Chapter Twenty-Eight

A few Order Members arrived at the spot, including Philip and Gideon

A few Order Members arrived at the spot, including Philip and Gideon. Remus was still trembling and stuttering, so the Prewett brother sat by his side.

"Hey Remus." He said softly.

"I wasn't trying to-"

"Cassiane explained to us everything, alright? We will check the last spell your wand performed and then I'll return it to you immediately." Gideon informed him, careful not to upset the terrified man even more.

"Where's Cas?"

He knitted his brows. "There's been another attack."

Remus' eyes watered again, wondering which Order member had been attacked. "Where?"

"It's Lily's parents." He said quietly. "You're not supposed to know, but you deserve to."

Cassiane stormed inside the house, opened her suitcase and grabbed a black dress, the one she had bought for the Potters' funeral.

"Cas! Cassiane, wait!" Remus called, running after her.

"They found them an hour ago. I should go with my family."

He nodded. "Give me ten minutes and I'll come with you."

She smiled, grateful for her adorable boyfriend. "Okay, I'll be waiting here."

"No way, you're not staying alone." Philip objected, joining in their conversation. "Those attacks are connected. Snape tried to warn Lily, remember?"

Remus handed his wand to the Order and along with the siblings, they apparated to the place where Lily grew up. Once they arrived, Cassiane rushed to comfort her cousin and her father, Robert, too.

"What happened here?" A huge skull was floating over the house, like a balloon.

"It's called a Dark Mark." Lily growled, while James was trying to persuade someone who worked at the Ministry to let Lily see their bodies. "They use it to prove it was them."

Philip mumbled something about tracking those bastards down, and Robert walked towards Remus. "You look like you've seen a ghost, son."

The man didn't dare to speak, scared that he would burst into tears again.

"I lost my brother today, Remus. And my son just told me that I almost lost my daughter too. I didn't come here to scare you; thank you, for keeping Cassiane safe."

Remus smiled at him. "I'm glad I could sir. My condolences for your brother and his wife."

"Thank you."

Lily hugged her uncle and informed him that according to the experts, at least their death had been quick.

Out of a sudden, another woman appeared on the street. "Lily?"

Cassiane gasped and glanced at the redhead. The woman in front of them was Petunia Evans, who didn't seem to understand what was going on.

"What are all of this people doing here?"

Lily sighed, unsure of what to tell her sister. "Our parents are gone, Petunia."

She furrowed her brows and stared at Cassiane, hoping that Lily was wrong. However, as the brunette lowered her head and looked away, Petunia knew.

"How?"

"Someone casted a Killing Curse-"

"So, your people did that?" Petunia asked, a look of complete disgust painted on her face.

"No matter how low you think of me, you don't believe that I had anything to do with their death-"

Petunia laughed; "Their murders, Lily. Freaks like you-"

Lily had heard enough. She left her sister stunned and approached James who was waiting for her with a proud smile. "Their funeral will be held tomorrow. Freaks like me might be there so be careful, sister."

~~~

It was the second funeral Cassiane had ever attended and she had no intention of doing it again any time soon. Once the ceremony was over, she strolled at the garden to rewind the events of the past twenty four hours.

"Cas!" Peter peaked from behind her.

"Hey. I'm happy you made it."

"I'm so sorry for your losses. They seemed great people." Peter smiled. "Remus asked me to fetch you, because Gideon said you should go back to your place early."

"What? Why would we-"

"The full moon's tomorrow and he's already a bit sick."

Cassiane sighed and thanked her friend before returning to the church. Lily and Philip were standing by the graves, while Robert and Maria appeared to be discussing something with a curious Petunia.

Rolling her eyes, she joined the first two. "I just know that they're so proud of you, Lils."

"Do you? Well, the way I see it, this would've never happened if I were there."

"Oh yes, of course!" Robert said sarcastically. "Would you take on all those wizards on your own?"

"Don't beat yourself up, Lily."

Remus intertwined his fingers with Cassiane's and left a beautiful yellow flower on the graves. "Are you ready?"

"Sure."

They apparated back to the house, which had been cleaned up and secured with protective charms. They both headed straight to bed, as they hadn't managed to sleep over the course of the day.

"Are you okay?" They asked each other simultaneously and then laughed softly. Truth to be told, neither of them was sure how to answer. "Okay" definitely couldn't be used but on the other hand, Cassiane had survived a murder attempt.

"Lily looked really composed today."

She run her hand through his hair, making him giggle. "I felt terrible for bawling my eyes out, when she was so calm."

"Everyone grieves differently." Remus stated.

A loud voice from the house next door alarmed them both. Then, a huge black dog appeared in front of the balcony. Cassiane began to believe that her sleep deprivation was creating ilusinations.

"Padfoot?" Remus mumbled, mainly to himself, as he opened the balcony door, allowing the dog to enter. Without any warning, he transformed into no other than Sirius Black. He stared at the couple and lied on their bed, making himself comfortable.

"Please, come in!" Cassiane said ironically. "Would you like to sit? May I offer you a beverage?"

Remus smirked and approached his friend. "Hey, Pads, I bet you need to get something off your chest

"I really screwed up this time, guys." He muttered. "Sharon is pregnant."

A/N; Heyyy!
Just to clarify, in my fic, the Animagus still have clothes after they transform, so don't worry.
Thanks for reading!
Athanasia ❤️