" Sirius motioned.

"Cassie, I'm a Head Boy now! I have responsibilities!" James explained.

"Fine. Let's say that we manage to track those bad boys down and actually see them doing something illegal. Is the Headmaster going to believe us? How are we going to justify hanging out in the FORBIDDEN forest at 5 o'clock in the morning?"

James sighed in frustration. "He'll believe us. He has to have figured out by now what those Darkeaters-"

"-Death eaters-" Sirius corrected him.

"-are up to."

Cassiane hid her face in her hands. "They're still considered children, James. They won't be punished. This won't work, not to mention that we're keeping it a secret from everyone, which makes me feel worse!"

Sirius glanced at the open windows in the Common Room. "Cas, you're smart, definitely smarter than me. This is not some stupid rivalry anymore... People's lives are at stake and personally, I can't stand back and watch."

"Neither can I Sirius... Alright, I'll come. If anything happens, keep in mind that I'm going to put the blame on you." Cassiane assured him.

"Terrific."

James grinned and opened the door for them. "Good luck!"

Sirius and Cassiane quietly walked across the castle, without meeting anyone. "See Cas? I told you everything would be alright."

"Sirius... We're not even out of the castle yet."

The front door was locked and unfortunately,rdilch and Mrs Norris, his cat, were standing next to it. Cassiane would have been able to easily unlock it, if it weren't or the man.

"Any brilliant ideas, Sirius?"

He held his wand and pointed to the caretaker's direction. "I could cast a spell..."

"Leave it to me... You might blow him up and then, we will be the ones getting expelled and probably imprisoned too." Cassiane stated. She traced her wand and searched for the appropriate spell for the occasion. "Confundo."

"The Confundus Charm? Someone's been studying."

It immediately had an impact on Filch who walked to the opposite direction, followed by his equally annoying cat. The teenagers unlocked the gate and Sirius cautiously closed it again.

"Last chance to walk away Cassie."

"Nah, I'm okay."

"So, any plans for after school?" Sirius attempted to distract both of them, as they made their way to the forest. "The final exams are around the corner."

She breathed out and pulled her hair in a ponytail. "I'm planning on working with my mum, should I get good enough grades to be accepted to Saint Mango's hospital."

"I knew that, Cas. I mean, are you going to stay with your parents?"

She furrowed her brows. "How did you think about that now?"

Sirius shrugged. "I've been wondering where I could go. James's planning on selling his house."

"I bet he won't mind if you follow him." Cassiane assured him.

"Well, next week, he and Lily are going to meet her sister's fiancé. That could be a sign that their relationship is getting pretty serious and I'm afraid I'll have nowhere to go in case they move in together-"

"You'll have me."

They both smiled as they reached the heart of the forest. Tracking down the Slytherins had turned out to be harder than Cassiane had expected, but Sirius was determined to find them.

"Here." He mumbled, pointing at three dark figures.

"The Master wants you to ask them again." An unknown person shouted at Regulus.

"There's no point in this Lestrange."

Sirius almost revealed himself at the mention of the name.

"Friend of yours?" Cassiane joked.

"He's supposed to be married to a cousin of mine, Bellatrix. They're both devoted to him, although Bellatrix seems to have a weird obsession with her Master."

"I could make an attempt to communicate with Lily Evans and her cousin." Severus proposed. "They might listen to me."

"That's the appropriate reaction. You should be more like Snape, Black. Next month, you might as well meet the Dark Lord, and I assure you, he doesn't take no as an answer." Lestrange warned his fellow Death Eater.

Regulus didn't respond and shot an angry look at Snape, as the other man disappeared in the trees. "You're a liar."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Although I doubt you haven't learnt about it, the one Evans is dating Potter and the other Lupin. What makes you hope they'll hear you out?"

Snape shrugged. "I'll threaten them. Persuade them that their families are in danger, which could be true, by the way."

"Right... Good luck, then, Severus. I'd rather work on less hopeless things, like, studying or training for future duelling." Regulus mocked him.

Cassiane held her breath as the Slytherin passed near them. Soon, Snape set out for the castle too.

"Wow... What's wrong with us? Why do they want to recruit us so bad?"

The woman took off the coat to take a few deep breaths. "Some of us are popular, others are clever... They like vibrant characters."

"What's vibrant about Remus?" Sirius jokingly asked.

"I'm not answering the question."

A/N; Hey everyone!
Quick question; Does anyone else have a ton of schoolwork?
I hope that you're all doing amazinggg!!! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas, or a scene that you'd like me to write about.
Thanks a lot,
Athanasia ❤️