Chapter Fourteen

Never having experienced a fight between her new friends before, Cassiane had trouble adjusting to the new reality

Never having experienced a fight between her new friends before, Cassiane had trouble adjusting to the new reality. None of the boys spoke to Sirius anymore but she was mainly shocked by Remus, who completely ignored him.

Almost a week later after that night and while the girl still doubted that she had learnt the whole truth, McGonagall asked Remus to help Sirius with a spell. It wasn't uncommon for them to study Transfiguration together, as the latter struggled a bit.

Cassiane assumed that he would accept as always, and hoped that it would be enough for them to get over whatever had happened between them.

"Oh, I'm sorry professor. I have fallen behind in other classes and I can't afford to lose more time." He refused politely and exited the class.

McGonagall rose a brow but didn't add anything else. She couldn't get involved in that situation, although she felt quite curious.

"How are you holding up?" Cassiane asked Sirius later at lunch, ignoring Remus and Faith who were feeding each other french fries.

"Well, I'm much better now that I have someone to eat with."

"Look, Sirius, I'm not sure what to do. I wasn't involved at all in that incident and I really don't want to choose a side." Cassiane informed him. "On the other hand, I can't stand watching you strolling around on your own."

He grinned. "You shouldn't worry so much Cas. I've argued with them before."

"Marlene says otherwise. She supports that it's the first time you haven't spoken for more than a few hours and I'm quite stressed." She admitted.

"Don't make me repeat myself. Besides, even if they won't accept my apology, I still have you and Philip, right mate?" Sirius questioned as Cassiane's brother sat next to them.

"Yeah! I'm not interested in your quarrels." Philip stated bluntly.

Cassiane rolled her eyes. "What if you told us the whole story? Maybe we could help, somehow."

"Cassiane, you're boring me. I won't continue this discussion."

All of a sudden, the owls flew inside the Hall, distributing letters to their receivers. Cassiane, Sirius and Philip didn't get one but they observed as Regulus Black opened a blue envelope and then burst into tears.

He stood up from his table, without explaining anything to his classmates and walked to Gryffindor's table. Meanwhile, Sirius had made out that something terrible had lead his brother into crying in front of rhe whole school.

Regulus wiped a few tears with his sleeve and nearly collapsed on Sirius. "What's wrong Reg?" The older Black asked. Although he refused it, Sirius deeply cared about his brother.

"It's... it's from mother, Sirius. She announced that father... passed away." He said between sobs, while Sirius hugged him.

"I'm sorry."

Regulus pulled back, regretting his reaction and expression of his emotions. "I don't think you are. I don't even know why I told you. Mother specifically wrote that you are not welcome at his funeral!"

Sirius knitted his brows and slammed his hand on the table. "Why would I come to his funeral?" Then, he continued quietly so that only Regulus would hear him. "He was abusive, manipulative, rude and disgusting. Deep down, you know it."

The younger brother glared at him and placed the letter back inside the envelope. "You shouldn't be so bitter Sirius. I can't blame him for not liking you, or the things he did to you. Now go back to your mudbloods and their friends."

"If you ever disrespect my family like that-" Sirius drew his wand but James junped in front of him.

"Let's go Padfoot." He adviced, gently pushing him away from the Slytherin.

"You can't even fight me on your own! You need Potter to save your ass, like always." Regulus teased, adding fuel to the fire. He then unreasonably broke out in unstoppable giggles, like if he was being tickled.

Remus smirked as he approached his friends. "Oh, I love the library. You can find tones of useful spells, like Rictusempra. I will stop it, Regulus, once you promise to leave us alone."

He nodded, unable to speak due to the effects of the spell. Remus did as he promised and Regulus run away, embarrassed and defeated.

"Thank you." Sirius uttered, as a few tears formed.

"Don't mention it.

"Oh Sirius, I'm so sorry!" Cassiane wrapped her arms around him. "Those news are terrible."

He shrugged. "No, not really. I didn't wish death for Orion Black but I won't pretend that I am devastated. We never had a good relationship and he wasn't exactly the ideal father."

Peter gave him a small smile. "Still, we all feel awful right now. This shouldn't have happened in front of everyone."

"You have a point Peter. However most students will quickly forget about it." Sirius assured him and turned around to face Remus. "I've already apologised a couple of times and I respect that you need to stay away from me for a while. Thank you again for stepping up for me today."

Remus sighed. "I forgive you Sirius. You wouldn't hurt any of us deliberately."

Sirius smiled in relief. "Thanks Moony."

Cassiane proudly looked at them. "So, are we all back on speaking terms?"

James chuckled and run his hand through his hair. "Well, Lily still won't talk to me but apart from that-"

"Shut up Prongs."

"Okay Peter."

Cassiane glanced at her plate which was still full. "Are you guys hungry? We didn't manage to finish our lunch

"Ah... I'll catch up with you later." Remus stated. "Faith and I were trying to organise a few things for my birthday party this month."

A/N; Heyy everyone!
I hope that you're all doing great ☺️! Thank you so much for reading my story, it really means a lot. Please don't forget to comment and vote!
Athanasia ❤️